Angry
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Panutche Camara - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 6:41 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Jethro!!!

you can bring him up as much as you like he wont get a response from me ever, in fact i dont have to say a word to him and i owned him everytime as he twats himself so not sure why you acting childish all of a sudden here over this matter thinking hes anything more than what he is.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 8:41 am

Going back to topic, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 9:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
whatever our points of view are on this matter the one thing that is certain and thats if the team starts to struggle and we arent near the playoff spots it will be the board rightly or wrongly pending on your persuasion that the fans at games voice their frustrations at before they turn on schuey

If you are talking about fans en masse, at games, I totally disagree.  What would they sing? “Take your £15m (+£4m from your mates) and get out of our club, Hallett”?

The only place I hear or read any disquiet regarding the Board or more to the point, Hallett, is from a couple people on these Boards. If things took a slide in the league that’d rise to half a dozen or so on here.

~~~~~~

As an aside to this, I do love ATD. It’s like free therapy - it genuinely makes me smile a lot more.  

I generally think I’m a rather pessimistic soul who moans more than he probably should. Then you come on these Boards and realise I’m Non-League in the moaning stakes compared to some of the Champions League fcukers we have here.

sunny  sunny  sunny

who did the fans turn on first brent or del bhey?

Brent was the answer as i was there when blocks 3-4 where singing "wheres the money gone" and "sign some players" when del bhey's last season went to shit. they eventually did aim their anger at del of course but the point is the fans will turn on hallett before they will schuey if the day ever comes hopefully that wont happen for either.

For fans to react the same, you’ve just basically said Brent and Hallett are comparable Chairmen. LOL.

humour isnt your strong point so dont try using it to point score.

I didn’t need to. You provided the comedy with your Brent Hallett comparison.

i didnt make any comparison you just missed the point totally. The point was the fans back the manager more than they back the owner which is why i brought up the fact blocks 3-4 voiced their displeasure at brent and if ever he had a more vocal support group it was that lot that plebb created before they vented towards del bhey because at the time before he saw fit to do all he could to kill that was well liked by fans. The same will be if the day ever came that hallett will get the stick before Schumacher will because the fans support him.

Yes Angers and I said I disagreed with you.  To point out why I disagreed (again), because it passed you by the first time....

The reason I don’t believe fans will turn on Hallett en masse if we fall down the table, is because 99.9% of fans realise what he has brought to the club - £15m of his own, and £4m from other investors. A slight difference from that Cnut Brent.

When fans scream for Halletts blood and ask for a Shuey Statue I’ll come back to this thread and apologise.

In the meantime hurry back Jethro so Angers can debate on a level par.

The thing is Hallett and the Yankee investors haven't "given" the club £19m they have put it into the club for safekeeping whilst the interest rates are shite, sure it's a bit of a gamble but Hallett has said himself that he isn't putting any money into the club that he couldn't get back by selling it. Does that make him the best chairman we have ever had? No I think Macaulay in his early years outdid him by not only buying us the promotion but doing the horseshoe. And before you mention it yes I do know how it ended up I was one of the 2500 who supported the club chanting Macaulay out on many a wet miserable Tuesday night.
If we ever get relegated you will see how much the much publicized £19m means to the fans.
Personally I think fans will turn on Schuey first like you did after the Charlton hammering.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 12:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
whatever our points of view are on this matter the one thing that is certain and thats if the team starts to struggle and we arent near the playoff spots it will be the board rightly or wrongly pending on your persuasion that the fans at games voice their frustrations at before they turn on schuey

If you are talking about fans en masse, at games, I totally disagree.  What would they sing? “Take your £15m (+£4m from your mates) and get out of our club, Hallett”?

The only place I hear or read any disquiet regarding the Board or more to the point, Hallett, is from a couple people on these Boards. If things took a slide in the league that’d rise to half a dozen or so on here.

~~~~~~

As an aside to this, I do love ATD. It’s like free therapy - it genuinely makes me smile a lot more.  

I generally think I’m a rather pessimistic soul who moans more than he probably should. Then you come on these Boards and realise I’m Non-League in the moaning stakes compared to some of the Champions League fcukers we have here.

sunny  sunny  sunny

Brent was the answer as i was there when blocks 3-4 where singing "wheres the money gone" and "sign some players" when del bhey's last season went to shit. they eventually did aim their anger at del of course but the point is the fans will turn on hallett before they will schuey if the day ever comes hopefully that wont happen for either.

For fans to react the same, you’ve just basically said Brent and Hallett are comparable Chairmen. LOL.

i didnt make any comparison you just missed the point totally. The point was the fans back the manager more than they back the owner which is why i brought up the fact blocks 3-4 voiced their displeasure at brent and if ever he had a more vocal support group it was that lot that plebb created before they vented towards del bhey because at the time before he saw fit to do all he could to kill that was well liked by fans. The same will be if the day ever came that hallett will get the stick before Schumacher will because the fans support him.

