Greenskin
lawnmowerman
a39er
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

New flag coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Greenskin wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Peggy wrote:
If you actually read my page, you'd know it's a history series. Just like the last however many years' worth have been.

Still, keep to the script, eh? Next it'll be I'm a witch, or I need a good seeing to, or I banned so-and-so for racism ...

Have I ever been unpleasant to you ? ever ? I don't read the programmes as I don't buy them . It was a tongue in cheek comment . I receive tons worse on here .
Take care .

You don't buy a programme? What a Face That makes me much more Aviva than you! cheers

Uncle Tringy,can i have my Aviva boy of the week badge now,please? lol!

Peggy's article was about the late 1950's,with particular emphasis on the promotion winning 1958/59 season and a good read it was,too.

Why waste beer money on a programme ? Yes I don't buy them . Also never worn a jester hat .
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:24 pm

greengenes wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Peggy wrote:
If you actually read my page, you'd know it's a history series. Just like the last however many years' worth have been.

Still, keep to the script, eh? Next it'll be I'm a witch, or I need a good seeing to, or I banned so-and-so for racism ...

Have I ever been unpleasant to you ? ever ? I don't read the programmes as I don't buy them . It was a tongue in cheek comment . I receive tons worse on here .
Take care .

You don't buy a programme? What a Face That makes me much more Aviva than you! cheers

Peggy's article was about the late 1950's,with particular emphasis on the promotion winning 1958/59 season and a good read it was,too.

Why waste beer money on a programme ? Yes I don't buy them . Also never worn a jester hat .

The real clowns don't need to wear one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks, Greenskin flower

Apology from Greengenes has been accepted. He accidentally stumbled over part of the script.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm

greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
GG, you have been close witness to the goings on across the road. The 'inferring' has reached epedemic proportions there from the cabal.
Most of us understand quite clearly how internet communicatiuon works.

Do you not welcome a contrary voice on here ? Of course you do . I don't find it easy though

I had 5 years of it over there, and far worse than you get here. I rarely, if ever, retaliated.
Just say what you believe to be your honestly held opinon, and everything is fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Take care .

The real clowns don't need to wear one.

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
GG, you have been close witness to the goings on across the road. The 'inferring' has reached epedemic proportions there from the cabal.

Do you not welcome a contrary voice on here ? Of course you do . I don't find it easy though

I had 5 years of it over there, and far worse than you get here. I rarely, if ever, retaliated.
Just say what you believe to be your honestly held opinon, and everything is fine.

Good advice and how a forum should operate, not the thoughts and demands of the control group being imposed and other views censored or erased, as on Pasoti.

And Greenie, you will not be getting your badge as you are most definitely not Aviva....................... an anorak maybe Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Tringreen wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

Good advice and how a forum should operate, not the thoughts and demands of the control group being imposed and other views censored or erased, as on Pasoti.

And Greenie, you will not be getting your badge as you are most definitely not Aviva....................... an anorak maybe Rolling Eyes

He buys beer instead of putting money into the club-'e in a praaaaaaaper fan! lol!

I've got a massive collection of Argyle programmes dating back to 1946,when basically they consisted of two pages with a teamsheet and loads of adverts.Its causing a problem of space,TBH,have to find somewhere to store them.Wonder if they're valuable now?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
greengenes wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

He buys beer instead of putting money into the club-'e in a praaaaaaaper fan! lol!

I've got a massive collection of Argyle programmes dating back to 1946,when basically they consisted of two pages with a teamsheet and loads of adverts.Its causing a problem of space,TBH,have to find somewhere to store them.Wonder if they're valuable now?

I am sure you could store them with "Trevor Scallon" of GOS fame. He is an avid collector and has nearly every programme from I think 1960 onwards. He would love the older ones but they are 'pricy' he told me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 am

Why don't you sell them and we could buy an ATD flag to hold over the Devonport before the game, no one would object because it would hugely help the atmosphere. lol!

Last edited by Iggy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think we should put the giant flag in goal. Clean sheets all round.

Except when a ball hits it.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

Iggy wrote:
Why don't you sell them and we could buy an ATD flag to hold over the Devonport before the game, no one would object because it would hugely help the atmoshere. lol!

Agreed.But who's faces should be imposed on the flag? I'd go for Kim Il Tring,Gob Pot,Adolf Rickler and Mock Tse Tung.Should have a nice big brother/1984 type feel about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 am

lol! GOB Pot, I like that clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:08 am

I think we should have a flag for the Directors Box.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:09 am

Iggy wrote:
Why don't you sell them and we could buy an ATD flag to hold over the Devonport before the game, no one would object because it would hugely help the atmosphere. lol!

Wouldn't be enough of us there to hold it !

Not that many of us support eternal parochiality, willingly.

The dye is cast I'm afraid. It's not a vision I can buy into.

Far too village.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 am

This new flag business is causing a bit of debate on the farm they are up to 9 pages now, there are dissenting voices and true to form they are getting stick, I don't know why anyone on the farm is bothering to put their point of view across because it's a done deal the gruesome twosome have decided they are having a new flag so tough titty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:31 am

But it is an internet discussion forum about all things Argyle, I am only trying to have a debate about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

Farm and debate are two words that don't go together, even so, at least it's detracting from the discussion of a new manager and new signings so Webb will be happy. It's job done for him and he's earned another G&T with James!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:55 am

I don't understand the term "engage" with the fans.

Does it mean attack them if they don't agree with you?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I don't understand the term "engage" with the fans.

Does it mean attack them if they don't agree with you?

Perxactly..."Engage the enemy!!" Charge. Over the top lads when I blow my whistle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm

It means pretend we are engaging with the fans, when in reality we mean just do whatever The Gruesome Twosome tell you................ or else !

PAFC where parochiality is a speciality !

No thanks.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:48 pm

So it seems to me looking on the farm the majority for this super flag all sit in the Devonport end . So the rest of the people like me who sit in the lyndhurst get told what to do..most people I have spoken this morning who sit near me all have the same opinion and guess what its a big fat Noooo .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Sorry but I have to correct that, Lawnmowerman. The majority in favour have probably moved into the Demport very recently, and show no regard whatsoever for those who were already there. These initiatives might be encouraging some new fans, but they're clearly putting off a lot of existing ones.
Back to top Go down
a39er

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm

What I find most objectionable about this, and the discussion it's promoted, is the attempt to homogenise the football-going experience and the demand that everyone signs up to it or keeps away. Several comments on there imply that if you don't want a flag, then you've no business going: if you don't want to conform to the Soccer AM, artificial, ra-ra product and contribute to the "atmosphere" then get out of football.

Moreover, the argument (promoted as incontrovertible) that the Devonport flag has improved the atmosphere really doesn't stand up. The flag's been out for two matches. I've not really noticed a discernible increase in noise (and I gather Gordon Sparks describe the atmosphere as "the Home Park library" on Saturday). But even if the atmosphere *had* improved over the last two games, it doesn't mean it's down to the flag. It might - just might - have had something to do with the performance on the pitch? The argument that it's down to the flag is a classic example of 'post hoc, ergo propter hoc'.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Still no answer as to whether those who sit in the Lyndhurst will be consulted.

What a surprise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Personally I think the flag is a great idea, and I'm a miserable bugger and all! I dont understand the need to try and belittle absolutley everything just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New flag coming
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next