Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t Empty
PostSubject: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 am

Anyone hear that ton of bullshit, I don't know where to start on that verbal bollox!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 am

Just listened to Ridsdale on Talksport.

I hate that man. What a slimey scumbag he is. I am ashamed that my club is involved with him.

Brent was HIS first choice all along, HE found him and recommended him to Guilfoyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:51 am

And I hope those fans who have been taken in by Ridsdale are hanging their heads in shame. YOU WERE WARNED.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 am

I heard it. Wish I hadn't. Too much Monday morning work stuff to do to be getting angry!

Real probing questions from Keys and Gray, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 am

Totally agree Frank, after listening to that I feel nothing but repulsion for Ridsdale and his pathetic fan club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am

Nick wrote:
I heard it. Wish I hadn't. Too much Monday morning work stuff to do to be getting angry!

Real probing questions from Keys and Gray, too.

What a joke they were, but even so they gave Ridsdale enough rope to look a complete scheming and disgusting little prat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 am

He even seems to have upset a lot of farmhands. Must be about time for a "we are where we are, don't blow it now " statement from you know who.

"He's a hard working gent, and he's won me over, ride with it, we really do not have an alternative, he'll see us through, I'd bet my life on it." Mad
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

Found this quote from Brent in the 'erald depressing too

"...I have respect for Peter Ridsdale’s decision-making capabilities in relation to football."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

He also seemed to be blaming Reid for our two relegations but the class act was the one when he said that Brent was always his favourite. You really can't make up this shit, still, the Trust and Newell will be happy with it!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am

Shut up and look how far we've come ! pig

Just been listening to the Brent and Ridsdale interviews this weekend on GOS.

I fought Brent said he didn't know why Reid had gone but later intimated that Ridsdale had made a decision based on results............. or somfin like that ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Nick wrote:

"...I have respect for Peter Ridsdale’s decision-making capabilities in relation to football."

I'm living in hope that Ridders might just have met his match in cunning and ruthlessness in the very polite and unassuming James Brent.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Nick wrote:

I'm living in hope that Ridders might just have met his match in cunning and ruthlessness in the very polite and unassuming James Brent.

Sounds a bit of a wimp to me. Said his wife might not let him off babysitting duties to go to Argo on Saturday . Rolling Eyes Laughing

Why does everyone involved with Argo tell porkie pies ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Of course Brent didn't know anything about this, neither did Newell or Web! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Nick wrote:

Sounds a bit of a wimp to me. Said his wife might not let him off babysitting duties to go to Argo on Saturday . Rolling Eyes Laughing

For a minute there I thought you meant me being the wimpy one as my 36-weeks-pregnant wife won't let me make the six-hour round trip to go and watch Argo on Saturday! Moot point really, as I'm won't (and haven't) set foot in HP while Ridsdale is at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Nick wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Nick wrote:

For a minute there I thought you meant me being the wimpy one as my 36-weeks-pregnant wife won't let me make the six-hour round trip to go and watch Argo on Saturday! Moot point really, as I'm won't (and haven't) set foot in HP while Ridsdale is at the helm.

I haven't been for 3 years. Sleep

Wake me up when we are not run by scumbags and supported by dimwitted Janners on a power kick.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I hate that man. What a slimey scumbag he is. I am ashamed that my club is involved with him.

Brent was HIS first choice all along, HE found him and recommended him to Guilfoyle.

I thought it was a solid gold fact Brent was introduced by PCC!. I don't see how we can be that surprised though, have you seen the closed mind revisionism that oozes through 'the Frearless partnership'?, jeeeez that's some dellusional shit.

We can only hope that JB's 'schmoozing' comments are just designed to drag his horse over the line and when it gets there he'll do the honourable thing to his nag with the aid of a bolt gun. I don't believe there'd be a warm relationship between Ridsdale and Peter Jones if he were to be involved, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:58 am

X Isle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I thought it was a solid gold fact Brent was introduced by PCC!. I don't see how we can be that surprised though, have you seen the closed mind revisionism that oozes through 'the Frearless partnership'?, jeeeez that's some dellusional shit.

We can only hope that JB's 'schmoozing' comments are just designed to drag his horse over the line and when it gets there he'll do the honourable thing to his nag with the aid of a bolt gun. I don't believe there'd be a warm relationship between Ridsdale and Peter Jones if he were to be involved, that's for sure.

I think that Brent will see what Ridsdale really is. The Malaysians did at Cardiff and got rid of him asap. Its not like you have to dig TOO hard to find out all about him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Maybe Frank, but will Brent really give a toss?

Brent has made it clear that he has no interest in football so we must assume that his interest, like Heaney, is in potential development. The only difference I can tell between Heaney and Brent is that Brent has the dosh and has the fans reps on side, so why would Brent really care what happens to the club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:08 am

GOB wrote:

Brent has made it clear that he has no interest in football so we must assume that his interest, like Heaney, is in potential development. The only difference I can tell between Heaney and Brent is that Brent has the dosh and has the fans reps on side, so why would Brent really care what happens to the club?

I don't think Brent intends to be the long term owner of Argyle. I think he will look to build his hotel and make his money that way. He may well manage to build the Akkerron stand too. With a decent manager and no debt we should be able to build a side to get out of this division within a year or two. I imagine he would then look to sell the club as a going concern when we are back in League One (or possibly higher if history repeats itself).

Just like Stapes should have done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:24 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
GOB wrote:

I don't think Brent intends to be the long term owner of Argyle. I think he will look to build his hotel and make his money that way. He may well manage to build the Akkerron stand too. With a decent manager and no debt we should be able to build a side to get out of this division within a year or two. I imagine he would then look to sell the club as a going concern when we are back in League One (or possibly higher if history repeats itself).

Just like Stapes should have done.

Amen to that Frank, but I can only see that happening if Brent has a social conscience and very few wealthy businessmen do until they go on TV and give a 0.01% of their income to a charity for an image boost , he has no need to do any of that to make himself a few bob.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I think that Brent will see what Ridsdale really is. The Malaysians did at Cardiff and got rid of him asap. Its not like you have to dig TOO hard to find out all about him.

I can't see that happening. It'll be more likely that Ridsdale will disappear into the sunset claiming the credit for saving Plymouth Argyle as soon as the next 'club in crisis' appears on his radar. There's no money for him under a Brent led board, hence why he was trying to scupper the deal a couple of weeks ago in Monaco.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:30 pm

GOB wrote:

Don't assume GOB, it makes an 'ass' of 'u' and 'me'..................and I can manage that quite well on my own thanks geek.

I'm sure part of the stability package would involve development but what sort of self respecting serving PPDL sells his assets to a local council?. No, he declared his intention from the very off, it's simply maintaining a high profile brand in the South West peninsula. He's not a football man, he's not an Argyle man but he is a proud westcountryman and that's what saw him get involved. Since then though he's caught the bug a bit I understand. To put him in the same sentence as Heaney, let alone the same boat, is not at all right.

As for whether he keeps Ridsdale on I share PD's view that he'll sail off into the sunset. On both levels it won't work. Ridsdale wouldn't be impressed with the size of salary if he's not paying himself. Brent won't be impressed with the size of the salary gap between Ridsdale and, say, Michael Dunford, who is available and would come with all the same experience but none of the, ahem, baggage.

I'd welcome Ridsdale staying around for a respectful handover period though. I have low expectations of the man but not f**king off at the first opportunity and being of constructive practical assistance to the new regime would go some way to putting a small elastoplast of repair on the cowboy job he's done to date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t   Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t Empty

Back to top Go down

Ha, Ridsdale you tw@t
Page 1 of 1