Yes Angers and I said I disagreed with you.  To point out why I disagreed (again), because it passed you by the first time....

The reason I don’t believe fans will turn on Hallett en masse if we fall down the table, is because 99.9% of fans realise what he has brought to the club - £15m of his own, and £4m from other investors. A slight difference from that Cnut Brent.

When fans scream for Halletts blood and ask for a Shuey Statue I’ll come back to this thread and apologise.

The thing is Hallett and the Yankee investors haven't "given" the club £19m they have put it into the club for safekeeping whilst the interest rates are shite, sure it's a bit of a gamble but Hallett has said himself that he isn't putting any money into the club that he couldn't get back by selling it. Does that make him the best chairman we have ever had? No I think Macaulay in his early years outdid him by not only buying us the promotion but doing the horseshoe. And before you mention it yes I do know how it ended up I was one of the 2500 who supported the club chanting Macaulay out on many a wet miserable Tuesday night.
If we ever get relegated you will see how much the much publicized £19m means to the fans.
Personally I think fans will turn on Schuey first like you did after the Charlton hammering.

LOL, I've seen it all now comparing Hallett with MacCauley, you have to be on a wind up.

McCauley handed Shilton money who then got us relegated, Warnock got us promoted from the 4th via play offs and then did one when he saw which way the wind was blowing.

As for crediting MaCauley with the horseshoe, fml, he'd largely checked out by then hanging round only whilst he waited to get his money back. Most of the funding for that came from Government grant, PCC stumped up the rest.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

I can’t be fcuked to carry on putting you straight mid-week Ears. It takes up enough of my time schooling you at weekends.

study sunny
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 2:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

I can’t be fcuked to carry on putting you straight mid-week Ears. It takes up enough of my time schooling you at weekends.

study sunny  

Not sure what I've said wrong? It all bears scrutiny . Macaulay had loads of support early doors and he did put money into the team and manager to buy promotion and the horseshoe is there for all to see. Hallett has tarted up the ground and bought the Jumbotron and we are no higher than Macaulay took us or did I get that wrong? My point is the fans are fickle as Hallett will find out if we get relegated under his stewardship.
Stapes was leagues ahead literally, but that ended in tears so I used Evil Dan, no need to educate me I was there mate, every fecking dismal match of it, right through to about half way through Brent's tenure.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

study sunny  

Not sure what I've said wrong? It all bears scrutiny . Macaulay had loads of support early doors and he did put money into the team and manager to buy promotion and the horseshoe is there for all to see. Hallett has tarted up the ground and bought the Jumbotron and we are no higher than Macaulay took us or did I get that wrong? My point is the fans are fickle as Hallett will find out if we get relegated under his stewardship.
Stapes was leagues ahead literally, but that ended in tears so I used Evil Dan, no need to educate me I was there mate, every fecking dismal match of it, right through to about half way through Brent's tenure.

McCauley took us over when we were in the second division and left us a Division 4 club, having threatened to withdraw us from the league entirely, he banned the local rag from the ground because he didn't like its covereage.

He didn't pay for the horseshoe or even contribute to it.

I don't even know how you can compare the two
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 4:24 pm

Every owner since Robert Daniel has gone through the same cycle:

They take over and splash the cash for a while. Then they either fall out with the manager and/or decide to cash in a few players as "the spending has to stop/we haven't had the success on the field/the public aren't supporting us" This leads to mediocre managerial appointments and free transfer signings until the public cotton on that the problem isn't the player or the manager, it's the owner. So they turn on him, he goes and the cycle starts again.

Daniel wouldn't support Waiters (despite everything TW did for the Club)
Bloom and Co, dumped Smith, never told Brown what he could spend and ended up with Kemp and his dire football.
Cue McCauley who initially backed Shilton then decided a cheap headline was more important than the Club's reputation.
Stapes and Co got lucky with a good cheap Manager and even when they finally found an adequate replacement for Luggy decided property outweighed points and dragged the club (slowly and painfully) back to where they started.
Brent saw a chance to pick at the carrcasse (with the help of a couple of arse lickers) and so entered St Simon-initially a God but now being seen by some as no different to his predecessors.

I give it two years before Hallett is history-either having sold the Club on the back of promotion or having sold to another egotist who will start the whole damn cycle again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 6:07 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

study sunny  

McCauley took us over when we were in the second division and left us a Division 4 club, having threatened to withdraw us from the league entirely, he banned the local rag from the ground because he didn't like its covereage.

Look it's simple, Sigh got us the Covid promotion generally agreed to be a bit spawny but on his record none the less which takes us to league 1, Macaulay took us to the same league with the Warnock Wembley playoff final. Macaulay also built the Horseshoe which no matter who paid for it happened under his stewardship. You could argue that the Yankee investors are paying for the Parkway pitches will Sigh not get credit for that? The fact remains that despite Sigh giving you and Czarks a massive boner his record isn't that great yet. If compared to Stapes we would need to go up as Champions this year to keep up with his record, all facts, especially the boners.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 7:37 pm

I would say that once inflation is taken into account, MacCauley put more cash into Argyle than St Simon has.

