downthetrack
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:54 pm

scored for Cardiff again,got him for a snip.
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:55 pm

downthetrack wrote:
scored for Cardiff again,got him for a snip.

he went for a Plymouth price which is less than a snip. If he keeps up his progression he will be in the Ireland squad next season.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I ain't taking the piss,f**king great young player.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 pm

And Reda scored for Wednesday, and Arnason scored for Aberdeen.

You can play a little meta-game with Sky Sports Soccer Special, trying to be the first to shout 'he used to play for Argyle' when the name of one of our 'Plymouth price' ex-players appears on the vidiprinter, which happens so frequently it's enough to make you switch over and watch re-runs of Friends on Comedy Central.
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Just seen Arnasons goal for Aberdeen and its a beaut as good as the one he scored for us against McDons.

Mind you I used to get fed up with his 'long throws' which used to loop up into the air, only to return 10 minutes later covered in snow at a point no more than 10cm away from where it was taken.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:21 pm

Another one for him tonight,10 in 24 now
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 pm

every match day.................

'if only we had a player like (insert name) ' Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Another one for him tonight,10 in 24 now

Proper naughty you are,stirring us up about "what might have beens".Nobody on this site has ever considered this aspect before.Well,maybe once or twice........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Can you imagine a front three of Mackie, Mason and BWP in this division? No, neither can I. But if they did team up at this level they'd be the best forward line the division had ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can you imagine a front three of Mackie, Mason and BWP in this division? No, neither can I. But if they did team up at this level they'd be the best forward line the division had ever seen.

With Norris, Buzsaky, Halmosi and Noone supplying the ammunition? Stop it before it hurts too much Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
swampy

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I remember Swansea had a pretty tasty forward line under Toshack with Robbie James, Alan Curtis and co. in the late 70's.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am

A very good young player and a Plymouth boy to boot and we don't seem to get that many home grown talents.
It's a shame he went in the fire sale because he could have been an absolute star this season.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 am

I watched Bolasie start for the Turnips against WHU last night and he seemed their most potent attacking threat. Quite a few dangerous runs (usually with a shite cross at the end) and was fouled quite a few times resulting in bookings for a couple of West Ham defenders. The Bristol fans seem to rate him (think he scored his first goal last weekend which helped them beat coventry).

Almost 17k at Ashton gate and the atmosphere was quite decent. I heard a couple of turnips say that one of the reasons Nicky Maynard left was because he didn't want his son to have a Bristolian accent Laughing The facilities (toilets, food) were awful, and the vendor prices were worse than those at Home Park affraid Some of the football was good, although both teams mainly resorted to hoof ball (typical Allardyce!). James Tomkins looks like he will be a very good player- good footballing CB and strong in the air.
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 pm

And again. He's also just signed a new 4 year contract at Cardiff, so if he does move on anytime soon it will be for just a tad more than the £150k they paid us for him with no add-on fees. PETER RIDSDALE YOU ABSOLUTE ROBBING BASTARD
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

So if Cardiff sell him you get feck all ? Thats a shambles
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 pm

downthetrack wrote:
So if Cardiff sell him you get feck all ? Thats a shambles

Exactly. I know we weren't in a good bargaining position, but nobody in their right mind sells a young player to a higher division team without insisting on add ons, especially when the sale price is peanuts. Ridsdale was the instigator of the sale to his former club who he left under a cloud. Im convinced that has something to do with the reason we let him go so cheap.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 pm

PLYMOUTH Argyle will receive a sizeable cash windfall if youth product Joe Mason completes his expected £3m move from Cardiff City to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 24-year-old was a product of the Green Army's academy before going on to make 53 appearances for the club between 2009 and 2011.

The Republic of Ireland under-19 and under-21 international moved on from Home Park in July 2011 when the Welsh side paid £250,000 for his services.

As a part of that deal, a sell-on fee was agreed with Argyle, though the precise percentage has not been revealed, but just 10 per cent of the deal could mean £300,000 for the club.

Within the last 90 minutes, the Molineux club has confirmed it is in advanced discussions with the Bluebirds for Mason after making a significant bid.

Wolves have seen a host of targets fall by the wayside in recent weeks as they search for Benik Afobe's replacement, following his £10m move to Bournemouth.

Since arriving in the Welsh capital the former St Boniface's Catholic College student has made 97 appearances and scored 22 goals, while a number of loan spells at Bolton Wanderers have yielded 10 goals in 28 outings.

This season, Mason has noticed six goals in 24 appearances.

Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:21 pm

It might be 10%, it might be !%. The Herald haven't got a clue
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:22 pm

i thought because he was sold due to admin there could be no clauses added.
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 pm

I don't think there is a legal reason for no sell on clauses, but when we were scrabbling for every 0.7 penny it made more sense to take the cash now, rather then wait for a sell on fee.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Asked an ardent Bluebird colleague to check their forums for ITK info.

No firm % figure but response was good luck trying to get Tan to pay up
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:39 pm

The Brentral Lip will be quivering uncontrollably if he nets a few hundred grand from this.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Re: ' Joe Mason - sell-on fee '

Postby Blueboys1927 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Plymouth may be getting up to 25% of this deal not the 10% as being reported in the local press, according to local Plymouth radio. Great deal for PAFC if correct

Re: ' Joe Mason - sell-on fee '

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:35 pm

This might not be true because I vaguely remember at the time we bought him that Plymouth were in shit street.

I'm sure the Riddler handled the transfer and I believe we paid the whole amount up front and got a better deal and no sell on clause
Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:45 pm

i remain doubtful about this incoming money from mason's transfer to Wolves as i am certain as i can be with seeing the actual contract of sale itself that you cannot include any perks including add ons when selling players while in administration. You cant even barter a better deal when offered a fee for any player either Which is why Mason went for so cheap.

it would be a nice income if we do gain some cash from this after all but lets be real about one thing none of that money is going to find its way into Del Bhey's kitty or even on ground/stadium maintenance.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:46 pm

The Administration report talks of sell on clause for Jack Stephens and not Joe Mason.

### BEEB LINK ### THREAD HIJACK INEVITABLE ###

Talking of Stephens, he has returned to Southampton from Middlesboro after not getting enough game time on loan. Would have been a tidy asset as cover down 'ere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I see Joe Mason Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason Empty

Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: