pepsipete
Greendave
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Another newbie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
The gang's too busy having a pop at dear old Chris Errington to worry about us minions!

I note the ex-CP ers are the most upset.

Bit bizarre isn't it. Its like every point has to be fought over. You have to stand shoulder to shoulder with your "real" life mates afterall. Even Jameson in there with a dig in what must have been an example of one of the biggest missing on the point ever. Then you get the insults flowing and anyone who disagrees is obvously mad or has ADH or something.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

green jocks assesment of pasoti is most accurate indeed...........

having a go at john lloyd (who is a dcent bloke) was unwise.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:16 pm

i refer to chris' dig at john lloyd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Dougie wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
The gang's too busy having a pop at dear old Chris Errington to worry about us minions!

I note the ex-CP ers are the most upset.

Bit bizarre isn't it. Its like every point has to be fought over. You have to stand shoulder to shoulder with your "real" life mates afterall. Even Jameson in there with a dig in what must have been an example of one of the biggest missing on the point ever. Then you get the insults flowing and anyone who disagrees is obvously mad or has ADH or something.

The latest tactic is to get their cronies to send you PM's to try and keep your viewpoint off the main message board, quite pathetic and ruins any real debate on the important topics. We are all largely left alone on terraces, but as soon as anyone challenges any of the top table send in the dogs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
green jocks assesment of pasoti is most accurate indeed...........

having a go at john lloyd (who is a dcent bloke) was unwise.

I think using the "What were YOU doing" attack on Lloydy was a crass lapse of judgement from Mr President, alongide him making a song and dance about bringing Wrathall back into the fold. I've no problem with Wrathall voming to a game and no problem even with him turning up at a fansfest as a guest of Webbs but I do have a problem with attempting to brainwash the PASOTI masses into thinking it wasn't his fault.

I can't say I like the Webb/Mr President distinction, he's attempting to have his cake and eat it and largely being allowed to get away with it.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:30 pm

It isn't often that I can be bothered to post on Pasoti these days, but I did feel moved to comment on the Errington thread, just to say that I actually agreed with the notion that fans shouldn't be involved in the actual running of the club.

Cue cyber bully Andy S, ranting on about the consortium thing many years ago.

On one hand I'm really not bothered about Pasoti at all, but on the other, I really don't feel inclined to let Webb and Newell have things all their own way.

It's a quandry right enough! Smile

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Nobody takes Soapy seriously, do they? The man is a complete arse.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:08 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
It isn't often that I can be bothered to post on Pasoti these days, but I did feel moved to comment on the Errington thread, just to say that I actually agreed with the notion that fans shouldn't be involved in the actual running of the club.

On one hand I'm really not bothered about Pasoti at all, but on the other, I really don't feel inclined to let Webb and Newell have things all their own way.

The thing I find strange about the old car parking space/consortium stuff being brought up time and time again is that had the consortium been successful the club might have taken a rather different path*. Those batting for Stapleton and Co at the time look more than a little silly now. Also if they are willing to forgive and hook up with a microphone waving former director responsible for one of the more despicable campaigns on Pasoti why can't they let it lie with you.

(there was a guy involved-a friend of David James perhaps worked for the FA if I remember-who's ideas of placing the club at the centre of the community are being parodied now yet were poo poohed at the time by the green tints*)

(*sorry, hate that phrase but it was quite the thing to be that or brown tints at the time)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Can anyone point me in the direction of this "Errington thread" please ?

I've had a quick look on the main discussions / e-bay page & the terraces but it doesn't jump out at me & lifes too short to read it all.

maybe napolean has been hitting the delete button again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:36 pm

altijd groen wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of this "Errington thread" please ?

I've had a quick look on the main discussions / e-bay page & the terraces but it doesn't jump out at me & lifes too short to read it all.

maybe napolean has been hitting the delete button again.

On page 2, called Herald-Fans do not understand the game. Sorry tried copying the link but didn't work
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Dougie wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

The thing I find strange about the old car parking space/consortium stuff being brought up time and time again is that had the consortium been successful the club might have taken a rather different path*. Those batting for Stapleton and Co at the time look more than a little silly now. Also if they are willing to forgive and hook up with a microphone waving former director responsible for one of the more despicable campaigns on Pasoti why can't they let it lie with you.

(there was a guy involved-a friend of David James perhaps worked for the FA if I remember-who's ideas of placing the club at the centre of the community are being parodied now yet were poo poohed at the time by the green tints*)

(*sorry, hate that phrase but it was quite the thing to be that or brown tints at the time)

Selective memories for some I'm afraid. I firmly believe that we would have spent at least a season in the Premiership by now, along with finishing the ground, if the offer of investment had been taken up - we will never know, but I'm sure the downward spiral wouldn't have happened.

Chairman Mao was the poster - we talked a lot about the concept of 'a centre of sporting excellence' at the time and went some way down the road of looking at funding options - the community aspect pushed all the buttons for funding from Europe, something I was involved in at the time. He's working for FIFA now, currently based in Dubai.

