Josh Pope
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:43 am

FCOL it's slipping away again just like last season, I don't know if I can stomach another year in this division.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:47 am

This whole football club is the most infuriating creation known to man, what an absolute waste of an evening.

Don't even care about who to blame - it's all just so so so awful
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
FCOL it's slipping away again just like last season, I don't know if I can stomach another year in this division.
Get used to it Asti, as long as Coco the Clown owns the club its Basement Time!jocolor
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:51 am

It would be very bad if we got to the year 2016 with no new stand and still in Division 4..........
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 am

AstiSpumante wrote:

My feelings exactly. You can see Argyle spending a long, long time in this division under the current set up, just seems completely hopeless all the time, no matter how much you try and rationalise it. Fecking hell, when I started following Argyle and for many years after, it was absolutely unthinkable that the club could ever sink so low. It's certainly been an education in shattered hopes, false dawns and broken promises. No way will I be getting a season next year, had a basinful of it and it takes a hell of a lot to say that. Fecked right off, roll on May.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:54 am

I wonder what the gratefuls will think about this.

We have to beat Newport this weekend.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 am

The only way to protest against the Brent Regime is stay away, what other way of objecting about the shit state of the club on and off the pitch is there?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:06 am

awful awful awful dire - no player worth over a 4 being generous -Sheridan gets a generous 0 - did I mention that it was shockingly poor
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 am

deja vu moment
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:12 am

Seems to be mixed blame.

Sheridan, the players, Brent, the rest of the board or other?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:17 am

Josh Pope wrote:
Seems to be mixed blame.

Sheridan, the players, Brent, the rest of the board or other?
All of them are to blame, but the main blame must surely be with the owner, he has the last word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:19 am

If we lose Lewi and Reid in the summer it will be another dogfight, sick of the underperfoming at the club from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:21 am

AstiSpumante wrote:

Very true, very true.

James Brent and other Board members have got to share some of the blame for the budget given to JS.

It is simply not a promotion budget, especially when little clubs like Burton, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Bury and Stevenage are out-doing Argyle.

It looks increasingly likely that Argyle will be playing in League Two again next season. Whether JS or any of the ''so-called'' players are here, no-one knows for sure and i expect nobody bloody cares.

Brent out now!!

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:26 am

All of the above I'd say mate. Brent - obvious budgetary flaws, selling Hourihane (debate that all you like, I'll admit its a wishywashy situation but he COULD have said no or at least tried harder in negotiations), failure to present a development that displayed ambition for the club, subsequent failure to deliver a substandard development.

Sheridan - Failure to come back from a goal down, failure to address the weakness of midfield, failure to recruit a balanced squad - its so defensively minded throughout.

Players - Failure to execute Sheridan's plan. I'm going to say with absolute certainty that Sheridan is not telling the defensive players to keep hoofing it up to Reid, Sheridan clearly likes to have us playing with the ball at the deck and passing it quickly through midfield and up to the strikers. I can't believe for a second that he'd be telling the players to bypass the midfield. There's sloppiness in too many of the games (they're league two players after all) and there's a real lack of drive and effort in too many players. You can see McCormick, Hartley, Nelson, McHugh, O'Connor, Cox all visibly care and will do anything to win the ball - but in too many you just don't see the commitment or desire to get forward and win the game. Talbot said after Saturday's game that they decided around 70/75 minutes that if they weren't going to win the game, then they sure as hell weren't going to lose it. Well pardon feckin me, but I want to see them feckin go for it. Oxford couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, go get at the opposition and get us out of this division FCOL. Not having our supposed attacking minded players deciding that they'll just drop deep instead.

Another squad of bottle jobs, [un]inspiring a 2nd/3rd division club to transform themselves into an established basement division side that gratefully accepts shitty ministands.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:30 am

Angry wrote:
Sheridan out tweets and posts are coming thick and fast now

dam you spotlight!!!!  oh well another year in this dogshit league with a crapper squad next year too Sad

(anyone thinking nelson,hartley,mchugh and reid will stay for next season you need to have a word with yourself)

Who knows.

Brent out now !!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:48 am

Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Fecking hell, when I started following Argyle and for many years after, it was absolutely unthinkable that the club could ever sink so low. .
I'm approaching a 50 year fan and, as Greenskin says, way back just the thought of slipping out of tier 2 was enough to cause panic and mayhem. Had someone said way back then that in 2015 we'll be playing in front of 1700 people they would have been locked up. Over the years we've had good and bad teams but I can't remember an Argyle team who showed such frequent gutless and fruitless performances. The players shouldn't need kicking FFS!!! Each player should be able to realise that promotion is possible and they must battle from the 1st minute. I'll take losing but I cannot take gutless, heartless and ''who gives a feck'' performances.

What now? We are still holding on to hope by our fingernails and Saturday is a massive game but even winning that game and posting 4 points from 3 games is not enough. As for JS? He stated ''Play-offs minimum'' and at present the performances are pointing to ''not achieved'' and JB has to make a decision ready for next season. I did ponder over the news from Oldham that they have a caretaker manager until the end of the season. Deal done already?

Holloway anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 am

I wonder if 5-3-2 lies at the heart of our problems.

