Greenskin
Elias
Nick
downthetrack
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

I see Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:50 am

tigertony wrote:
Fact!!!! So who were they then ?? Without names or more substantial info this fact is not a fact!
McCauley out!!!

It is fact, and just because YOU don't know, doesn't mean that others aren't perfectly correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:51 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
lol! You know us too well GG, but until the fat controller and his bitches admit a few facts then we will have to keep pointing it out to them. Brent was not the only bidder FACT!
It's depressing to see what we sold those players for, it's a toss whether the new world order or the administrators did more damage to Argyle.

Fact ! So who were they then?

Yes, 'fact'.

The potential investors were not named in Brenda's final P&A report but they were mentioned as being scared off by the reaction of some Argyle fans.  

It doesn't take a genius to work out who those fans might be...

Are you guys seriously suggesting that so called Superfans (and wont name on this occasion) scared off investors to potentially elevate their own status under Brent.....??  Its quite a strong accusation ??

That's exactly what happened
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 am

[quote="Homeslice"]
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
lol! You know us too well GG, but until the fat controller and his bitches admit a few facts then we will have to keep pointing it out to them. Brent was not the only bidder FACT!
It's depressing to see what we sold those players for, it's a toss whether the new world order or the administrators did more damage to Argyle.

Fact ! So who were they then?

Yes, 'fact'.

The potential investors were not named in Brenda's final P&A report but they were mentioned as being scared off by the reaction of some Argyle fans.  

It doesn't take a genius to work out who those fans might be...

Are you guys seriously suggesting that so called Superfans (and wont name on this occasion) scared off investors to potentially elevate their own status under Brent.....??  Its quite a strong accusation ??

Thats exactly what happened

If I may ask what to me is a ludicrous question to be honest however what were these Superfans doing involved with this Adminstration/take over, whatever you want to call it ??
Why the hell was Nool involved ??
Did he wedge up £xyz.....??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:26 am

tigertony wrote:
Fact!!!! So who were they then ?? Without names or more substantial info this fact is not a fact!
McCauley out!!!

Buttivant is one who was championed by dear old Doris Delar if you check vital there is plenty of proof there and obviously Heaney and the Japanese and/or Stapes and Brenda the Panda reckons there are more.
Sorry to burst your Brent shaped bubble. And they all would have signed Messi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:55 am

Great news - if true - about the Mason sell-on money. Not only a windfall but also cushions the blow of selling him for a pittance in the first place.

Interesting to see the speculation around what the debt position is at the club but in terms of the admin creditor debt/balloon payment we must now be in pretty good shape.

Of course, the club will still be into Brent/Wrathall for a tidy sum, plus the GT money but not much to be done there yet. Best thing is to hope for a promotion and some new serious investors to appear, who are prepared to buy out James and his friend. The rest is hand-wringing.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Joe Mason cash will not come all at once, says Plymouth Argyle CEO Martyn Starnes

Martyn Starnes has welcomed the cash windfall that Plymouth Argyle will receive after their former striker Joe Mason was sold by Cardiff City to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

But Starnes was quick to point out the Pilgrims would not be paid all the money they are owed as part of a sell-on clause immediately.

Instead, the League Two club are likely to receive it over a period of time.

When Argyle sold Mason to Cardiff in the summer of 2011, at the height of their financial crisis, part of the £250,000 package included a sell-on clause thought to be around 15 per cent.

Now his move to Wolves will lead to further significant funds for Mason's hometown club.

Although the fee for Mason has not been disclosed it has been reported to be in the region of £3 million.

However, as with all 'unbudgeted' and 'fortune' income at Argyle, 50 per cent has to go to football creditors from their time in administration.

Starnes, who was appointed to his role at Home Park in 2013, told Herald Sport: "We have lost a number of youngsters before they have got to the age of 18.

"It has meant we have had minimal compensation for them until they start playing first team football somewhere – primarily with the club that took them from us.

"With Mason, I believe he was one of those who went during the administration period, and I think it was a bit of a fire sale there.

