AstiSpumante
Greenskin
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge

Man in the middle James Adcock GAMES 28 YELLOW 61 REDS 8

The only game he refereed us was Plymouth 2 – 2 Oxford No cards

Assisted by Kevin Morris and Timothy Wood

Fourth Official Andrew Turner

ARGYLE NEWS

Carl McHugh and Reuben Reid will miss the visit of Dagenham and Redbridge on Saturday.
The pair both had to be substituted on Tuesday.
Derek Adams said: "They are having scans, hopefully this week, to assess the damage. Both of them are very unlikely for Saturday.  Reid has suffered the recurrence of a thigh injury and McHugh with his hamstring trouble.

Need a big surge in tickets sells to have a bumper crowd.

Dagenham and Redbridge  news

FOOD & DRINK at Plymouth

Plymouth City Centre is around a 15 minute walk from Home Park and contains a variety of food and drink establishments. This is includes but is not limited to, fast food outlets, chain restaurants and a variety of other cuisine. In terms of pubs, the Brittania is a sizeable JD Wetherspoons outlet listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and located around a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Away supporters are welcome, but will be asked to leave if they start singing football chants or songs. Other pubs towards the city centre include, The Union Rooms, The Gog and Magog and the Mannamead.

The supporters club will be running a coach to this fixture at a cost of £25 for members and £30 for non-members. It will depart Victoria Road at 7am and will make a 45 minute service stop en-route

Dagenham & Redbridge’s fateed was finally sealed on Saturday as a 3-2 defeat at Leyton Orient, couple with a win for Stevenage, sent the club back to into non-league football.

Those results meant Daggers could no longer scramble to safety and secure a what would have been a landmark 10th season in the Football League.

In tight games, the Victoria Road club appeared seemingly unable to see things out, with thoughts immediately turning to the Plymouth Argyle clash. Daggers were 30 seconds from a first home win in November before Ryan Brunt’s stoppage-time equaliser.

And it’s games like those that leave Labadie particularly sad as to how the season has gone, knowing it could have been the start of a great run.

“It’s been a whole season of ‘what ifs’, it’s such a shame. We have to dust ourselves down, we can’t feel sorry for ourselves, and go again,” he added.

With just pride left to play for, there is hope that Labadie and his team-mates may give the fans something to cheer before the end of the season.

COACH Darren Currie questioned the commitment of Dagenham and Redbridge's players in the 2-0 home defeat by AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday.

The Daggers have lost seven of the last eight games and their relegation from League Two was confirmed when they were beaten 3-2 at Leyton Orient last weekend.

Currie, and manager John Still, will hope for a reaction from the Dagenham players after his hard-hitting criticism of them following the defeat by Wimbledon when they take on Plymouth Argyle at Home Park on Saturday.

The former Pilgrims' midfielder said: "At some point, a little bit of pride and passion has got to kick in and it has got to be hurting inside.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Cruise for the pressure free Daggers;

Argyle 0 Daggers 2
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 pm

Dagenham & Redbridge Diary

Her Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. I just cried.He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. I cuddled him closely and at first he pushed my arm away but I managed eventually to arouse him and we made love. He didn't really seem into it but he kissed me before he rolled over and said everything would be OK.

His Diary:

Feckin Dagenham and Redbridge got relegated ! Total wankers! Got a shag though!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 pm

BRING ON THE NOISE

HOME Park is getting itself ready to feel the noise.

Work is going on to ensure that Derek Adams and his promotion chasing Pilgrims are encouraged by the noisiest incarnation of the Green Army yet as Argyle meet Dagenham & Redbridge this Saturday.

We have all witnessed what impact a galvanised Green Army has on the Theatre of Greens, and with two of Argyle’s three vital games remaining to be staged at home, raising the decibel level could help to achieve our ultimate goal: promotion.

A group of supporters on social networking sites are rousing the Green Army into creating a 90-minute ‘Wall of Noise’ on Saturday as the clubs seeks to unite as one and drive Derek and the lads over the line to promotion, while we are delighted to welcome the Sturminster Newton High School Samba Band to the fixture.

The band was formed around 15 years ago and are led by Argyle fan Andy Clarke, the school's head of music. Many children at the school have performed with the band.

The music department at the school is very strong and runs many extracurricular activities, including one of the largest school choirs in the south with more than 85 members.

Manager Derek Adams is a well-known champion of the support given to him and the lads by the Green Army, home and away, and is content knowing they will be squarely behind them on Saturday.

A crowd in excess of 10,000 is anticipated against Dagenham, and it follows 2,400 Pilgrims travelling to Portsmouth last weekend, and over 1,000 at Leyton Orient on Tuesday – two games both won by Argyle.

Derek said: “We’ve been very good, home and away. Our records are nearly identical home and away. We’ve been able to put in impressive away form. When I came here as manager I did say we had to improve our away form, we’ve been able to do that. Now we’re at home and we’ll have 10,000+ on Saturday that will give their full backing to the team.

“At home the fans are very vocal; that will help us on Saturday. When they are vocal – singing and chanting the players’ names – then that can help us.