Debts cleared, all those big transfer fees (for the time) and salaries covered.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 9:55 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:

~~~~~~

sunny  sunny  sunny

study sunny  

I was no fan of Dan [to say the least in all truth] but he most certainly did contribute to the building of the horseshoe. He paid up £500k to enable work to start before the contracts with PCC had been signed-that occurred before Stapes and co took over and is documented in Sturrock's promotion diary. Whether he got that money back in the final settlement when the new board took over is another matter but that question would probably be relevant in the majority of takeovers and will be if and when Simon Hallett decides to relinquish ownership.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 9:30 am

It's like the Brent takeover days all over again, anyone not buying into the new cult is dismissed as needing educating, not understanding the nuances and the even the history of the club.
Sigh seems to have achieved hero status for investing £15m into the club, I am not berating him for it but he is no different than any other owner we have ever had, he has said himself he won't put money into the playing squad which leaves "sustainable" football with a ground capacity of just over sixteen thousand fans, way less than we need to compete with the big six or eight in this league. As for Macaulay it is a valid comparison, if Sigh takes us to the CCC this season then I will happily admit he has to be one better but until then we are left with the usual buzzwords that we hear from every owner.
We are now told that we need the new Parkway pitches to attract new players yet we have never had any trouble attracting quality players when we are looking like serious promotion contenders and probably more importantly paying them what they want. I would much rather the new £4m went on filling in the corners which could give us another 2000 seats or so or better yet build a.proper grandstand which would put us up over the 20,000 fans we need to compete in this league. I've not heard any talk of either of these projects getting even planned for.
Anyway as I've said before I have always been broadly supportive of Sigh although I cannot buy the not this cult hero status, he hasn't done anything to earn it yet, and at nearly sixty years old I am growing increasingly disallusioned watching team after team enter admin. then sail past us up the leagues again, Derby will be another one.
Anyway what do i know?
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 11:04 am

If i'm right (unlikely knowing me), but isn't Hallets's missus the sister of Morgan who happens to be a near neighbour of Brent.
Probably just a coincidence .
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 2:02 pm

Hales, Seb, Nalis, Halmosi, Buszacy, Seip. None of them seemed put off by the lack of a separate training ground.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Hales, Seb, Nalis, Halmosi, Buszacy, Seip.  None of them seemed put off by the lack of a separate training ground.

Seb liked Ollie and he thought we were going places, he said there was a buzz about the place. Probably what Pan thought about Ipswich, he would have stayed her if he thought a promotion was on the cards this season.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:25 pm

You wouldn't have thought we were third in the league, would you.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 5:04 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
You wouldn't have thought we were third in the league, would you.

We were top of the table for much of last season then the inevitable injuries happened which showed how threadbare our squad was.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 3:31 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I would say that once inflation is taken into account, MacCauley put more cash into Argyle than St Simon has.

It was unsustainable and led to Div 4 football being acceptable amongst the unwitting ever since.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 4:27 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

It was unsustainable and led to Div 4 football being acceptable amongst the unwitting ever since.

So you're saying that Hallett is bad for the Club?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 4:55 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Where on earth have you come to that conclusion? The DanMac era speaks for itself, the Mr Hallett era is still ongoing. Regardless of whether Mr Hallett's investment is more or less in real terms according to inflation we're currently in a great position, undoubtedly the best since the Stapleton board became divided in the early/mid 2000s and 'organic growth' was the game and quite possibly the best since day dot (I've only ever known austerity aside from Macauley's investment which turned to shit). How much do you think the club is worth currently, how much would Mr Hallett get starting at a £1 bid?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 10:07 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Where on earth have you come to that conclusion?  The DanMac era speaks for itself, the Mr Hallett era is still ongoing.  Regardless of whether Mr Hallett's investment is more or less in real terms according to inflation we're currently in a great position, undoubtedly the best since the Stapleton board became divided in the early/mid 2000s and 'organic growth' was the game and quite possibly the best since day dot (I've only ever known austerity aside from Macauley's investment which turned to shit).  How much do you think the club is worth currently, how much would Mr Hallett get starting at a £1 bid?

About a million less now he's sold Pan.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 10:17 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Where on earth have you come to that conclusion?  The DanMac era speaks for itself, the Mr Hallett era is still ongoing.  Regardless of whether Mr Hallett's investment is more or less in real terms according to inflation we're currently in a great position, undoubtedly the best since the Stapleton board became divided in the early/mid 2000s and 'organic growth' was the game and quite possibly the best since day dot (I've only ever known austerity aside from Macauley's investment which turned to shit).  How much do you think the club is worth currently, how much would Mr Hallett get starting at a £1 bid?

You said that McCauley pumping money into the club was unsustainable, why is St Simon doing it any different?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panutche Camara
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9