seadog
Tgwu
125+1
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Now why doesn't that surprise me, a car full of cliches travelling up from Exeter with their stale sarnies.
As for the 2 nil thing, I don't know a lot about anything, but I've always thought 4 nil down was far more dangerous.
But then you've uuuuu......................... you've got .... the ..........erm ........ measured, and ever so ................ considered [licks lips] Tizzy ........uuummmmm ..... teaching you all you know.
Here's a rarely used cliche that you might remember at the end of the season. The most dangerous thing in football is to sell your best players.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Now here's a thing, travelling up to Wycombe Boxing Day the consensus in the car was quite happy at half time, rapidly approaching our destination, the Scum 2 nil down to one of the weaker sides in the division, plenty of Christmas cheer and turkey sandwiches evident. all good.

Then the bad news started coming through, 2-1, now a good mate of mine never stops going on about how dangerous a two nil lead is, true to form he started up to howls of derision, stopping and putting him out was considered, but we weren't Pasoti where people get turfed overboard just for having an opinion, so we continued on comfortable in the certainty of an easy three points at Wycombe.

2-2, cue gloating from the know all bastard, strangely no one else seemed all that bothered, perhaps it was something to do with it being Bucks' Boys that were crumbling, there's just something about him that makes it hard for us to like, even when the late winner went in there was no pain or anguish just a reasoned debate on how good it was that you could grab a late winner and yet still drop to the bottom of the Football league.

Maybe it was the Bucks factor, or perhaps you have simply fallen so far off our radar that your results no longer have any significance, either way I have to say the fact that you dropped to the bottom far outweighed the pain of a late winner and Knobhead going on about the 2 nil syndrome for the rest of the trip.

I an not going into the Wycombe experience, it is an awful place to put a football ground, they don't serve beer inside but luckily we had plenty with us, they never search you there, in fact their stewards are some of the best in football, they stand around in their silly hats and let you sort yourselves out, we were utter rubbish at the back and they cheated by getting a loanee in that can actually play, that Trotta is a nightmare at our level, he would get three a game at yours.

Now don't be getting too smug, you have picked up a few points of late but you have only done it against the real dross and with the help of a decent loanee, hopefully Mick will hook him back or send him somewhere where his talents might be extended by playing at a higher level. The right results Friday and Saturday and you could be adrift once more, which is where we like to see you.

Happy new year.

I don't begrudge you your day in the sun actually. Your highest ever finish in the history of your club, 8th in Division 3 was it?, while your near neighbours are facing up to a mismanagement masterclass of colossal proportions, couldn't have coincided any better for you. So yeah, I hope you enjoy it.

Because, (and we all know it) it won't be too long before the natural order of things is restored.

Historically, we both have our glass ceilings. Probably our best squad ever was disassembled when we were in the play-off positions in the Championship 3 years ago. Annoying, yes. But for us, there is that glimmer that sometime in the future it is perfectly feasible that a club of our size and potential can reach the promised land. If Bradford, Barnsley, Hull, Swindon, and Blackpool can get there, then with the right leadership, we sure as hell can. jocolor

It must be a bit demoralising for you to know deep down, that those type of dreams are, well, just that. Dreams. With no prospect of it ever actually happening.

Happy new year to you too.

Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Czar, they are going to have survive their relegation from League 1 first!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:57 pm

penzancepirate wrote:

Here's a rarely used cliche that you might remember at the end of the season. The most dangerous thing in football is to sell your best players.

I'd like to think we learned our lesson well - the hard way. However, I'm not sure some will ever learn. The selling club mentality is too deeply ingrained in the fans as it's all they've ever known. It's what they expect.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 pm

I think the day that the scum can really gloat is when they actually buy a player off of us who we don't want to leave. Not pick up all of our cast-offs we look to off-load, or get given a player as part of a deal when we buy the odd useful one from you. Will that ever happen? Not while I've got a hole in my ass.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Remember well Mackie scoring for us just after we bought him from them and it being announced over the tannoy at SJP - Argyle 4 Someone else 1 and Mackie scores a hat trick - or something like that.

Tisdale was fuming, and refused to ever let Mackie's name be mentioned at SJP EVER again!

