Grovehill
Angry
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Grovehill

Panutche Camara - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 6:10 pm

I was referring to annual P+L accounts which show the Club is not covering expenses.

Cap Ex wouldn't be included in these accounts.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Talk of a £500,000 bid from Ipswich been accepted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:10 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Talk of a £500,000 bid from Ipswich been accepted

On the way for a medical apazza.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:11 pm

What fantastic news, feck off Hallett.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:18 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
When and if he's fit he's as good or better than anything we have, as for Houghton give her head a wobble, like chalk and cheese FFS. Pan is ours play him we do not need the money, not that any players will be bought if he's sold anyway. You lot are deluded. Res Skinnys post you should listen to him.

I agreed 100% with Skinny's post, we're used to shit and not replacing good players when they're sold.  I'd say in recent years Hardie was a good replacement for Ladapo.  If Cam was to move on I'd preferably like to see a wing back brought in as a replacement but that's only down to not knowing when our injured are due back.  Everyone expected Cooper to move on this summer.  We're a different club today than we've been accustomed to, so much more professional, long may it last.

It really is as simple as that, of course. It’s just one or two have the mantra of “we’em little Argyle, we’ll always be shit” engrained in their brain. When Ears comes out with “feck Hallett, he don’t like us on the terraces”, as an argument....you realise there’s no genuine debate to be had.

And today we realize why we will always be shit and also realize that maybe I was right about Hallett, his promises of sustainable CCC football seem about as imminent as the GB net zero targets. What really infuriates me is that we didn't have to sell him and the money has gone on a loan signing that scored three goals in a season and what's more Pan has gone to a league 1 rival.
I was right all along.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Or we could keep him for the next twelve months and if we get promoted or are riding high in January then he could well sign for us then. He didn't cost us much if anything so it's not like we would be losing money by keeping him and also don't forget if we sell all our quality then a lot of fans may well say feck it to the increased ticket prices and do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

The feckless may well say feck it but I don’t think so, i don’t see Argyle selling him unless a replacement is lined up.

What a replacement of the same calibre for the same money recieved? Lol. Any replacement would be the same as all our signings played well in such and such a season but he's nearly over his injury now, definitely worth a punt player like George Cooper. Sell Pan and we have a weaker squad, keep him for twelve months.

Where did Graiser go lol? Re reading this thread makes me quite smug. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:32 pm

He doesn't want to be at the club Ears. Ipswich can probably treble his salary. There's not much can be done about that and he's a good player but nowhere near our best. I honestly reckon Adam Randell is going to be better.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
When and if he's fit he's as good or better than anything we have, as for Houghton give her head a wobble, like chalk and cheese FFS. Pan is ours play him we do not need the money, not that any players will be bought if he's sold anyway. You lot are deluded. Res Skinnys post you should listen to him.

I agreed 100% with Skinny's post, we're used to shit and not replacing good players when they're sold.  I'd say in recent years Hardie was a good replacement for Ladapo.  If Cam was to move on I'd preferably like to see a wing back brought in as a replacement but that's only down to not knowing when our injured are due back.  Everyone expected Cooper to move on this summer.  We're a different club today than we've been accustomed to, so much more professional, long may it last.

It really is as simple as that, of course. It’s just one or two have the mantra of “we’em little Argyle, we’ll always be shit” engrained in their brain. When Ears comes out with “feck Hallett, he don’t like us on the terraces”, as an argument....you realise there’s no genuine debate to be had.

And today we realize why we will always be shit and also realize that maybe I was right about Hallett, his promises of sustainable CCC football seem about as imminent as the GB net zero targets. What really infuriates me is that we didn't have to sell him and the money has gone on a loan signing that scored three goals in a season and what's more Pan has gone to a league 1 rival.
I was right all along.

Chill Ears.

It’s not like you’ll be wasting any of your hard earned, going up to watch them any time soon anyway, is it? geek

Spare a thought for us desperate season ticket holders having to go and watch a Pan-less Argyle every week.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:38 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
He doesn't want to be at the club Ears. Ipswich can probably treble his salary. There's not much can be done about that and he's a good player but nowhere near our best. I honestly reckon Adam Randell is going to be better.

He doesn't want to be at the club because we don't value quality enough, Ipswich do. The reality is that if we had decided to keep him we could have, he was our player, and how many clubs would be lining up for him next May if he decided not to play for a season? We were being told he wanted to sign for a CCC club and now he goes to a rival. We are meant to be a competitive football club not an investment vehicle for an absentee landlord.
Same old Argyle I'm sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I was right all along.

Chill Ears.

It’s not like you’ll be wasting any of your hard earned, going up to watch them any time soon anyway, is it? geek  

Spare a thought for us desperate season ticket holders having to go and watch a Pan-less Argyle every week.

I very nearly did buy a season ticket but I'm glad I didn't now. You lot have been mugged off again.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:42 pm

I think 500k is good money for him.

In twelve months time it'll be "Pan who?"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 3:55 pm

Grovehill wrote:

In twelve months time it'll be "Pan  who?"

It’s probably about the right figure, yeah.

What I’d really like is for budgets to be published publicly at the start of a season, like they do in La Liga.

Then it could be seen in black and white the playing budgets each team has. Then maybe the penny would drop with some people that a player will always go to another team if they are able to double or triple his wages.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 5:03 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

In twelve months time it'll be "Pan  who?"