“They’ve helped us throughout the season. They’ve traveled in big numbers of the season away from where we’ve had an average of over 1,000 fans. They’ve been terrific.

“The last time we went to Leyton Orient there were 400 away fans. That was a good number of years ago. The fans are really supportive on our travels. It was a great turnout on a Tuesday night. They haven’t got back until the early hours of the morning and were very vocal during the game.”

Argyle midfielder Graham Carey was wowed by the following that backed Argyle to victory last week, and is confident that he and players can do what it takes to reward everyone in green and white.

Regarding the 1,000+ average on the road, Graham said: “It sounds like 2-3,000 at times. It just shows the size the club, and shows that we are doing well – the fans want to come out and enjoy seeing us play.

“It is down to us now to repay the faith they have shown us this season by finishing the job off.

“We know it is going to be tough but if the fans stick with us, as they have over the last two games, especially, we can push on together. Hopefully, that will be the case

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Dagenham & Redbridge Diary

Her Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. I just cried.He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. I cuddled him closely and at first he pushed my arm away but I managed eventually to arouse him and we made love. He didn't really seem into it but he kissed me before he rolled over and said everything would be OK.

His Diary:

Feckin Dagenham and Redbridge got relegated ! Total wankers! Got a shag though!

All of that strikes a chord, just one thing though, just what is a shag ?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:47 pm

A type of bird ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:52 pm

Ah right, or I've just remembered as well it's an old Navy term for tobacco, good old Navy Shag was very popular on board ship, I expect the Tiger would remember that
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Take your pick

1 Shags are goose-sized dark long-necked birds

2 A carpet or rug with a long, rough pile

3 Shag, also known as rolling tobacco, loose tobacco, baccy and rollies is fine-cut tobacco

4 Shag" is still often the preferred term among women who are very keen on "shagging", very much enjoy shagging men (and/or women) and getting shagged .
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:05 am

Even if we win tomorrow....

Oxford v Hartlepool - certain home win
Accy v York - certain home win

Then next up it's a certain defeat away to Premier League team in disguise Cambridge Utd.

Season is well and truly over

Brent out

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 8:06 am

Taking both kids with me tomorrow. Emma is well up for it.
They better get in some extra sweets in the refreshment kiosk.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 8:51 am

Freathy wrote:
Even if we win tomorrow....

Oxford v Hartlepool - certain home win
Accy v York - certain home win

Then next up it's a certain defeat away to Premier League team in disguise Cambridge Utd.

Season is well and truly over

Brent out

.........and yet nobody expected Bristol Rovers and Oxford to drop points Tuesdays. These are professional players not only playing for pride but new contracts as well. By the same token the Daggers will be in the same position tomorrow
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Am going for a 1-0 or 2-1 victory with 13,124 Gate
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:24 pm

I'd be amazed if that many roll up harv, hope so though, I'm going Very Happy jocolor
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:40 pm

I reckon about 11,000. I shall also be demanding to see at least a dozen 2015/16 ticket stubs before allowing any plastics to take any vacant seats in our vicinity. Razz
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I'd be amazed if that many roll up harv, hope so though, I'm going Very Happy jocolor

Heaving up Box Office........13,000 its a Done Deal  chickendance
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Daggers are 17/2 to win the Game with 7/2 the Draw with William Hill. I'm inclined to put a Tenner on both and be completely happy to lose it all.
On the half chance we misfire a few bob compensation   cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm

The result is not a done deal, relegation/relegated teams can be dangerous at any time, be good for us if shitty beat the gas tomorrow wouldn't it?
Seems a bit strange hoping Exeter may win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:44 pm

big win tomorrow please with an important clean sheet too. No room for error here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:50 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Daggers are 17/2 to win the Game with 7/2 the Draw with William Hill. I'm inclined to put a Tenner on both and be completely happy to lose it all.

I used to do that a lot many moons ago, bet against Argyle. More often than not the silver lining of a cash windfall softened the blow of losing.

Before the horseshoe went up, there was a Ladbrokes booth at the bottom of the Lyndhurst ramp for a while. Argyle were going through a phase of being shit up front, but a decent defence. I used to do a tenner on 0-0 at 8/1. Was well in profit for quite a sustained period IIRC.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Dagenham +1 wn maybe to your liking ?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Argyle should win this game, and at a canter too.

Anything less than five goals for Argyle and i will be disappointed.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Put it this way..whatever happens we cant afford to lose this one thats foreshore
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:36 pm

The fans are buying tickets for tomorrow game, 10,105, away fan 251
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 5:40 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Argyle should win this game, and at a canter too.

Anything less than five goals for Argyle and i will be disappointed.

Incredibly village Village, 3 points are all that matter. If we score 5 it'll be a bonus but nothing to be disappointed about if we don't.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Sky bet

Dagenham and Redbridge have lost four games on the bounce and face a daunting trip to fourth-placed Plymouth for which they are 7/1 chances with Sky Bet.

The visitors did manage to get a 1-1 draw when the pair clashed earlier in the season and a repeat of that outcome is on offer at 7/1.

Any kind of stalemate can be backed at 18/5 with the hosts a red-hot 2/5 to pick up three points as they try and push themselves back into the automatic promotion places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next