Sold from under you was he Tis? lol!
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 pm

There you go. If Mackie and Harley had been nailed down into their Exeter bed sits, City would have been in the championship by now. The secret is to know how to excite and keep those star players. Southampton managed it with Le Tissier, it is possible to a certain extent, but the players have to believe the club is going somewhere, that's the big thing. If Norris and SEB believed in our desire and plan, they would have stayed, all youngsters want the momentum of success.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:42 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
There you go. If Mackie and Harley had been nailed down into their Exeter bed sits, City would have been in the championship by now. The secret is to know how to excite and keep those star players. Southampton managed it with Le Tissier, it is possible to a certain extent, but the players have to believe the club is going somewhere, that's the big thing. If Norris and SEB believed in our desire and plan, they would have stayed, all youngsters want the momentum of success.

To be fair PP, I think Le Tissier would have probably been on his bike if the wages were as rediculous at the top clubs as they are now. Steve Bull was the same. I think they're probably just a minority really. Players who are completely happy with the home life they have, and are unwilling to be tempted to upset all that for a few grand more. That sort would be virtually non-existent in this day and age.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Remember well Mackie scoring for us just after we bought him from them and it being announced over the tannoy at SJP - Argyle 4 Someone else 1 and Mackie scores a hat trick - or something like that.

Tisdale was fuming, and refused to ever let Mackie's name be mentioned at SJP EVER again!

when did he ever score a hat trick?????
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Well done boys, I didn't think you lot were as demented as them others, but I was wrong, you are still thinking EPL when you should be thinking BSP, don't you ever learn, those dreams were always just that, dreams, get real, we are the power now West of Brizzle, the sooner you can accept that the better you will feel.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Well done boys, I didn't think you lot were as demented as them others, but I was wrong, you are still thinking EPL when you should be thinking BSP, don't you ever learn, those dreams were always just that, dreams, get real, we are the power now West of Brizzle, the sooner you can accept that the better you will feel.

And you're at the end of the best spell in your entire history, which still amounts to mid table obscurity in League 1 with shit crowds. The initial euphoria of climbing out of the BSP and the momentum that took you to League 1 is now over, and an imminent return to your rightful home is on the horizon. After decades of being our whipping boys I suppose you're entitled to crow for now, but you, your friends, your family and your boyfriend all know that you're going down this season and normal service will be resumed.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:

lol!

Ted Tuckerman.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
you are still thinking EPL when you should be thinking BSP,
Thinking EPL ? Laughing I don't think so, not in this milenium and under this present industry regime.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:02 pm

greenjock wrote:

And you're at the end of the best spell in your entire history,

Hardly the issue old chap, you boys have got a long way to go just to catch the Turks, we are in a whole different league, yet you still talk about heady days in the Championship as if there was a chance of you ever going back there. Brent spent zero cash to acquire your club and will spend exactly that amount to try and make a success on the field, as you probably recall the only way you got to the zenith of your own achievements was by spending 17 million pounds of other people's money, that just isn't happening again, take a look around at the clubs you are struggling to out perform now, Dagenham, Hereford, Northampton, Barnet and is if to be a warning to you, a really big club, Bradford City, that is your level now, get over it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:20 pm

[quote="Lord Tisdale"]
greenjock wrote:

Hardly the issue old chap, you boys have got a long way to go just to catch the Turks, we are in a whole different league, yet you still talk about heady days in the Championship as if there was a chance of you ever going back there. Brent spent zero cash to acquire your club and will spend exactly that amount to try and make a success on the field, as you probably recall the only way you got to the zenith of your own achievements was by spending 17 million pounds of other people's money, that just isn't happening again, take a look around at the clubs you are struggling to out perform now, Dagenham, Hereford, Northampton, Barnet and is if to be a warning to you, a really big club, Bradford City, that is your level now, get over it.[/quote

Looking at your record,21 goals in 22 games isn't exactly a stat to give faith that you won't be in a whole new league next year,TBH.And,if you are on a wind up,then please make it a decent,fact based one.The zenith of our achievement certainly wasn't reached by spending £17m of other peoples money,the accumulation of the debt arose well after the peak of our CCC days was reached.The zenith was reached through good management by Messrs Sturrock,Pulis,Holloway and Williamson [to a certain extent]on rather modest outlay and the nadir achieved through boardroom greed,managerial incompetence,bad decision making and the pursuit of a pie in the sky world cup bid.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Looking at your record,21 goals in 22 games isn't exactly a stat to give faith that you won't be in a whole new league next year,TBH.

True we haven't been good, but confidence is still high, you have to be really shit to get relegated out of this league and we have a record of doing much better in the second half of the season.

So, when Brent said he would put in sufficient money to get you to your normal level did he happen to say how much or exactly what that level might be ?

