Greenskin
Elias
Nick
downthetrack
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

I see Joe Mason - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm

lol! You know us too well GG, but until the fat controller and his bitches admit a few facts then we will have to keep pointing it out to them. Brent was not the only bidder FACT!
It's depressing to see what we sold those players for, it's a toss whether the new world order or the administrators did more damage to Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm

i never realise how little Bolasie went for :O absolute piss take
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Bollox theres No add on clause if i can remember that piece of crap rinsdale was selling every thing for cash at the time..lining his own pocket to the region of at least 50k he earnt during admin
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
lol! You know us too well GG, but until the fat controller and his bitches admit a few facts then we will have to keep pointing it out to them. Brent was not the only bidder FACT!
It's depressing to see what we sold those players for, it's a toss whether the new world order or the administrators did more damage to Argyle.
Fact ! So who were they then?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:07 pm

tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Yes, 'fact'.

The potential investors were not named in Brenda's final P&A report but they were mentioned as being scared off by the reaction of some Argyle fans.  

It doesn't take a genius to work out who those fans might be...
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Rickler wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Yes, 'fact'.

The potential investors were not named in Brenda's final P&A report but they were mentioned as being scared off by the reaction of some Argyle fans.  

That's true Ricks, there were in fact two other interested parties, one was more interested than the other and had some serious money available. There were some very nasty things going on at the time, it certainly was a case of let's get Brent in at any cost by so-called Argyle 'fans' (I use the word advisedly)

Not the proudest chapter in our history I'm afraid, and yet another missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Also a FACT Brents first bid was turned down flat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm

joe mason has signed for wolves so time will tell if we actually do after all get some cash from it.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Angry wrote:
joe mason has signed for wolves  so time will tell if we actually do after all get some cash from it.
If we do get any cash from Joe Mason,all i know is it wont be spent on the ground pitch or squad. probably go towards paying off the debt or buying some magic beans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:37 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
joe mason has signed for wolves  so time will tell if we actually do after all get some cash from it.
If we do get any cash from Joe Mason,all i know is it wont be spent on the ground pitch or squad. probably go towards paying off the debt or buying some magic beans.
Or perhaps a new scarf. popcorn
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Fact!!!! So who were they then ?? Without names or more substantial info this fact is not a fact!
McCauley out!!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Angry wrote:

Cash will arrive next season.....jam tomorrow cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 pm

PLYMOUTH-born former Argyle striker Joe Mason has completed his transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers from Championship rivals Cardiff City.

The 24-year-old has signed a contract with Wolves until the summer of 2019, and it means a cash windfall for the Pilgrims.

Although the fee for Mason has not been disclosed it has been reported to be in the region of £3 million.

When Argyle sold Mason to Cardiff in the summer of 2011, at the height of their financial crisis, part of the £250,000 package included a sell-on clause thought to be around 15 per cent.

If that right, that worth £450,000
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Tgwu wrote:
PLYMOUTH-born former Argyle striker Joe Mason has completed his transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers from Championship rivals Cardiff City.

The 24-year-old has signed a contract with Wolves until the summer of 2019, and it means a cash windfall for the Pilgrims.

Although the fee for Mason has not been disclosed it has been reported to be in the region of £3 million.

When Argyle sold Mason to Cardiff in the summer of 2011, at the height of their financial crisis, part of the £250,000 package included a sell-on clause thought to be around 15 per cent.

If that right, that worth £450,000

If all of that is true then 15% of £3m is a cool £450k.

If you add on the increase in matchday revenue (average crowd last season 7693; ave so far this season 8860) then the balance sheet at Home Park must be looking very good indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:30 pm

tigertony wrote:
Fact!!!! So who were they then ?? Without names or more substantial info this fact is not a fact!
McCauley out!!!

What a tosser.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:42 pm

tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Hassam al Rafoui
Berhard Weissburger and partners
Mikhail Borsovich

But you didn't hear it from me.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm

If there's any truth in this (which the cynic in me doubts) then there had better be a rewriting of history about Peter Ridsdale's role.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 1:30 am

Greenskin wrote:
tigertony wrote:
McCauley out!!!

What a tosser.
If the best you can do is hurl abuse then I suggest that indicates you are stuck in a corner with no answer. But, thinking about it, you are often stuck in a corner wearing a pointed hat with a massive 'D' on. Grow up a bit or you'll find big school hard work. laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 6:46 am

Rickler wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Yes, 'fact'.

