Josh Pope
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Fantastic night out, Dags playing the Gargs off the pitch, not one shot on target in 95 minutes and finished off with a brill goal from City Legend Jamie Cureton followed by a mass exodus from the away end, tbh the first time I had noticed them all night.

You boys have got a shit team there and some shit support, the old boy with pink hair in the clubhouse after was classic Swilly, the Garg gene pool seems as shallow as ever.

You are a wanchor Tis, Spot on though!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Fantastic night out, Dags playing the Gargs off the pitch, not one shot on target in 95 minutes and finished off with a brill goal from City Legend Jamie Cureton followed by a mass exodus from the away end, tbh the first time I had noticed them all night.

You boys have got a shit team there and some shit support, the old boy with pink hair in the clubhouse after was classic Swilly, the Garg gene pool seems as shallow as ever.

You are a wanchor Tis,  Spot on though!

Why thank you Les.

You were dross, no doubt, not getting a shot on target all game is almost Cityesque and what do your boys think when they are bringing the ball out, their passing was utter cack.

In your defence you didn't look a lot worse than some of the gash I have seen this season, Burton were fookin awful at the Dags for way over an hour, City played Stevo and Pompey off the park only to lose as well. That performance from the Dags was far and away the best I have seen all season, they were organised, aggressive in the tackle and for the first time this season actually passed the ball well, they would have been more than a match for anyone I have seen in this division.

FFS give it up with the doom and gloom all of you, you're 9th, a point off the playoffs and 2 points off Luton who are in free fall, get a forking grip, Newport and Stevo are above you and they are gash while you are being chased by Northampton and the Mighty Reds, I would have said you was nailed on for the playoffs yet to read this thread you sound as though you are back where you were a couple and three seasons ago, I wish you were but you ain't, MTFU all of you.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:10 pm

zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
We haven't really got a whole host of alternatives. With not a single winger in the squad, we can't alter the formation. So we're stuck. Sheridan's unbalanced recruiting is to blame here, no budgetary excuses there. Still, he's performing exactly as the lower estimations of his budget suggests he should.

No budgetary excuses here? What about being made to sell his captain for feck all and try and replace him with players for feck all or other loan players who get recalled, have you been asleep since last May?
If Shez was backed we would have kept Hourihane, then we could have had the odd loanee and we would be sitting pretty at the top of the pile now. You can't polish a turd, you know this after forty years of watching it being tried.

Hourihane was off anyrate.....we got what we could before he just walked away....an unhappy player isn't worth keeping....they don't go that extra mile for you.

Same sort of nonsense that was spouted when Norris and co left. Surprised you haven't sussed it by now.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:11 pm

What are you trying to say Tis?

No matter how bad we think we are - you're always determined to be even worse?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:49 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
What are you trying to say Tis?

No matter how bad we think we are - you're always determined to be even worse?

There'd be plenty of precedence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Greenskin wrote:
zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
We haven't really got a whole host of alternatives. With not a single winger in the squad, we can't alter the formation. So we're stuck. Sheridan's unbalanced recruiting is to blame here, no budgetary excuses there. Still, he's performing exactly as the lower estimations of his budget suggests he should.

No budgetary excuses here? What about being made to sell his captain for feck all and try and replace him with players for feck all or other loan players who get recalled, have you been asleep since last May?
If Shez was backed we would have kept Hourihane, then we could have had the odd loanee and we would be sitting pretty at the top of the pile now. You can't polish a turd, you know this after forty years of watching it being tried.

Hourihane was off anyrate.....we got what we could before he just walked away....an unhappy player isn't worth keeping....they don't go that extra mile for you.

Same sort of nonsense that was spouted when Norris and co left. Surprised you haven't sussed it by now.

We got virtually nothing for him going last summer it wouldnt have made any difference if he walked this summer really. Who knows if we went up he might have been persuaded to stay.

Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 pm

This fascination with all things Hourihane is puzzling. We did f**k all with him in the side.

Agree that he was the only player worth anything ( maybe Nelson now) which is why I suspect Argyle allowed his contract to run down. Most clubs offer their better players a new deal well before the final year. Perhaps they needed the money.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Maybe Hourihane was never as good as some claim.....as said above what did we do when he was here.
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:32 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
zyph wrote:

Not strictly true Zyph, he was contracted until the end of this season and for the paltry sum we actually recieved by the time everyone else had taken their bunce, we'd surely have been better off keeping him if it meant a realistic chance of promotion rather than trousering a measly 60-80 grand, speculate to accumulate and all that. He would also be foolishly unwise to give anything less than 100% for the team if he's looking to move on to bigger and better things once his contract has expired. A costly mistake imo and I'm not just saying that in hindsight, many of us have been saying so since the day he was 'sold'.

And if we did get promotion with him in the team he might have signed a new deal with us.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:41 pm

zyph wrote:
Maybe Hourihane was never as good as some claim.....as said above what did we do when he was here.

Were you at the Port Vale home game last season?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:47 pm

zyph wrote:

He seems to be holding his own in League 1.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Hourihane's quality for the 3rd division is unquestionable, let alone the feckin 4th tier. I can't take anyone seriously who denies that. He matured quickly and seriously found his form in the time he played under Sheridan - whether that was his own natural development or thanks to Sheridan's coaching, who knows. Its not his fault the rest of the side kept bottling it, or that his manager didn't find a replacement for Cox last season - we never settled as a side with a regular starting 11 last season, we eventually came to the decision to play 3-5-2, but even by the last game of the season away at Portsmouth Sheridan was tinkering and started Hourihane at LB...
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Here we go again [this time Holloway]

Looking at the League Two table today i have been reflecting on what might have been.

Had Argyle taken all six points from the last two games, they would have been sitting pretty, with the prospect of seeing an increased attendance for the visit of Newport County.

