Angry
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Panutche Camara - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:31 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Many of the same arguments and viewpoints being put forward here that people like Smiffy and Jimseng were using in 2008 to justify the sale of Norris to Ipswich, who were also in the same division and also a promotion rival-who said that history doesn't repeat. Different circumstances for sure but aside from undertaking any deeper analysis as to why a market town club became a far more successful entity than our big city outfit in the first place, suffice to say that this money [if indeed £500k is the correct figure] must be reinvested in a more astute and ambitious way than the incoming fees were back in those divisive and ultimately disastrous days.

Indeed Skinny and I have been called out for being a part time fan by Czarky despite attending many more games last season than Hallett did, go figure. I still remain broadly supportive of Hallett yet the season ticket promises followed by a disastrous transfer day have left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. Not only that but getting abuse for not supporting the chairman really grips my shit, I support Plymouth Argyle the football club not temporary custodians of the club, people have very short memories.

Ears that comment should probably have been on the fishing thread. I put it in because it was guaranteed to get a nibble. bom
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:37 am

Grovehill wrote:
And to top off a less than ideal transfer window, Ryan Broom signed for Cheltenham (again)

This is a bit of an eyebrow raiser raised eyebrow

I’d have thought a bigger team than Cheltenham would have been in for him.

I think Shuey has maybe seen what happened with George Cooper. Three year contract on a decent wedge, which in hindsight was a big mistake, even despite the injury.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:51 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Many of the same arguments and viewpoints being put forward here that people like Smiffy and Jimseng were using in 2008 to justify the sale of Norris to Ipswich, who were also in the same division and also a promotion rival-who said that history doesn't repeat. Different circumstances for sure but aside from undertaking any deeper analysis as to why a market town club became a far more successful entity than our big city outfit in the first place, suffice to say that this money [if indeed £500k is the correct figure] must be reinvested in a more astute and ambitious way than the incoming fees were back in those divisive and ultimately disastrous days.

Indeed Skinny and I have been called out for being a part time fan by Czarky despite attending many more games last season than Hallett did, go figure. I still remain broadly supportive of Hallett yet the season ticket promises followed by a disastrous transfer day have left an extremely sour taste in my mouth. Not only that but getting abuse for not supporting the chairman really grips my shit, I support Plymouth Argyle the football club not temporary custodians of the club, people have very short memories.

Ears that comment should probably have been on the fishing thread. I put it in because it was guaranteed to get a nibble. bom

Hook line and sinker. fishing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 9:56 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
The club knew this transfer was likely to happen by today i will be pissed if they now state in the coming days after the window closes that ipswich's bid came out of the blue and they had no time to sign a replacement..... They had all summer to sign one as Camara was never going to stay here nor change his mind so they have no excuses not to be on the phone now trying to sign a midfielder.

And why didn't Camara feature at all this season? He obviously wasn't injured or Ipswich wouldn't have signed him.

He was injured

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Groin is usually about a month.

Lol. Another wee knock? Sorry for being so cynical it comes from supporting Argyle for over fifty years. I still don't believe that the club were doing anything other than making sure nothing happened to sour the sale, this didn't all happen yesterday it must have been ongoing all this season at least and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the burner last season.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
The club knew this transfer was likely to happen by today i will be pissed if they now state in the coming days after the window closes that ipswich's bid came out of the blue and they had no time to sign a replacement..... They had all summer to sign one as Camara was never going to stay here nor change his mind so they have no excuses not to be on the phone now trying to sign a midfielder.

And why didn't Camara feature at all this season? He obviously wasn't injured or Ipswich wouldn't have signed him.

to be honest i can see why Schumacher wont play him if he was determined to move on so he doesnt disrupt the team and so far we have done well without him involved, I still would have had someone lined up to bring in to replace Camara and the fact that they didn't pisses me off as that represent the short sighted vision of the club that we knew he would be off and likely on deadline day and we did nothing to cushion the blow by bringing someone in much like they found time to bring in cosgrove for Jephcott which atm seems like a straight swap for talent but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:48 am

Grovehill wrote:
And to top off a less than ideal transfer window, Ryan Broom signed for Cheltenham (again)

A pretty good transfer window I'd have said. Squad re-shaped, some quality brought in, 2 players out who weren't going to get much (if any) game time, with £500k coming in. Not sure what Broom has to do with anything.