You can never expect much offensively from the 3 CBs so the wing backs need to press on effectively changing the formation to 3-5-2 and all of the pressure should be on our opponents' back 4 and from there we should be pulverising teams into submission.

Obviously this isn't happening so why stick with the formation? Is it that Sheridan feels that these are our best XI but they only fit this shape - and if so what does that say about those outside the XI?

I think we need to go 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Maybe move Nelson up into midfield because I don't see either of the other CBs going there.

This should stop Bobby Reid and Anthony O'Connor from sitting so deep and allow Banton and Alessandra to play wide offensively.

Something like

McCormick

Tareiq, McHugh, Hartley, Mellor

Nelson

O'Connor, BReid

Banton, RReid, Alessandra

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:01 am

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Fecking hell, when I started following Argyle and for many years after, it was absolutely unthinkable that the club could ever sink so low. .
I'm approaching a 50 year fan and, as Greenskin says, way back just the thought of slipping out of tier 2 was enough to cause panic and mayhem. Had someone said way back then that in 2015 we'll be playing in front of 1700 people they would have been locked up. Over the years we've had good and bad teams but I can't remember an Argyle team who showed such frequent gutless and fruitless performances. The players shouldn't need kicking FFS!!! Each player should be able to realise that promotion is possible and they must battle from the 1st minute. I'll take losing but I cannot take gutless, heartless and ''who gives a feck'' performances.

What now? We are still holding on to hope by our fingernails and Saturday is a massive game but even winning that game and posting 4 points from 3 games is not enough. As for JS? He stated ''Play-offs minimum'' and at present the performances are pointing to ''not achieved'' and JB has to make a decision ready for next season. I did ponder over the news from Oldham that they have a caretaker manager until the end of the season. Deal done already?

Holloway anyone?

The small glimmer of hope that remains.

If Argyle somehow scrape into the Play-Offs, but lose in the two-legged affair, what then. Does Brent get rid of JS when it is all over or does he back him for a serious promotion push next season. I did read somewhere that JS is contracted until the summer of 2016.

If Argyle fail to finish in 7th place, what then. Does Brent get rid of JS and appoint a more suitable manager, who has fight and desire to achieve glory for the club, the team and the fans. I am sure there will be numerous CVs flooding into Home Park should Argyle get rid of JS and advertise for position of team manager.

Regarding Holloway, would he really come back here and have another stint.

If JS is not receiving a fair [promotion] budget, it is a safe bet that Holloway would not be given greater funds to spend either.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 am

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

The players shouldn't need kicking FFS!!! Each player should be able to realise that promotion is possible and they must battle from the 1st minute. I'll take losing but I cannot take gutless, heartless and ''who gives a feck'' performances.

THIS, ONE MILLION PERCENT !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 11:29 am

Fantastic night out, Dags playing the Gargs off the pitch, not one shot on target in 95 minutes and finished off with a brill goal from City Legend Jamie Cureton followed by a mass exodus from the away end, tbh the first time I had noticed them all night.

You boys have got a shit team there and some shit support, the old boy with pink hair in the clubhouse after was classic Swilly, the Garg gene pool seems as shallow as ever.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:11 pm

tigertony wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Holloway anyone?

Like you Tony I was brought up on a diet of what is now Championship football and yo yoing to and fro from what is now League 1. League 2 or 4th division football was something we never even considered or thought might ever happen as it was a place the club had never been in it's entire history. I feel sorry for the younger or newer fans, the Sam Powells, Greensams, Cobis, Josh Popes and Chris Webbs of this world who have been brought up on a diet of League 2 and relegation or survival football watching the worst teams the club has ever had perform. As things stand they will never know what it is like to see promotion games in front of 20,000 plus crowds with a packed Mayflower terrace, nor will we again for that matter. Tonight's result has left me feeling totally and utterly dejected and I really can't stomach another season in the 4th division doing battle with clubs surviving on gates a quarter of what we get. I am on the brink of throwing in the towel with Argyle.
As for Holloway-no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Fans applaud the players. Players applaud the fans. laugh

The club is a bucket rattling Avivafest , where devious, self promoting janners enjoy the spotlight , whilst protecting, nay worshipping, the fine gentleman, who hasn't got a clue.

It's why I haven't been able to stomach attending for years.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Echo of many on here, the hall of shame must include Brent, the board and the bumlicking sellouts - as well as Sheriden!! Shite club from top to bottom!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:23 pm

I can't stomach anymore of this season. That's it for me this year folks. I'm off travelling, drinking, surfing, doggy walking, cigar smoking, photographing and more trvelling, etc etc. See you all next season for more self induced horse-shit.

Have a good summer folks - and if you need to find me, well, you know where I drink.

PS: I will log on now and then, but only to check PM's for death threats. See y'all.

Ork. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Yesterday was absolutely woeful. We were clueless from start to finish and the players looked like they didn't care. The bench didn't inspire any confidence and at no stage did it look like Sheridan was interested in changing things tactically.

If this team manage to get promoted via the play offs it would be a miracle - but the club is miles away from being a League 1 club. We won't get out of this division with Brent in charge.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham and Redbridge match thread   Dagenham and Redbridge match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dagenham and Redbridge match thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next