Freathy
Greengiant
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greengiant

Greengiant

The anti-brent feeling Empty
PostSubject: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 pm

I understand many of you don't trust brent due to who he has associated himself with and lots of messages saying brent out have appeared on here, i was just wondering does anyone actually know of anyone or any groups of people that could step up and take his place?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 pm

A steaming pile of dogshit would make a better owner than brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Freathy wrote:
freathy i think you're starting to soften towards the speccy messiah lol!
Back to top Go down
Greengiant

Greengiant

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Freathy wrote:
Just to flame the debate is this answer because you have no one in mind to replace him???
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sadly though it wouldn't have loaned us the money he has.

I'm all for listening to arguments if there's an alternative- don't get me wrong I'm far from someone who thinks he's done a good job but who is there to replace him? That's a far more relevant argument than it is with a manager as with a manager you can just appoint a new one. He doesn't have to take on millions worth of debt and unless he's prepared to pay it off his own back (and sadly as much as I'd love to be proved wrong, I don't think we'll find THAT businessman this side of the moon) then his business model is no different to Brent's.

The opening post is a fair one- who could step up with a better business model and the money where his mouth is?
Back to top Go down
Greengiant

Greengiant

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:34 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Sadly though it wouldn't have loaned us the money he has.

I'm all for listening to arguments if there's an alternative- don't get me wrong I'm far from someone who thinks he's done a good job but who is there to replace him? That's a far more relevant argument than it is with a manager as with a manager you can just appoint a new one. He doesn't have to take on millions worth of debt and unless he's prepared to pay it off his own back (and sadly as much as I'd love to be proved wrong, I don't think we'll find THAT businessman this side of the moon) then his business model is no different to Brent's.

The opening post is a fair one- who could step up with a better business model and the money where his mouth is?
I mirror your thoughts Sam, so far I see no improvement but as i opened with 'who else is there?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 pm

put the club up for sale and lets see who is out there. If you dont open the door you cant come in
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Yep- I'm all for arguments which say 'Brent do this differently' or 'Brent stop doing that' which is why I supported the Trust's statement of Tuesday. But for Brent out, ipso facto there has to be someone else in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:38 pm

If the club had been marketed properly in the first place we may now be in a different situation.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Sam I am totally convinced Freathy is someones Multi. I think his/her whole intention is to stir shit and cause trouble. Freathy doesnt exist as such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Yep- I'm all for arguments which say 'Brent do this differently' or 'Brent stop doing that' which is why I supported the Trust's statement of Tuesday. But for Brent out, ipso facto there has to be someone else in.

Maybe you are confusing a descriptive & demonstrative term with a factual comment?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 pm

greengenes wrote:
Sam I am totally convinced Freathy is someones Multi. I think his/her whole intention is to stir shit and cause trouble. Freathy doesnt exist as such.

Chris Webb, Ian Newell or Peter Jones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't buy this there was no alternative crap.

Potential bidders were hounded off by the digs of war and when threats were made it put potential bidders off.

In the Newell files was a copy of an email to the Pasoti mods from someone who had been harassed and threatened along with their family.

No wonder nobody else wanted to step forward if anyone attempted to stop Brent getting the club the dogs of war we're released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 pm

greengenes wrote:
freathy exists of that i'm certain, look at the league table thats how he's judging mr brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

One question - has anyone ever met Freathy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
greengenes wrote:
freathy exists of that i'm certain, look at the league table thats how he's judging mr brent.

And take a look at Freathy's record, I think you will find he's been approx. 99.97% more accurate with his predictions then you have been, GG!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

greengenes wrote:
freathy is currently on holiday in singapore.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

GOB wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Maybe you are confusing a descriptive & demonstrative term with a factual comment?
Sorry I don't understand, could you clarify? Surely you're not disagreeing there does have to be SOMEONE in?

If you're saying that there could easily be someone, I accept that there potentially could and I'm not trying to impress anything other than that as fact. I'd need to know who though before being comfortable calling for him to own the club- I wouldn't want to go 'blind date' as it were.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 pm

GOB wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
greengenes wrote:

And take a look at Freathy's record, I think you will find he's been approx. 99.97% more accurate with his predictions then you have been, GG!