Reality kicks in when reflecting on what might have been though and i fear another woeful performance coming up on Saturday. As for the attendance, i hope it falls from its usual figure. Having said that, I shall be there and i will then go to all the remaining home fixtures after that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 3:18 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Here we go again [this time Holloway]

Looking at the League Two table today i have been reflecting on what might have been.

Had Argyle taken all six points from the last two games, they would have been sitting pretty, with the prospect of seeing an increased attendance for the visit of Newport County.

Reality kicks in when reflecting on what might have been though and i fear another woeful performance coming up on Saturday. As for the attendance, i hope it falls from its usual figure. Having said that, I shall be there and i will then go to all the remaining home fixtures after that.

Obviously smoking quite strong weed on canal street up there in manchester is the fool up the line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:10 pm

zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

And this lot do? lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
This fascination with all things Hourihane is puzzling. We did f**k all with him in the side.

Agree that he was the only player worth anything ( maybe Nelson now) which is why I suspect Argyle allowed his contract to run down. Most clubs offer their better players a new deal well before the final year. Perhaps they needed the money.

Why is it puzzling when the guy has scored just about the same amount of goals on his own as our entire midfield put together, which is the sole reason why Argyle are likely to miss out on promotion this year? You say that Argyle did nothing when he was here and in terms of promotion [or even really threatening it],that would be true enough. But it was obvious,to my eyes anyway, that Argyle had a fast developing player player on their hands who could have contributed far more than £200k in the coming years, including this one. Needed the money? Bit nearer the truth than "keeping an unhappy player".
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:43 pm

Hourihane is a talented player, that much is obvious. But he was held back by Sheridan's negative, keep a clean sheet, mentality. That Argyle allowed his contract to run down was either incompetent or devious. I would make the latter favourite.

However, he's gone. But he's still talked about as some kind of messiah. ( cue naughty boy ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Hourihane is a talented player, that much is obvious. But he was held back by Sheridan's negative, keep a clean sheet, mentality. That Argyle allowed his contract to run down was either incompetent or devious. I would make the latter favourite.

However, he's gone. But he's still talked about as some kind of messiah. ( cue naughty boy ).

how was he held back in anyway!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

You are a wanchor Tis,  Spot on though!

Why thank you Les.

You were dross, no doubt, not getting a shot on target all game is almost Cityesque and what do your boys think when they are bringing the ball out, their passing was utter cack.

In your defence you didn't look a lot worse than some of the gash I have seen this season, Burton were fookin awful at the Dags for way over an hour, City played Stevo and Pompey off the park only to lose as well. That performance from the Dags was far and away the best I have seen all season, they were organised, aggressive in the tackle and for the first time this season actually passed the ball well, they would have been more than a match for anyone I have seen in this division.

FFS give it up with the doom and gloom all of you, you're 9th, a point off the playoffs and 2 points off Luton who are in free fall, get a forking grip, Newport and Stevo are above you and they are gash while you are being chased by Northampton and the Mighty Reds, I would have said you was nailed on for the playoffs yet to read this thread you sound as though you are back where you were a couple and three seasons ago, I wish you were but you ain't, MTFU all of you.

What a sad state of affairs when you have to claim your glory moment from watching Dagenham & Redbridge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:34 pm

It's frustration Tis, you moan about City, we moan about Argyle, it's what fans do. We're all better managers than who we have in charge and we all think we'd do better than the players on the pitch, that's football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:39 pm

Everybody saying how crap ahourihane was whilst here didn't he score 9 goals in his last season for us? That alone is worth keeping and probably more than all our present midfield have scored.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:54 pm

let's have a caption competition.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will start.

JS is shouting to the team - it's ok lads, James is buying the fish and chips for the journey home, and Yes, we will have the little sachets of sauce.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:00 pm

Angry wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:

how was he held back in anyway!

Rollo has got a point there to be fair. I thought he was slagging off Hourihane, but its true that Sheridan didn't make the most of having him last season in that he failed to sign a defensive midfielder to partner Conor like Cox did in the January to end of season relegation salvation of 2013. He played Blizzard, who clearly excels as an attacking midfielder when fit (which is a rarity, but we knew that when signing him), as the defensive midfielder alongside Conor. He even brought in bleddy Hamza Bencherif... I'll say no more.

But I disagree with Rollo's point that it wouldn't have mattered with or without Hourihane because under Sheridan he was misused, or at least not used with the correct players around him. Sheridan had resigned Cox before Hourihane left for Barnsley. It was clear as day that the plan was to respark that brilliant midfield pairing and to build a side that was based around Hourihane. Remember, he also let Luke Young go before Hourihane left. He effectively had the choice, largely because of the budget, Hourihane or Young? The decision was easy. The board decided to sell his choice regardless and put up a weak fight in negotiation. The fact we didn't get him signed on a longer contract sooner was also a poor decision by the board and another example of their narrow minded short term planning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
let's have a caption competition.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will start.

JS is shouting to the team - it's ok lads, James is buying the fish and chips for the journey home, and Yes, we will have the little sachets of sauce.

i can take it balls deep! look ill show you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Budgetary issues aside, the fact is it feels like we're going nowhere under Sheridan. The results are so inconsistent. I'd like to know when, in our entire history, we've failed to win a game after falling behind over a 2 year stretch. Successful sides dig their way out of adversity - it appears ours couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

I'd love to see a owner with some genuine cash at the helm and am no Brent apologist but the blame for us currently toiling in the 4th Division sits on Sheridan's shoulders. It feels like if he does fluke us up in the play-offs we'll end up doing a Chesterfield and coming back down with him.

Hypothetical anyway. Reckon we'll lose to Newport on Saturday and the fat lady will start singing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dagenham and Redbridge match thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next