Greenskin
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:12 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Today is not JB's fault. Those players were all pathetic and the management could not tactically beat the team who are so far adrift its further than Crusoe went. Those players had the ability to beat the bottom team but today just didn't bother. JB this and JB that is a load of rollocks today. Those players beat Pompey and Orient away then bottled it against Daggers. Its their fault today with DA and his coaches. Rant  Rant
Horrible and pathetic

Bollocks, big hairy ones at that, threadbare squad does what threadbare squads usually do. You were all warned about this at the start of season , at Crimbo, end of January and now it has come to pass. "We won't lose top spot" you cried at Crimbo, well still go up second or third we were told in Jan and now you've been proved wrong its Adams and the players fault.
Brent employs the pathetic players and management, also Hilarious Tone, told us with Jimmy's quality January loan signings argyle would be promoted with games to spare?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Tone was talking bollocks then , we all knew it. Now its proven.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:21 pm

Un-feckin-believable. Well, actually it's not, it's absolutely typical of our season post Christmas.

When we didn't strengthen, remember?

The squad is simply not strong enough to cope with injuries to key players.

Still Brent will be rubbing his hands together, another season of austerity in L2.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:25 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Un-feckin-believable. Well, actually it's not, it's absolutely typical of our season post Christmas.

When we didn't strengthen, remember?

The squad is simply not strong enough to cope with injuries to key players.

Still Brent will be rubbing his hands together, another season of austerity in L2.
A couple of play off games should top up the "Good things for Jimmy fund"... deep joy. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:36 pm

REPEAT AFTER TIGER: this business and it's performance has nothing to do with the owner whatsoever. It is all down to the shop floor.

Can't wait for Simon to turn up at the play off semi with his American pearls of football wisdom tinged with a bit of Plymouth college rugger talk. He's already impressed with the well run Brent austerity, you know. We're going to love his input, and his take outs.
I've heard he's coming with a rather large tape measure and theodolite.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:41 pm

Probably the most miserable time in the Bookies ever having just picked up a winning Bet......feck me we've blown it now with by looks of it Pompey in Play offs and cant see them fecking up again against us.... :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Reuben is bound to return fit and raring to go with a play off date with Pompey jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Sir Jimmy should piss off up to Accrington with a tube of Savlon and ask their Chairman how the feck he does it on Gates of 2,000....
Twat was told how many times in January bolster the squad but did jack shight and look where we are now
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Probably the most miserable time in the Bookies ever having just picked up a winning Bet......feck me we've blown it now with by looks of it Pompey in Play offs and cant see them fecking up again against us.... :Suicide:

My calculations conclude youve won £150 on two games
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Mr Brent has bolstered his pension fund.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I cant handle another day on the piss in Pompey, it feks me right up...im too old for all this  nonsense Sulk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Watching that match you would have struggled to believe that it was us on the verge of promotion and not Dag & Red who were relegated and just see9ing out the remaining fixtures to save a little pride it was very much roles reversed.

First half was text book errors that confirmed the belief that Argyle do not practise defending set pieces or shooting at the target practise in training either.
McCormick seriously needs stiff competition for his place next season and a goalkeeping coach who knows what he is doing as he is going to shit lately and it has cost us points. His organizing of the set pieces that lead to two of the tree goals was shambolic as was the defending off them. the 2nd goal was a good goal it has to be said. We were totally out played and we didnt seem to care.
I never want to see Mellor in an Argyle shirt again and I am convince Purrington is better suited for Truro than us he seem so out of his depth today.

Second half we perked up with the introduction of Tanner and a change of formation yet we still only had Matt on his own upfront we went at them with nothing to show for it really as the targeting of crosses and shots at goal were appalling. All hhuff and puff and no blow for the effort.
I thought when Harvey came on not that i thought he would win us the game that we would stick him up front as Boateng got taken off but it was like for like,
Harvey had one shot and that was it really it for his last ditch attempt to earn a new contract in the summer. i think he had a small role in Carey's goal but not enough to warrant any interest in seeing him stay next season.
Hartey's header lifted the ground but you never got the feeling really we would pull of a miracle and score another 3 for the win or 2 for a draw even with the crowd singing as if we were winning same when carey scored the second.

overall dag n red deserved the 3 points sadly they to their credit at least still played for the fans and for pride and not just turn up and go through the motions as they are already down like Aston Villa players have been doing.
Automatics are officially dead for us we only have ourselves to blame for that you can only get given so many get out of jail free cards before they run out of them. playoffs i am dreading in truth we simply dont have a strong enough squad to cope with the pressure.

Brent has a hell of alot to answer for in terms of how badly we have fallen since January amongst many other things far too many to mention, but will he ever get asked wtf is going on from fans? of course not! they are just happy they have a club to support in league 2 as was evident when they clapped the players off the pitch!!! not something a team who fecked up automatic promotion chances again by losing to the team already relegated from league 2 and were completely out played by in the 1st half but that's just me.