Absolute bollox. I make it 99.74% .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:53 pm

I haven't got anyone particular in mind but I feel the whole Brent takeover was dodgy right from the start.

For me the club wasn't sold to potential buyers as it should've been. At the time the perception was that of a dying club under an absolute avalanche of debt with no potential for development to attract anyone who might have been able to really invest bigtime.

There are so any unanswered questions about the takeover. Who was Heaney a front for? How did Brent get the influential fans and Trust board onside so easily? Did guilfoyle deliberately undersell Argyle to make it unattractive in order for his old mucker Ridsdale to gain control for £1? What is or was the actual amount James Brent had to shell out to get the club? Why are PCC seemingly in love with James Brent and virtually giving him a licence to print money?

When all the bulldozers are done and Central Park is totally unrecognisable from the green fields it used to be, how much money will James Brent have made in total compared to how much he has had to pay out? And when those figures are known, how many possible other owners would have been interested if the true story was known all along?

So the answer to the OP now is nobody would be interested once Brent's filled his boots and there's nothing else but a crap football team with graffiti on the walls of its rented ground.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

It's interesting but the Brent takeover has left us just about wholly unsaleable. No assets to speak of. The club now own nada nothing naff all. We still have a debt hanging over from admin that will be passed onto any new owners and a business plan that relies on a yet to be built grandstand which is part of some convoluted share sale to two other directors.

The best thing would be for Brent to be open to other outside offers of help. But as he said he doesn't need the Trusts money whose money would he accept. A debt free mid table League 2 club with the crowds we've been getting would be of interest to someone I'm sure. As it is a bottom of the table side with most of its players contracts up in the summer and a manager not guaranteed to be here and looking at a season ticket fiscal cliff not so much.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Quote :

I have! He's great.

Anyway, to echo AoM I would replace your beloved brent by putting the club up for sale as I'm 100% convinced someone with class and vision is out there who realises the potential in PAFC.

Your beloved brent is pure poison and will be the death of PAFC. But as long as he makes his money that's all you brent lovers want.

Last edited by Freathy on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 pm

GreenSam wrote:
GOB wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Sorry I don't understand, could you clarify? Surely you're not disagreeing there does have to be SOMEONE in?

If you're saying that there could easily be someone, I accept that there potentially could and I'm not trying to impress anything other than that as fact. I'd need to know who though before being comfortable calling for him to own the club- I wouldn't want to go 'blind date' as it were.

In the 60s they demonstrated to have "Nixon Out" - Many had no idea who they wanted in though.

In the 70s they demonstrated to "Ban the Bomb" - Not many had a suggestion for the control of peace though.

In the 80s they demonstrated for the removal of Thatcher - Many didn't even know who the leader of the Labour Part was.

The keyword being "Demonstrate".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But to answer your question.....With the land grab that Brent is getting with the club and CP, I would imagine a purchase would be extremely popular indeed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
I have! He's great.

Anyway, to echo AoM I would replace your beloved brent by putting the club up for sale as I'm 100% convinced someone with class and vision is out there who realises the potential in PAFC.

Your beloved brent is pure poison and will be the death of PAFC. But as long as he makes his money that's all you brent lovers want.

Come on Freathy meet me for a pint. I will buy every pint you can down. Prove you exist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Greengiant wrote:
I understand many of you don't trust brent due to who he has associated himself with and lots of messages saying brent out have appeared on here, i was just wondering does anyone actually know of anyone or any groups of people that could step up and take his place?

Good question, the answer is no one as Brent has stripped the club of all its assets and left us with a squad of loanees and shit of no value to anyone else.

Walton has gone, Harvey would have gone had he not been injured. There's no chance of us building a team for the future despite us being told that the team would be built round youth.

The answer is I don't give a shit anymore. Wake me up when the club isn't infested by property developers, asset strippers, land grabbers, spotty twats with song sheets, self promoters, village idiots, deep throating Windsor boys, iddesleigh green, the Nightfly, Brian green and lee Jameson.

Other than that though I like Freathy's answer. A steaming pile of dogshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The anti-brent feeling   The anti-brent feeling Empty

Back to top Go down

The anti-brent feeling
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next