All decisions made by Schuey and the management team, not Hallett, not the Board, not an American somewhere.

But let's not have the facts get in the way of a chance to moan about the club, the Chairman or anyone else that doesn't subscribe to a particular point of view.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 11:09 am

Pan did not want to stay here, so best get shot of. Argyle should have lined someone up as they knew he was going to go, either now or January. £500,000 is not a bad fee for the player. I wish him well during his spell at Ipswich Town.

We move on and trust in Shuey.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:15 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

A pretty good transfer window I'd have said. Squad re-shaped, some quality brought in, 2 players out who weren't going to get much (if any) game time, with £500k coming in. Not sure what Broom has to do with anything.

All decisions made by Schuey and the management team, not Hallett, not the Board, not an American somewhere.

But let's not have the facts get in the way of a chance to moan about the club, the Chairman or anyone else that doesn't subscribe to a particular point of view.

You really are bi-polar aren't you? Britain a laughing stock, rudderless ship run by imbeciles BLA BLA BLA Brexit, Brexit Brexit, bad awful worse. Then with Argyle one hundred percent green tint. True the club are half a million better off but with most of our signings being loans it hasn't gone on the team and with arguably our best player being sold I don't see how we are stronger? As for Schuey he works within his budget and obviously does as he's told by the guy from America. You really are becoming our very own Throbber.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 4:19 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Pan did not want to stay here, so best get shot of. Argyle should have lined someone up as they knew he was going to go, either now or January. £500,000 is not a bad fee for the player. I wish him well during his spell at Ipswich Town.

We move on and trust in Shuey.

Great bit of business for our rivals, they will sell him for a couple of million in a year or two no doubt but then they are a proper footballing club. Next season when we are looking at a nearly complete rebuild I have no doubt they will be in the CCC again. We will be looking forward to building infrastructure for the next three years or so, which I'm surprised Pan didn't hang about for as that's what footballers want these days not promotions.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

You really are bi-polar aren't you? Britain a laughing stock, rudderless ship run by imbeciles BLA BLA BLA Brexit, Brexit Brexit, bad awful worse. Then with Argyle one hundred percent green tint. True the club are half a million better off but with most of our signings being loans it hasn't gone on the team and with arguably our best player being sold I don't see how we are stronger? As for Schuey he works within his budget and obviously does as he's told by the guy from America. You really are becoming our very own Throbber.

I see things for what they are and understand how a football business works.

You're incapable of seeing beyond your own prejudices and ignorance.

Also, you don't seem to understand what bi-polar actually is. There's a surprise.

So, according to you, Schuey is told what to do by Hallett. So Hallett picks the team, decides tactics, what players to sign, which to sell.

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:38 pm

Hallett owns the Club-I expect he expects all employees to do as he wants.

That includes selling assets of the football business when directed to do so. And working within the budgets that the owner of the business sets.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:44 pm

whatever our points of view are on this matter the one thing that is certain and thats if the team starts to struggle and we arent near the playoff spots it will be the board rightly or wrongly pending on your persuasion that the fans at games voice their frustrations at before they turn on schuey
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:45 am

Angry wrote:
whatever our points of view are on this matter the one thing that is certain and thats if the team starts to struggle and we arent near the playoff spots it will be the board rightly or wrongly pending on your persuasion that the fans at games voice their frustrations at before they turn on schuey

If you are talking about fans en masse, at games, I totally disagree.  What would they sing? “Take your £15m (+£4m from your mates) and get out of our club, Hallett”?

The only place I hear or read any disquiet regarding the Board or more to the point, Hallett, is from a couple people on these Boards. If things took a slide in the league that’d rise to half a dozen or so on here.

~~~~~~

As an aside to this, I do love ATD. It’s like free therapy - it genuinely makes me smile a lot more.  

I generally think I’m a rather pessimistic soul who moans more than he probably should. Then you come on these Boards and realise I’m Non-League in the moaning stakes compared to some of the Champions League fcukers we have here.

sunny  sunny  sunny
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 am

If we end up with a mid table finish what will Hallett say to the fans to get another 9000 ST's sold? They may be quiet but they will vote with their feet and thousands would quietly let their ST go and no one will believe that next year he will open the purse strings, Hallett has made a huge gamble, fingers crossed it pays off.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 12:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

You really are an abusive individual.
On an aside 500k is a good bit of business under the circumstances
Unforunately his end product was often lacking
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 2:38 pm

No Camara for Ipswich this afternoon?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 3:31 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

You really are an abusive individual.
On an aside 500k is a good bit of business under the circumstances
Unforunately his end product was often lacking

Sold one of our best players and it's "good business"? We really do have a wierd set of fans. I would love to see what would happen with Leeds, Pompey or Hammers fans if they got chairmen like ours they would kick up fook, but then all do better than us over time.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 5:47 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

If you are talking about fans en masse, at games, I totally disagree.  What would they sing? “Take your £15m (+£4m from your mates) and get out of our club, Hallett”?

The only place I hear or read any disquiet regarding the Board or more to the point, Hallett, is from a couple people on these Boards. If things took a slide in the league that’d rise to half a dozen or so on here.

