pepsipete
Coxside_Green
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:55 pm

The call to NPCU for referral comes into play if PCC approve and don't follow correct procedures leading to referral.

PCC took a right roasting from SoS over Seaton & Derriford plans largely based on the scale of out of town development, so they shouldn't try and sneak this through and risk incurring SoS wrath again. However, JB's reluctance to hang around the year plus that a Judicial Review would take may force their hand.

There are a lot of conditions AkKeron have to sign off with PCC before formal Planning Approval can be given allowing work to start, giving time for NPCU to intervene
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 pm

It'll go through no doubt but it's suffered from the worse presentation/PR imaginable. From the superfan announced magnificent two tiered grandstand to a single tier montrosity to the addition of a pathetic ledge to the sudden appearance of a school in the corner and a dental practice on site to the unexplained million pound income/turnover/profit to the retail units rent in the Grandstand being hived off somewhere it's been a shambles.

Notwithstanding any usual moans and groans its something that if done properly should have been greeted with glee and dancing in the streets of North Prospect/Plympton/Eggbuckland/Ernesettle etc etc.

But it's been so divisive its untrue. If your not from Plymouth, not a season ticket holder, not pro the development, agree with FoCP then you are a worthless backwater backward thinking nimby. We even have a call for, Plymouth only, residents to descend on the the council chambers dressed in FIL/FES phorescent lime green to show how much they love James Brent (as much as the council and the Herald do of course). Because its more about backing his plans than backing a rebuilt Mayflower. This despite opinions being across a rainbow of fors and againsts and most rational thinkers seeing that it's probably a 50/50 split.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Iggy wrote:
IJN winner by miles in the PAFC cuntathon. His city who the feck does he think he is?
---------------------------

It's reassuring to know somebody with such high standards is monitoring this forum.

This post is directed at one person, nobody else need reply. An explanation from a moderator would be most welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:28 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Iggy wrote:
IJN winner by miles in the PAFC cuntathon. His city who the feck does he think he is?

It's reassuring to know somebody with such high standards is monitoring this forum.

This post is directed at one person, nobody else need reply. An explanation from a moderator would be most welcome.
It wasn't me who moved it but it's been moved pending a discussion from us.

I think it was the use of the word retard in the subject which is the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
Iggy wrote:

It wasn't me who moved it but it's been moved pending a discussion from us.

I think it was the use of the word retard in the subject which is the problem.

Thanks for the reply Yea Man, i think the word in question is one i use quite often in a lighthearted manner to describe people who look or act a bit thick. To place it in the same bracket as homophobia and racism as Saint Iggy did is totally wrong in my opinion. I do understand that different people find different things offensive, the older generation seem to have more of a problem with the word in question, maybe it was used in a more derogatory way back then ? i was offended by Saint Iggy calling me mate but i'm prepared to let that lye !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Before "Saint Iggy" gets established as his description (Is it not possible to disagree with someone without abuse following? Just asking).... I took the post in question into the mod-room for discussion.

I found the description "retard" nasty. "cnut" is a description whereas "retard" is abuse and using mental disability to do so. I neither said nor did anything about it. I had decided not to. I then saw that two mods objected to it and they did nothing about it. I decided it needed a mod-room discussion. No decision has been made by anyone. If the mods as a whole find it acceptable or unacceptable then a decision will be made. At that point, it may or may not be returned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Knecht wrote : Is it not possible to disagree with someone without abuse following?

I suggest you read the posts again, is not comparing someone to a homophobe, racist and whatever else Saint Iggy used abuse ?

You also say calling somebody a c*nt is a description but calling somebody a retard is abuse, what strange logic, who did i call a retard ? it was a generalisation not aimed at any particular person.

As for the thread being returned, i couldn't give a monkey's.

I hope this post isn't too nasty for you knecht.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:56 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Knecht wrote : Is it not possible to disagree with someone without abuse following?

I suggest you read the posts again, is not comparing someone to a homophobe, racist and whatever else Saint Iggy used abuse ?

You also say calling somebody a c*nt is a description but calling somebody a retard is abuse, what strange logic, who did i call a retard ? it was a generalisation not aimed at any particular person.

As for the thread being returned, i couldn't give a monkey's.

I hope this post isn't too nasty for you knecht.

No, it's not.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Fwiw, I don't like the word 'retard' being used as an insult either.

Insulting someone based on personality is one thing, insulting someone based on perceived mental incapacity is something else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 5:01 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Insulting someone based on personality is one thing, insulting someone based on perceived mental incapacity is something else.

So calling someone a thick/stupid c*nt/tw@t/w@nker which i've seen used many times on here is different is it ?

GreenSam, it's obvious your life revolves around reading/posting on as many different forums as is humanly possible but i was hoping this difference of opinions could be sorted between myself and the mods, please butt out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Hoped the club would be galvanised after the threat of administration - instead we have opportunists using the demise of the club to their so called advantage - some odious individuals now prominently associated with the club,  were we not warned that we would be open to developers and the like.   The plans look great, very pleased that the city of  Plymouth is to have better services and that jobs for young people/school leavers in a fantastic sector are being created but to see this club stripped of all its assets is upsetting- will have to wait to see if the right decision has been made - all seemed inevitable from the very beginning.Sleep 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:06 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

So calling someone a thick/stupid c*nt/tw@t/w@nker which i've seen used many times on here is different is it ?

GreenSam, it's obvious your life revolves around reading/posting on as many different forums as is humanly possible but i was hoping this difference of opinions could be sorted between myself and the mods, please butt out.
FWIW I agree with you on this. I call people Fucktards and Fuckwits on a regular basis and they probably mean the same thing as retard so I think that we either have to swear check all of my usual insults and retard or leave them all remain.

Is it any worse than saying someone is a sandwich short of a picnic or similar?

Having said that does it really matter if a mod decides to remove a thread for discussion because they feel something is OTT? It isn't going to hurt you if your insult is replaced by something milder is it? I have posts removed or amended on a regular basis and I just think that if it's offended someone that much then they are welcome to remove or alter it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:10 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

(Sniggers childishly)albino 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 pm

89898989 wrote:
Hoped the club would be galvanised after the threat of administration - instead we have opportunists using the demise of the club to their so called advantage - some odious individuals now prominently associated with the club,  were we not warned that we would be open to developers and the like.   The plans look great, very pleased that the city of  Plymouth is to have better services and that jobs for young people/school leavers in a fantastic sector are being created but to see this club stripped of all its assets is upsetting- will have to wait to see if the right decision has been made - all seemed inevitable from the very beginning.Sleep 
Welcome to the party 89898989 or can I call you 89? Very Happy 

That's the thing, a lot of us feel that the approved plans will be bad for the club and a lot are happyish for them to go ahead as they feel it will benefit the club. There are even a small band of fans who are delighted with the plans but that's another thing altogether Razz 

Only time will tell I guess but given the extremely vague details of club accounts under Brent I would think that the people who think the worst are much nearer the mark than the superfans.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Vegas33139 wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

(Sniggers childishly)albino 
If that was said in banter as it was with you Vegas then I don't give a hoot and I can take it in good spirits but saying it in response to me objecting to some language that I feel offends the disabled to me just seems like sour grapes.

Fwiw I didn't even know who made the comment originally so don't take it personally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So in this case the Trees get saved and the development gets moved.
Unbelievable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:08 am

punchdrunk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So in this case the Trees get saved and the development gets moved.
Unbelievable

And the Plymouth City Centre Company are fiercely opposed to the plans, what hypocritical tw@ts, didn't hear them objecting to Brenty's bombsite being built at HHP the other day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP planning application recommended for approval   HHP planning application recommended for approval - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP planning application recommended for approval
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5