"My understanding is we didn't necessarily get value for the players that were sold at that time. Certainly looking at the numbers, I would say that's the case.

"So to be able to get a little bit of extra value on a transfer is a nice thing to have. It's probably compensation for not receiving that money at the time."

Starnes continued: "The money comes to us in accordance with the payment schedule that is agreed between the buying and selling clubs.

"If Wolves were putting down a down payment and the rest in instalments we would get our money pro rata.

"We get our cash as Cardiff get theirs."

Argyle were rescued out of administration by James Brent in 2011.

Part of the agreement struck with The Football League and The Professional Footballers' Association was that a proportion of any 'unbudgeted' or 'fortune' income received by the club would be distributed to football creditors.

That will continue to be the case until November this year.

Starnes said: "We have to do that. It's a legal obligation in terms of the agreement."

Mason was a product of Argyle's youth set-up and went on to make 31 starts and 24 substitute appearances at first team level, scoring 10 goals, before he was sold to Cardiff as the club grappled with a catastrophic financial collapse.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm still very surprised we had a sell on clause- we didn't with Noone or Bolasie who were both sold in the same period and have since been sold on by those clubs.

I see from tgwu's herald article above, that 50% of any monies will go towards balloon payments.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
PLYMOUTH-born former Argyle striker Joe Mason has completed his transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers from Championship rivals Cardiff City.

The 24-year-old has signed a contract with Wolves until the summer of 2019, and it means a cash windfall for the Pilgrims.

Although the fee for Mason has not been disclosed it has been reported to be in the region of £3 million.

When Argyle sold Mason to Cardiff in the summer of 2011, at the height of their financial crisis, part of the £250,000 package included a sell-on clause thought to be around 15 per cent.

If that right, that worth £450,000

If all of that is true then 15% of £3m is a cool £450k.

If you add on the increase in matchday revenue (average crowd last season 7693; ave so far this season 8860) then the balance sheet at Home Park must be looking very good indeed.

Nice thought Drakey but as usual you have missed summat, sell ons relate to the increase in value so more like £415k, still better than a kick in the blocks mind, except of course most of it will go to the Harry Potter retirement fund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Ee saved us don't you know?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
McCauley out!!!

What a tosser.
If the best you can do is hurl abuse then I suggest that indicates you are stuck in a corner with no answer. But, thinking about it, you are often stuck in a corner wearing a pointed hat with a massive 'D' on. Grow up a bit or you'll find big school hard work. laugh

Gosh, what a wag you are.

As far as I can see, Mr Greenskin's comment is one that a number of posters would agree with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm

It takes a lot for Greenskin to hurl abuse. He's been, and is, a fine considered poster here and across the way for ever. I would be a bit concerned about Tone's mental health, and having seen his nuking comments, and others, I think he needs help. I'm afraid Rambo is not formed in the best tradion of ATD. Still it's a broad church here. More equal ops than special ops, fortunately.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
It takes a lot for Greenskin to hurl abuse. He's been, and is, a fine considered poster here and across the way for ever. I would be a bit concerned about Tone's mental health, and having seen his nuking comments, and others, I think he needs help. I'm afraid Rambo is not formed in the best tradion of ATD. Still it's a broad church.

Steady on, he'll be getting big headed. I do see him at golf from time to time, he'll never let me forget it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:
It takes a lot for Greenskin to hurl abuse. He's been, and is, a fine considered poster here and across the way for ever. I would be a bit concerned about Tone's mental health, and having seen his nuking comments, and others, I think he needs help. I'm afraid Rambo is not formed in the best tradion of ATD. Still it's a broad church.

Steady on, he'll be getting big headed. I do see him at golf from time to time, he'll never let me forget it.