It’s probably about the right figure, yeah.

What I’d really like is for budgets to be published publicly at the start of a season, like they do in La Liga.

Then it could be seen in black and white the playing budgets each team has. Then maybe the penny would drop with some people that a player will always go to another team if they are able to double or triple his wages.

Oh the old "a certain poster doesn't agree with me he must be stupid/I'll informed" argument, come on Czarky you can dress it up any way that you like Pan didn't sign a contract extension but WE TRANSFER LISTED HIM FFS! We didn't have to and could have kept him until next year and maybe got promoted.
As for Grover and his Pan who comment, lol, it will be the Pan who helped get Ipswich promoted, if he plays against us I will go feckin mental.
I'm meant to be the stupid one but it appears that only me and about a handful of posters are prepared to admit the fecking obvious that after a great we'll supported season we are now weaker than we were last season with a squad getting top heavy with loan players, I look forward to more defence of the indefensible.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 5:37 pm

Wish i put money on it at the time but i did say clubs will test our resolve and go to the wire with Camara knowing we will accept their offers on deadline day or risk getting nothing for him in january.

He wants out thats fine he can go i would have gone so far as to not have him part of pre season training plans like schuey did but £500,000 is a good offer for him and we wont get any better. I truly hope we have someone linedup to bring in in his stead (cant be a loan signing as we are maxed out now) if he goes tonight as we dont want to leave ourselves short on central midfield options. However i believe we wont and not a penny of that money will see the transfer budget.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 6:20 pm

Many of the same arguments and viewpoints being put forward here that people like Smiffy and Jimseng were using in 2008 to justify the sale of Norris to Ipswich, who were also in the same division and also a promotion rival-who said that history doesn't repeat. Different circumstances for sure but aside from undertaking any deeper analysis as to why a market town club became a far more successful entity than our big city outfit in the first place, suffice to say that this money [if indeed £500k is the correct figure] must be reinvested in a more astute and ambitious way than the incoming fees were back in those divisive and ultimately disastrous days.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 6:27 pm

Ive supported the club over lots of different issues recently, but this deals sucks, selling one of your best players to a rival for a pittance makes the club look small and weak. How can the board claim to want to be in the championship then shit on the fans like that? then to make things worse sign a donkey on loan from Birmigham who scores three goals a season ffs! spend the fvcking pan fee on a decent striker and dont take the piss out of the fans with this Brent type nonsense,
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Confirmed that he has now left the club for Ipswich...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:12 pm

Always said under Hallett the most we can ever be is a L1/L2 yo-yo club. Selling our best player to another L1 club really is as shit as it gets and if Hallett can't see this then he is definitely not the man I want at Argo any longer. Also tone deaf Hallett probably can't see a problem with selling a player who can definitely play at the level above and on the same day signing one on loan who is blatantly lower L1/L2 standard at best. Utter shit Hallett.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:27 pm

The club knew this transfer was likely to happen by today i will be pissed if they now state in the coming days after the window closes that ipswich's bid came out of the blue and they had no time to sign a replacement..... They had all summer to sign one as Camara was never going to stay here nor change his mind so they have no excuses not to be on the phone now trying to sign a midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:02 pm

Into the last hour i truly dont see us signing anyone now its too late. We have to hope Houghton, Butcher and Randall dont pick up injuries or suspensions or poor form from now till january's window as we are now short in the middle.

Now i know Edwards and Grant can play there however at the moment they aren't options seeing as Grant is out till god knows when and we have no one else to play RWB as Mumba is having to play LWB due to Grant and Miller being out..
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:26 am

Angry wrote:
The club knew this transfer was likely to happen by today i will be pissed if they now state in the coming days after the window closes that ipswich's bid came out of the blue and they had no time to sign a replacement..... They had all summer to sign one as Camara was never going to stay here nor change his mind so they have no excuses not to be on the phone now trying to sign a midfielder.

And why didn't Camara feature at all this season? He obviously wasn't injured or Ipswich wouldn't have signed him.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 8:31 am

Greenskin wrote:
Many of the same arguments and viewpoints being put forward here that people like Smiffy and Jimseng were using in 2008 to justify the sale of Norris to Ipswich, who were also in the same division and also a promotion rival-who said that history doesn't repeat. Different circumstances for sure but aside from undertaking any deeper analysis as to why a market town club became a far more successful entity than our big city outfit in the first place, suffice to say that this money [if indeed £500k is the correct figure] must be reinvested in a more astute and ambitious way than the incoming fees were back in those divisive and ultimately disastrous days.

Indeed Skinny and I have been called out for being a part time fan by Czarky despite attending many more games last season than Hallett did, go figure. I still remain broadly supportive of Hallett yet the season ticket promises followed by a disastrous transfer day have left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. Not only that but getting abuse for not supporting the chairman really grips my shit, I support Plymouth Argyle the football club not temporary custodians of the club, people have very short memories.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:01 am

Ears, it's Argyle. Whoever the owner is it always ends the same-abject disappointment.

Then someone else takes over and we all go through the same cycle as outlined below.

We are mugs
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

And why didn't Camara feature at all this season? He obviously wasn't injured or Ipswich wouldn't have signed him.

He was injured

Groin is usually about a month.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:14 am

And to top off a less than ideal transfer window, Ryan Broom signed for Cheltenham (again)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panutche Camara
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next