But, as we all know, there were other plans in place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Cheers Green Jock. I'll have a peek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

We definitely needed investment and those in the seat were not prepared to share. Whether it would have been successful, we don't know, but the alternative plainly wasn't.

One question PP. If the consortium had ever been allowed to make their investment, do you know if the bandied around £5 million would have been in the now popular form of loans or actual equity put into the club i.e. a proper investment ? I ask, because as we are painfully aware now, secured loans are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot in the long run, and in fact possibly counter productive given the rates of interest some people like to charge.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:09 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
We definitely needed investment and those in the seat were not prepared to share. Whether it would have been successful, we don't know, but the alternative plainly wasn't.

One question PP. If the consortium had ever been allowed to make their investment, do you know if the bandied around £5 million would have been in the now popular form of loans or actual equity put into the club i.e. a proper investment ? I ask, because as we are painfully aware now, secured loans are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot in the long run, and in fact possibly counter productive given the rates of interest some people like to charge.

I know there was a disagreement over the amount, but it was £10m, and it was hard cash - money that the 3 major investors would have been prepared to lose, had things gone wrong - but having seen the business plan and the options for further investment which were being lined up, that £10m would have been a safe investment in my view.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:22 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I know there was a disagreement over the amount, but it was £10m, and it was hard cash

Uh oh... Like a red flag to a bull --

Baba's gonna make an apprearance any minute now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:46 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

I know there was a disagreement over the amount, but it was £10m, and it was hard cash - money that the 3 major investors would have been prepared to lose, had things gone wrong - but having seen the business plan and the options for further investment which were being lined up, that £10m would have been a safe investment in my view.

Dead right PP and as Ricks said, Babba just couldn't accept what may well have been all we needed to gain entry into the Premier, a new stadium and the heavens! We will never get better odds for a gamble that football is, but some lacked courage, some had personality issues whilst others had a different agenda that involved self interest over club interest as we have found out, unfortunately they were blindly followed by those that now claim to be the best people to offer advise, you can't make it up really!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Another newbie here fed up with the Newell, Webb wankfest of Pasoti..."Quicky Webby i'm gonna blow, pass me the Kleenex"

Double standards, bullying, abuse of non followers gets right on my moobs.

Forza Verdes...wtf?!?! What happens if somebody doesn't sing the chant in time do they get banished to the Lyndhurst by Newell and Webby?

Oh and finally, how come Webb is allowed to different accounts on Pasoti (Chris Webb and President) account? Nobody else is allowed two accounts....

Thank you for the opportunity to have a rant in this democratic free speech environment.

Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:19 pm

I get loads of bullying on here,but i can take. UTC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Another newbie here fed up with the Newell, Webb wankfest of Pasoti..."Quicky Webby i'm gonna blow, pass me the Kleenex"

Forza Verdes...wtf?!?! What happens if somebody doesn't sing the chant in time do they get banished to the Lyndhurst by Newell and Webby?

Oh and finally, how come Webb is allowed to different accounts on Pasoti (Chris Webb and President) account? Nobody else is allowed two accounts....

Thank you for the opportunity to have a rant in this democratic free speech environment.

Welcome aboard Yea Man. And feck off DTC, you're a City fan you must be used to it.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 pm

greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

Welcome aboard Yea Man. And feck off DTC, you're a City fan you must be used to it.

If i was offended,i wouldn't come on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:05 pm

downthetrack wrote:
greenjock wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

If i was offended,i wouldn't come on here.

We're not trying hard enough then Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Just to pick up one point - Chris Webb has two accounts as he was getting lots of stick. It was hard to distinguish between him posting as himself and in his semi-official capacity. It may be that they should be one and the same but, sadly, that's not how the world operates. I don't see anything especially reprehensible in that.

Personally, I am cheesed off at the sycophants who seem to think that if they want something doing Chris el Presidente would be able to sort it. A bit like pasoti's very own Jimmy Saville. And, for the record - (and GG who seems to be developing his pasoti-terrier act on here Smile) , I don't think he really intends to foster that persona.

Equally, for the record, I have thought that pasoti has been a little more open of late - ATD even got a sort of positive reference in one thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Yea Man wrote:

Welcome to ATD Yea Man, where most of us agree with your sentiments and where you won't be banned for having them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 pm

funny man wrote:

Equally, for the record, I have thought that pasoti has been a little more open of late - ATD even got a sort of positive reference in one thread!

That'll be before a poster had his post removed within the hour .... purely for referring to this website. If that's more open, I would like to know more open than what... the former Soviet Union on a bad day ?
What you're seeing Winstanley, is a mirage............. yours, Winstanley.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
funny man wrote:

That'll be before a poster had his post removed within the hour .... purely for referring to this website. If that's more open, I would like to know more open than what... the former Soviet Union on a bad day ?
What you're seeing Winstanley, is a mirage............. yours, Winstanley.

I had a post on pasoti removed on Saturday.Saying this site was far better,under the name of yolondabecool,but they no its me ,but didn't ban me ,strange.Downthetrack is banned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie   Another newbie - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next