Big bellied more like. Wink Probably shouldn't have issued that insult really but i don't like sloppy,ill informed and allegedly witty smart arse comments.Clearly there were alternatives-Heaney and the other guy [Bullivant?] frankly didn't set the pulse racing but nonetheless they did exist for better or worse.By far the most disturbing aspect of the whole rigmarole for me though was the fact that Guilfoyle didn't even market the club on a wider basis apparently on the say so of Ridsdale-can't be bothered to dig out the details,i think an article about it was on PL20's Vital site somewhere.Who knows what alternatives may have come forth had the obvious long term strengths of the club been advertised properly? Not impressed with the role of Gulfoyles company in the matter and not surprised that they have encountered difficulties of their own.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Lord Biro wrote:

Big bellied more like. Wink Probably shouldn't have issued that insult really but i don't like sloppy,ill informed and allegedly witty smart arse comments.Clearly there were alternatives-Heaney and the other guy [Bullivant?] frankly didn't set the pulse racing but nonetheless they did exist for better or worse.By far the most disturbing aspect of the whole rigmarole for me though was the fact that Guilfoyle didn't even market the club on a wider basis apparently on the say so of Ridsdale-can't be bothered to dig out the details,i think an article about it was on PL20's Vital site somewhere.Who knows what alternatives may have come forth had the obvious long term strengths of the club been advertised properly? Not impressed with the role of Gulfoyles company in the matter and not surprised that they have encountered difficulties of their own.

No need to dig anything out, most of us here remember Guilfoyle's "having already met the future owner" speech. Even Todd came out and quoted all other viable bidders as being 'locked out' via the Herald. We'll never know the full extent of who was interested but those who say there wasn't any other interest need to be lambasted every time.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:48 pm

It's always seemed to me that Guiltyfool was acting for the benefit of Ridsdale who in turn was acting for the benefit of his fellow walker, Stapleton.

I'd heard that Heaney was a stalking horse for the old board and that they were very much interested in buying the club back from the administrator.

After all, they were the ones about to be hammered by Lombard.

It made sense then and still does now.

Regarding Mason, isn't VAT deducted before sell on percentages kick in.

Which would make any payment less than expected.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
McCauley out!!!

Okay then... Prepare to eat crow.

The P & A final report is here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look at page 10, subsection 6.15

"6.15 The joint administrators identified several interested alternative parties between August 2011 and October 2011 but all withdrew their interest after a campaign instigated by the club’s fans."

Is that official court document enough "substantial info" for you?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Probably not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 pm

And it's all gone quiet, all gone quiet, all gone quiet over there! Tm. Pie Face RIP.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:35 am

You're gonna squeal in a Brenty ambulance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 9:20 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It's always seemed to me that Guiltyfool was acting for the benefit of Ridsdale who in turn was acting for the benefit of his fellow walker, Stapleton.

I'd heard that Heaney was a stalking horse for the old board and that they were very much interested in buying the club back from the administrator.

After all, they were the ones about to be hammered by Lombard.

It made sense then and still does now.

Regarding Mason, isn't VAT deducted before sell on percentages kick in.

Which would make any payment less than expected.

Interesting angle, that.

If it had come down to a crap shoot between Brent and the old board, what would people have rathered, I wonder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 11:27 am

Well, let's just take a look at the present Board to see what's actually transpired in a roundabout way.

Wrathall and Jones are sitting at the table. Only need Stapleton to complete the picture. Doesn't look that much different. Looks like we've got Brent AND the old Board
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 1:23 pm

I'd go for Stapes rather than Brent, he's built a couple of pretty big extensions which is more than Brent has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:17 pm

I would rather have Bugs Bunny than Brent. A far cry from when he first arrived, when I tentatively welcomed him, despite his business history that has huge question marks. A close call between Brent and Todd, though.

I'm not fond of Jones at all. Stapleton would be far more welcome as a proper Argyle fan, but an eventual pre-pack is just so ethically wrong. Exhuming Michael Foot is the only answer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:30 pm

TBF to Jones, he's a real Argyle fan. A hoity toity one maybe. But a real one, nonetheless.

Brent on the other hand, is a speculating predator who thought he'd chanced upon a money making opportunity. Saving Argyle was an inconsequential inconvenience for him. His eye was firmly on the bigger picture. But he fecked that up too.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Agree with that Czarks although Jones is a fan who has sniffed the potential at Argyle and doesnt want to miss out after all these years. Im not a fan of his.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: