Tringreen
Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

new player coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Argyle close to signing Neil Trottman and Craig Weatcarr before Saturdays match so the legend goes.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Westcarr,not a bad player had a good spell at county,but as lost his way a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Westcarr,not a bad player had a good spell at county,but as lost his way a bit.

trottman is injury prone. thats all we can sign these days injury prone or out of form players Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel because we are the bottom of the barrel.

We leak goals and don't score so new players are essential. Sheridan's got to do something quick and they're players he knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
We're scraping the bottom of the barrel because we are the bottom of the barrel.

We leak goals and don't score so new players are essential. Sheridan's got to do something quick and they're players he knows.

if Trottman can stay fit he would be a great replacement for real football fwiend purse and westcarr if he can rediscover his midas touch can score goals at this level. We just got to pray John can bring out the best in both and keep them fit.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:16 am

We definitely need a centre half. Westcarr's goal scoring record doesn't inspire confidence, I think he'll be another 'hard working' but low scoring striker. We need midfielders who can provide as well.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:32 am

According to chesterfield fans, Trottman spends more time on the floor than anywhere else.

Also Westcarr is linked with Wallsall as well as us.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:41 am

Westcarr has never played outside the midlands so can't see him coming down this far
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am

I would still like to see Macca and Moseley back here.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Iggy wrote:

Agree with Moseley but macca just didn't really deliver in his second spell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Agree with Moseley but macca just didn't really deliver in his second spell.

I dont see the thing about him to be honest. He couldnt cross the ball and wasnt lethal upfront as some make him out to be.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:49 pm

One of the BBC reporters (on twitter) has said that Sheridan wants to bring in 4 players on loan.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
One of the BBC reporters (on twitter) has said that Sheridan wants to bring in 4 players on loan.

Thats about the quantity of new players we need, if not more. Remember that Sheridan has lost Moseley, McDonald, Purse, Madjo and potentially Bhas from the squad that Fletcher failed with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Well,Sheridan has got to start building HIS team for the final months of the season and securing Football League status.

If he has his contact renewed beyond the season end [which Spotlight are sure he will],that job of team building will continue. He will know what players to keep and which players to wave bye-bye to.

Whatever division Argyle find themselves in next season, [shades of last season here again,but i bloody hope it is League Two] we would see a completely different team to what is on offer now.

I'd keep the likes of Williams/Lennox/Cowan-Hall/the Argentinian lad et al and get rid of FireMan Sam - ''just not cut out for this league''/Chadwick/Wotton/Hourihane - ''he baffles with his in form/out of form performances'' - et al.

Whether Sheridan does that is his business and also that of the club.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 pm

According to this BBC article, he hopes to get 3 players in before Saturday-

Quote :
New Plymouth Argyle manager John Sheridan says his only priority is to keep the club in the Football League.
The 48-year-old was appointed on Sunday after the Pilgrims sacked Carl Fletcher on New Year's Day with the club second from bottom of League Two.
"My priority to keep them in this league," Sheridan said in a news conference at Home Park.
"The club's too big to go down. It'd be a travesty if it did and I'll be pushing hard to do avoid that."
The former Oldham and Chesterfield boss faces a tough task, with Argyle two points off the bottom of the Football League having won just once in their last 16 matches.

"I've seen the potential at the club," he said. "I know what can be achieved if you can get the right results and get the crowd coming in, it can be a very good club.
"There have been one or two other jobs while I've been out of work that I didn't go for.
"But as soon as Plymouth came up, a lot of people told me how good it is.
"I'm really excited, it's a change and something I want to have a really good go at."
Sheridan says that he will bolster the club's squad, and hopes to bring in up to four loan signings.
"I think I know what type of player we need to stay in this division. I'm working very hard to get new faces," he said.
"I think bringing a few players in will give everyone a lift and really push us on in these remaining games.
"I hope to get three players before Saturday. I'm pretty confident about that."

BBC LINK
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Just been to Home Park for person reasons, All the media are there. they had to move to let in a very large dust bin lorry someone shouted it is to take the old team away, another shout it is Mr Brent chauffeur limousine.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Terrell Forbes is rumoured too another tall central defender from chesterfield.

christ he was shite at Yeovil, we really have sunk to te bottom of the barrel haven't we.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

If Carlsberg did moaning they'd do their advert in Plymouth. It's like watching an episode from Little Britain reading some of the threads on here. "Don't want that one, want that one". In case people forget we are the dregs in the football league so we ain't signing anyone brilliant anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
If Carlsberg did moaning they'd do their advert in Plymouth. It's like watching an episode from Little Britain reading some of the threads on here. "Don't want that one, want that one". In case people forget we are the dregs in the football league so we ain't signing anyone brilliant anytime soon.

If the threads make you unhappy don't read them then simples
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

It keeps me enthralled. Honest it does.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It keeps me enthralled. Honest it does.

just an opinion which was shared by my Yeovil supporting friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 am

We wont be attracting any players of real quality at the moment given where we are in the league but we can certain attract some good players on loan. 4 good loan signings and things will start to improve i feel.

I sense the MacDonald deal wont go through now though.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:51 am

I think we need 4 CH 3 MF 3 CF, 2 Puppets and 1 Harry
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:45 am

I remember the giddy heights of signing players for money a few years back...now we are signing Chesterfield and Yeovil rejects

In the words of someone famous - just look how far we have come
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Remember earlier in the season [actually from about June onwards] when people on this site were questioning the fitness and recent playing records of most of the players we were signing, people like Lowry,Guerrieri,Madjo,Griffiths in particular? Seem to remember you offering some similar observations back then about the alleged negativity towards those signings-a quick look at the overall contrbution made by those players would suggest that most of the posters on here got it right.And Plymouth Argyle are not the "dregs of the football league",which is a very rich comment coming from someone who consistently derides others for their lack of positivity-Sheridan certainly didn't think so in his press conference yesterday.For sure,he was realistic about where the club is at the moment but he was also realistic about where the club could be in a few years time,which he specified as the second tier of English football.Which brings the debate around to a logical conclusion-league 2 is a far easier place from which to reach those heights than the BSP and to achieve the aim of staying up this year,the next batch of signings MUST be right.No more injury prone junk,no more signings of players who couldn't get into a team which went 23 games without a win last season,no more 32 year old firemen,just players with the competence to play reasonably well at this level and give Argyle a chance of winning 8-9 games between now and the end of the season and to give Sheridan some room to rebuild the squad properly in the summer.I'd be very surprised if Sheridan didn't look at it in the same way-doesn't strike me as a bloke who would willingly accept failure or fourth class standards,certainly not in the same way that many alleged "positive" supporters are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new player coming   new player coming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

new player coming
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next