Whether its a popular opinion on here or not Del Bhey is not absolved of his share of the fault as to how and why our season has been on a downward spiral since January nor are the players either. Its wrong to protect them purely due to the hatred of the chairman. Brent is the main antagonist in this of course but lets not be gloss over others and their roles in this rather alarming downfall.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:24 pm

I was trying to say that the performance today was the players fault. I will eat humble and admit that my green tinted glasses went into overdrive when we were top and, yes, we should be able to cope with 2 or 3 players being out. I'm not burning my scarf yet but I do have a new phone that is bright.
Talking of overdrive though - I'm eyeing an MGB - is overdrive like afterburner (I'm more used to that - well used to be lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Yep this hastily cobbled together squad of old horses playing through injury with no contract past the summer augememted by a sprinkling of loanees should be killing this league.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Unlike some I didn't think this would be a stroll in the park but I did fancy us to nick the 3 points. Obviously daggers are playing without too much pressure on them but that doesn't explain our shambolic display, especially in the first half. We had so much possession and half chances but were totally toothless. Wylde, Jervis in fact just about everyone was poor, nervous. Can't they handle the expectation of a fairly large home crowd ? The atmosphere was awful and when we went three down there were blokes all around me in the Lyndy steaming to the front to berate the players (justifiably so IMO). Same old Argo FFS.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 8:50 pm

I am disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 9:11 pm

How are they gonna handle the cameras and playoff games ? Another battering coming up this time at the hands of fa cup steelers.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
I am disappointed.

Because we didn't win?
Or
Because we scored less than 5?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:43 am

Elias wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

My calculations conclude youve won £150 on two games

Indeed but would have been delighted to lose yesterdays bet....... Still cant believe we cocked it up. No way would Adams have let the players take a win for granted. I think by playing only 1 up top he was looking to ensure we didn't actually get sucker punched and relied on out scoring them on the day. What Lukey Boy was doing on Goals 1 and 3 only he knows
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Yep this hastily cobbled together squad of old horses playing through injury with no contract past the summer augememted by a sprinkling of loanees should be killing this league.

brent's blundering continues............................
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Elias wrote:
Tone was talking bollocks then , we all knew it. Now its proven.

Feck me deluded tony still doesn't get it, i doubt he ever will!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:59 pm

There are posts everywhere blaming JB and lack of investment etc etc and even as a diehard green tinted fan of 50+ years I am leaning towards the arguement that we should have a bigger squad of players who are ALL of the required standard for Lge 2 promotion. Injuries prior to Xmas and recently have shown clearly that we have 11 - 12 players who fall into that category with the rest no better than average Lge 2 journeymen or non-affiliated loanees who want match practice to ensure they are ready to sell their bodies in the summer. You do not get promotion with average Lge 2 journeymen and loanees. HOWEVER, the 11 on the pitch at the start of the game yesterday should have been capable of beating Daggers no matter who was on the bench and no matter how much budget we had or didn't have. They failed so badly it is hard to even think about. They should be ashamed of themselves. I feel worse than after losing to Excretia few weeks back.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 3:21 pm

To be perfectly truthful, i do have some sympathy with Old Tone on this one, notwithstanding the issues about Brent and the size of the squad etc. There is a lot of crap flying about on PASOTI about tactics and the fact that Argyle didn't start with two up front. Now I ask you-how the feck can that be any reason why defenders and a goalkeeper who, prior to the last 5 games or so had been among the most solid units in the division, were unable to do simple things like defending two high balls into the box or carrying out a basic marking job on an opponent twenty yards from goal? The plain truth is that yesterday was nothing to do with tactics or Brent, it was to do with lack of concentration and maybe even complacency. All Argyle had to do yesterday was to keep a clean sheet and the points would have been In the bag and there was absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have done so with the ability in the team. Having said that,I'm beginning to have severe doubts about Luke on crosses-he definitely isn't as commanding as in previous days but his was one position which most people would have regarded as well competent at the start of the season. It could be argued that competition should have been in place from the start of the season but his form actually seems to have dipped alarmingly since the French guy was brought in and has cost Argyle crucial points against Oxford, Exeter and Dagenham. Big problem and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a change next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 3:54 pm

How does a player like Luke turn crap after all these years? One of the best in the division if not the best. Personally I think Adams needs to get down to defenders are us in the summer sharpish. I can't argue with you skinny as I've not seen nearly as many games as you this season but even when we were top our goal difference wasn't too good suggesting we let too many goals in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 4:03 pm

luke needs decent competition/replacement option like he had with Larrieu and a coach who knows what he is doing for next season.

If that doesnt motivate him to return to the old Luke of old i dont know what will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread   Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Dagenham & Redbridge Match Day Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next