~~~~~~

As an aside to this, I do love ATD. It’s like free therapy - it genuinely makes me smile a lot more.  

I generally think I’m a rather pessimistic soul who moans more than he probably should. Then you come on these Boards and realise I’m Non-League in the moaning stakes compared to some of the Champions League fcukers we have here.

sunny  sunny  sunny

who did the fans turn on first brent or del bhey?

Brent was the answer as i was there when blocks 3-4 where singing "wheres the money gone" and "sign some players" when del bhey's last season went to shit. they eventually did aim their anger at del of course but the point is the fans will turn on hallett before they will schuey if the day ever comes hopefully that wont happen for either.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:01 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

Brent was the answer as i was there when blocks 3-4 where singing "wheres the money gone" and "sign some players" when del bhey's last season went to shit. they eventually did aim their anger at del of course but the point is the fans will turn on hallett before they will schuey if the day ever comes hopefully that wont happen for either.

For fans to react the same, you’ve just basically said Brent and Hallett are comparable Chairmen. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

For fans to react the same, you’ve just basically said Brent and Hallett are comparable Chairmen. LOL.

humour isnt your strong point so dont try using it to point score.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

I didn’t need to. You provided the comedy with your Brent Hallett comparison.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

i didnt make any comparison you just missed the point totally. The point was the fans back the manager more than they back the owner which is why i brought up the fact blocks 3-4 voiced their displeasure at brent and if ever he had a more vocal support group it was that lot that plebb created before they vented towards del bhey because at the time before he saw fit to do all he could to kill that was well liked by fans. The same will be if the day ever came that hallett will get the stick before Schumacher will because the fans support him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:30 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

i didnt make any comparison you just missed the point totally. The point was the fans back the manager more than they back the owner which is why i brought up the fact blocks 3-4 voiced their displeasure at brent and if ever he had a more vocal support group it was that lot that plebb created before they vented towards del bhey because at the time before he saw fit to do all he could to kill that was well liked by fans. The same will be if the day ever came that hallett will get the stick before Schumacher will because the fans support him.

Yes Angers and I said I disagreed with you. To point out why I disagreed (again), because it passed you by the first time....

The reason I don’t believe fans will turn on Hallett en masse if we fall down the table, is because 99.9% of fans realise what he has brought to the club - £15m of his own, and £4m from other investors. A slight difference from that Cnut Brent.

When fans scream for Halletts blood and ask for a Shuey Statue I’ll come back to this thread and apologise.

In the meantime hurry back Jethro so Angers can debate on a level par.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

Yes Angers and I said I disagreed with you.  To point out why I disagreed (again), because it passed you by the first time....

The reason I don’t believe fans will turn on Hallett en masse if we fall down the table, is because 99.9% of fans realise what he has brought to the club - £15m of his own, and £4m from other investors. A slight difference from that Cnut Brent.

When fans scream for Halletts blood and ask for a Shuey Statue I’ll come back to this thread and apologise.

In the meantime hurry back Jethro so Angers can debate on a level par.

it didnt pass me by you tried to say fans wouldnt do it and i gave an example where they have of course there have been more of course. Fans want success they also want to see ambition from owners and so far when they get told season ticket hikes are to fund a bigger transfer budget and to date we spent nothing and relied heavily on loan signings and made a profit instead on transfers all while the only investment has been in stadium improvements do you think fans would remain silent if the team are struggling while that went on and not funds on transfers? I dont think they will.

Last edited by Angry on Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:33 pm

Jethro!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panutche Camara
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next