Are you guys seriously suggesting that so called Superfans (and wont name on this occasion) scared off investors to potentially elevate their own status under Brent.....??  Its quite a strong accusation ??
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:02 am

Is anybody suggesting that?

What is being stated, is that there were other interested bidders. This is not speculation. This was stated in an official court document. Do you think the filer of that document would lie?

Why would he? The penalty for doing so would be monstrous!

Just think about that for a moment...
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 am

To bring the thread back on track, this is what Cardiff forum is saying

No sell on clause, and we only paid £150k and this is from the final progress report from the administrators

The administrators for Plymouth Argyle have published their Final Progress Report.

P & A Partnership of Sheffield were appointed administrators of Argyle on March 4th 2011, with Brendan Guilfoyle (pictured above) taking the role of Lead Administrator, assisted by Christopher White and John Russell.

The key points of the report are as follows:

The purpose of the administration process was to procure a sale of the Company's business and assets with a view to achieving a better result for the Company's creditors as a whole than would be likely if the Company were wound up.

To compete in the Football League Argyle must hold a 'Golden Share' and to remain a member the club had to exit administration through a Company Voluntary Arrangement with the share passed to a new owner or company.

With the transfer window closed the administrator was unable to raise funds through player sales and secure future trading but was able to transfer some club scholars and receive a compensation payment.

The administrators identified that the football club had insufficient funds to trade on a day-to-day basis and could only continue trading after agreeing wage deferrals with all staff and players.

There were two 100% wage deferrals for March and April, staff and players received 100% of wages for May, 50% for June, 24% for July and 52% of September's salaries. (No figure is published on the report for August).

Hart Sport & Media football agents were instructed to market players; Jack Stephens was sold to Southampton for £150,000 with a 10% sell-on clause and with the summer transfer window now open in May Hart Sport negotiated the sales of Joe Mason to Cardiff City for £150,000 and Yannick Bolasie to Bristol City for £20,000.

Another club scholar, Lloyd Jones, was sold to Liverpool for £20,000.

The club received £150,000 from QPR and £30,000 from Brighton for promotion bonuses due from two historic transfers.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:01 am

That is same report that was in Beeb link.

Although everyone has read it that there was only one sell on clause the 'erald are pretty sure that PAFC think there is one.

Would be nice if there are ones for Jack Stephens and LLoyd Jones as well or more add-ons based on appearances / international honours in second case.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:11 am

On Pasoti Green Sam rightly highlights that there is still debt in the form of JB's loans, Wrathall and the income from the GT's. He then states that any of this can be written off.

Whilst I accept that is the case with regards to JB and Wrathall can the GT's legally write off this debt?

Wouldn't that in effect mean that all the fundraising has done nothing but ensure Brent gets a more profitable deal?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:17 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
On Pasoti Green Sam rightly highlights that there is still debt in the form of JB's loans, Wrathall and the income from the GT's. He then states that any of this can be written off.

Whilst I accept that is the case with regards to JB and Wrathall can the GT's legally write off this debt?

Wouldn't that in effect mean that all the fundraising has done nothing but ensure Brent gets a more profitable deal?
My understanding of the situation is that as the GTs are not a charity, it could legally be done.

I offer no speculation as to whether such a thing is likely- mainly because I haven't got a clue. But my understanding is that it could in theory be done. If I'm wrong on that I'm happy to be put right, but it's my understanding.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:47 am

GreenSam wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

My understanding of the situation is that as the GTs are not a charity, it could legally be done.

I offer no speculation as to whether such a thing is likely- mainly because I haven't got a clue. But my understanding is that it could in theory be done. If I'm wrong on that I'm happy to be put right, but it's my understanding.

Wasn't it discussed that there is an issue with HMRC with a lot of the GT's payments being to fund "wages" to the unpaid of administration?

The £1.6M balloon payment is the other area this could help with. The last woolly statement was that approx 2/3rds of creditors had taken up option of accepting 1/2 payment early from PCC loan of £800K @ 0.9%APR for 5 yrs. It hasn't been clarified what values this equates to but best case is that £1.1M was cleared by £550K payment. (This leaves £250K which should have been repaid to PCC as it was stated the loan's only use was for accelerated payment of balloon).

The £500K (best case) remaining is almost covered by Joe's sell on. If James and PCC have changed the condition of loan so excess £250K can be used PAFC should be clear except for the PCC 5yr repayment plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I see Joe Mason   I see Joe Mason - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I see Joe Mason
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: