shonbo
Dougie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nick

Nick

How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

Damn, late to the party highlighting that quote

albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:27 am

Bodmin Tew wrote:
Freathy wrote:
We're in as deep shit now as we were when we were in adminstration. We have not been saved at all.

How the hell do you work that one out? We would be liquidated now without Brent, approve of his plans or not. As it happens we stand an evens chance of staying in the FL next season. I take it that if a couple of changes/additions are made in January and that we stay up you will offer an unqualified apology to Mr Brent?

Ok so Freathy isn't the most optimistic of chaps to say the least, but to say we stand an evens chance of staying in the League is definitely green-tinted. We are rooted to the bottom of the League, 92nd out of 92, and no signings on the horizon, and Chris is now changing tack and saying that because of the wage cap, we will need to send back a loanee or two, or sell someone to be able to bring in any new faces. So we weaken the squad in order to sign who exactly?

It looks to me as though we are pretty much stuck with what we already have, bar maybe one or two new faces, as long as we ship one or two out.

Fletcher has had quite a while to mould his team now so I don't see how we are suddenly going to improve. We've got a bunch of games coming up against teams like Crawley, Southend and Burton Albion, all either in promotion spots or just off the play-offs. If we lose these 3 games, which is likely on current form, we would need promotion like form to stay up.

I know Chris Webb is offering evens on us staying up, but test his resolve and offer £1,000 bet, you can lay it off and guarantee a profit, I'm not sure he would be so confident to take the bet unless he knows something we don't, and if he does, why not tell us to lift our spirits? Obviously it would need to be on Pasoti as he has decided this site is not worthy of news from the Club President anymore.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 am

I get the feeling Chris knows a fair bit- but for obvious reasons isn't going to shout it from the rooftops on pasoti. Without Risdale, who else would be advising Brent- Jones, Webb, Newell?

On Argyle iggy's pbay thread about the silence is deafening, Newell states-

Quote :
A man after my own heart.

I don't quite the need the know the ins and outs of a gnats arse.

Imagine Iggy in Sainsbury's. Excuse me, that girl there, in the checkout, has she had her Health and Safety refresher in the last 12 months?

Only thing is, he does know the information behind the scenes, because its coming from his best mate, the President- this is shown by nool's wage cap thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 am

I (as the name suggests) started the thread on Pbay ( Very Happy ) I am now even more of a troll, doom monger, loose cannon, ect. ect. I have been re-named "GaryIggy" by porkie (what evr the fook that means) and have been told that I probably check whether the checkout girl in Tesco's is up to date on her health and safety! Predictably I have also been asked where I was during the last ten month's.
The whole point of that post was to high light my concerns that time is running out and do we have any plans to counter our position in the FL? Also the most communicative football club in the whole history of, well just in history, has been really quiet. I think that I have really pissed off webby and newell because I have ruined their mid January party where JB could appear and be intelligent, morally stable, not the kind of guy to do failiure ect. ect. make a few statements about the type of targets we are after, follow a week or two of back slapping and merriment about the fabulous fans fest and come the end of Jan. we find ourselves 10 or 12 points adrift and it's too late to do anything about it.
Try and raise my concerns on the other side and I get some agreement from a few other trolls like me and get told that at least we have a club with staff getting paid! Where do you think these staff will be getting paid from when we are in the BSP? Relegation will be a disaster (not all Brent's fault and I am still a fan of the bloke btw) and it needs dealing with now, not next week, not next month, now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 am

Peggy wrote:
Not that I've followed every word over there (there is life away from football), but have I read this right?

Quote :
the staff have been through hell and have accepted tight repayment scheduled - imagine how they would feel if James Brent was to pull out an extra £2m for new investment - not exactly morally right

Is the president really saying that one of the reasons we won't sign anybody else is because it might upset the staff?

I'm going to do my thinking aloud on this site for now, as trying to get straight answers on pasoti at the moment is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.

We were continually told that the staff worked for nowt because they wanted the club to survive; they were fans as well as employees. That seems to be self-evidently true. So why now would they all be up in arms at the thought of players (or a new Manager/DOF/Consultant) coming in to try and keep the club out of non-league obscurity?

Also, I wonder if the staff would be more upset by the redundancies that would inevitably follow relegation to the BSP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Not that I've followed every word over there (there is life away from football), but have I read this right?

Quote :
the staff have been through hell and have accepted tight repayment scheduled - imagine how they would feel if James Brent was to pull out an extra £2m for new investment - not exactly morally right

Is the president really saying that one of the reasons we won't sign anybody else is because it might upset the staff?

I'm going to do my thinking aloud on this site for now, as trying to get straight answers on pasoti at the moment is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.

We were continually told that the staff worked for nowt because they wanted the club to survive; they were fans as well as employees. That seems to be self-evidently true. So why now would they all be up in arms at the thought of players (or a new Manager/DOF/Consultant) coming in to try and keep the club out of non-league obscurity?

Also, I wonder if the staff would be more upset by the redundancies that would inevitably follow relegation to the BSP?

That hits the nail on the head, rather than the nail in the jelly, and you are so right Andy, the staff should have been paid up in full as soon as Brent took over anyway, but I'm pretty sure that they would understand that unless funds are pumped into the team right now, there's a very very good chance we will go down and some of them will lose there jobs. Maybe Chris is playing it all cagey until Saturday so that Brent can make some big announcement which will satisfy people, but if he isn't the dissenting voices will get louder and louder, more threads will need to be moved, more posts deleted and more people banned for not being praaaaaaaaaaaaper faaaaans.

ATD's membership is about to soar methinks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 am

I'd imagine most if not all the staff are supporters of Argyle. So i'd imagine they would all be pretty pleased in some on field investment which retains league status and means they keep their jobs!

I see he's getting a bit more defensive on pbay now just like he was on here.

Nevermind though, we've got a new flag saturday that'll keep us in the league.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 am

The thing is information is being released by James Brent's mouthpiece (and good mate) with help from some other camp followers but when they provoke an adverse reaction they are followed the next day by other contradictory snippets. To be honest the Pres is tying himself up in knots and is just not in the same league as The Riddler when it comes to massaging the masses.

The question I intend asking of James Brent on Saturday is quite simple and, I think, is what most would ask (so somebody will probably beat me to it, in fact Webby will probably read this and start the meeting by asking it himself as the first question).

"What concrete actions are you going to take to ensure this club does not suffer it's third consecutive relegation and exit the Football League?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 am

You knwo what they say ... Knowledge is power. And power corrupts.

(Mods: can we have a too clever by half smiley, please?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 am

I'm still very much under the impression that our beloved owner doesn't really want anything to do with running the club. He doesn't 'get it' at all, what he gets is the bits of the Home Park land we wants and the freedom to build whatever he wants there, vis-a-vis the threat of no PAFC.

As to whether the staff might be 'upset' by further investment, that is cock and bull for reasons that have been adequately explained elsewhere, where does he get the mandate to speak on behalf of the staff I wonder? I wonder how they would feel if they were to see Mastpoints repayment package though, not that they or we ever will.

Can anyone outline, what his job description actually is, because it seems to change daily depending on whether he is being asked an awkward question not to mention the curveball of posting as 'Chris Webb' or 'Mr President'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:28 am

All may be revealed on Saturday in the meeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 am

Bogsider wrote:
I'm still very much under the impression that our beloved owner doesn't really want anything to do with running the club. He doesn't 'get it' at all, what he gets is the bits of the Home Park land we wants and the freedom to build whatever he wants there, vis-a-vis the threat of no PAFC.

As to whether the staff might be 'upset' by further investment, that is cock and bull for reasons that have been adequately explained elsewhere, where does he get the mandate to speak on behalf of the staff I wonder? I wonder how they would feel if they were to see Mastpoints repayment package though, not that they or we ever will.

Can anyone outline, what his job description actually is, because it seems to change daily depending on whether he is being asked an awkward question not to mention the curveball of posting as 'Chris Webb' or 'Mr President'.

his a reluctant owner he has said himself many times. He is here to bump up his portfolio and property development. Soon as its done the club will be sold no question about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

Phenom wrote:
Bogsider wrote:

his a reluctant owner he has said himself many times. He is here to bump up his portfolio and property development. Soon as its done the club will be sold no question about it.

To be fair, he has said a "reluctant bidder, but NOT a reluctant owner" but the rest of your post is correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much Does The President Know?   How Much Does The President Know? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How Much Does The President Know?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2