To date he hasn't spent a penny of his own money to gain control of your massive club, what makes you think that is about to change ?
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Hardly the issue old chap, you boys have got a long way to go just to catch the Turks, we are in a whole different league, yet you still talk about heady days in the Championship as if there was a chance of you ever going back there. Brent spent zero cash to acquire your club and will spend exactly that amount to try and make a success on the field, as you probably recall the only way you got to the zenith of your own achievements was by spending 17 million pounds of other people's money, that just isn't happening again, take a look around at the clubs you are struggling to out perform now, Dagenham, Hereford, Northampton, Barnet and is if to be a warning to you, a really big club, Bradford City, that is your level now, get over it.

And you're still talking about the heady days of away trips to Wycombe. Face it, you're so chuffed to be just a bit less shit than us at the moment that you're gloating about your position, and thats sinking quickly. Jealousy really is horrible. It just eats and eats away at you and becomes all consuming. Enjoy it while it lasts because we all know Argyle will tear you another one next season, have done for years and years.

You're 19th in League 1 with crowds of around 4,000. I would worry about your own club LT, and how long it will be before the masses with their pitchforks start turning on Tisdale.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 am

greenjock wrote:
Jealousy really is horrible. It just eats and eats away at you and becomes all consuming.

Yes, that all consuming that I have managed 12 posts on your quaint little site trying to bring the truth to you sad demented Greenies.

Difficult to imagine anybody being jealous of the team sitting 92nd out of 92 but I will give it a go.

I must congratulate you boys for going a whole 90 minutes without having a player sent off, enjoy the porta loos at the Rec, hope them noisy Shots aren't too loud for you, I know your ageing fan base like a bit of peace and quiet when you are watching.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:01 am

I hate to shatter the collective Exeter illusion Tizzy but actually a Portaloo is not the TARDIS you lot think it is.

We don't 'enjoy' portaloo's, they are functional objects for a perfectly mundane function. But we do recognise that to a native of Exeter they really do 'transport' you to a magical world much better than your own pirat.

Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Phenom wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

when did he ever score a hat trick?????

Did you miss the 'or something like that' ? Very Happy

Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was the tannoy blokie at Sid James Park lauding Mackie just after he had left which upset Tisdale.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:50 pm

X Isle wrote:
I hate to shatter the collective Exeter illusion Tizzy but actually a Portaloo is not the TARDIS you lot think it is.

We don't 'enjoy' portaloo's, they are functional objects for a perfectly mundane function. But we do recognise that to a native of Exeter they really do 'transport' you to a magical world much better than your own pirat.

The TARDIS was a phonebox not a Portaloo Smiffy, easy mistake to make at your age though.

I would apologise for suggesting you might enjoy them, I was rather foolishly forgetting how few of you turned up at SJP for our last competitive fixture, obviously anyone that needed to relieve themselves at our place would "enjoy" the superior facilities at the Rec.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
X Isle wrote:

The TARDIS was a phonebox not a Portaloo Smiffy, easy mistake to make at your age though.

I would apologise for suggesting you might enjoy them, I was rather foolishly forgetting how few of you turned up at SJP for our last competitive fixture, obviously anyone that needed to relieve themselves at our place would "enjoy" the superior facilities at the Rec.

Sorry to rain on your parade Tis, but Argyle only sold tickets for the JPT to Season Ticket holders. At the time our future was very much in doubt and therefore Season Ticket holders were as rare as the silverware in the cabinet at SJP. If you remember, we were the better team over 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Sorry to rain on your parade Tis, but Argyle only sold tickets for the JPT to Season Ticket holders. At the time our future was very much in doubt and therefore Season Ticket holders were as rare as the silverware in the cabinet at SJP. If you remember, we were the better team over 90 minutes.

I wouldn't describe that as not much more than a light drizzle, big club brings 300 fans forty miles to deadly rivals to watch a competitive fixture, dress it up how you like, the only appropriate adjective is pathetic.
Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:23 pm

You are missing the minor point of SEASON TICKETS

If you weren't a ST holder, you couldn't get tickets.

We managed to bring a few more back in April.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 am

I don't much care for or about Exeter. Nor Pasoti. I am delighted that we have gone 4 unbeaten. I am amazed at the comeback up at Rovers. I don't think we will go down. Maybe not because we are much good but because there will be 2 teams worse than us. We need to keep or replace with similar or better all of the players that might leave. The team we have now bears very little relation to the team that started the season so our current league position is misleading. In effect we have forfeited the first quarter of the season. I think we have bottomed out. I am optimistic about the immediate future.

I think that covers just about everything on this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3-2!!!!!!   3-2!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

3-2!!!!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: