Greenskin
lawnmowerman
a39er
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

New flag coming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:14 am

Now if they could make it waterproof as well I think they could be on to something.

How much would it cost?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:27 am

If all this wasn't so sad,Aviva and childlike, it would be comical.

Allowing such easily excitable people free rein at a football club will ultimately end in tears.

These guys don't do subtlety. They are high as kites on their new found status. They really believe that everyone must bow to their every desire.

Unless we survive this season and then challenge from the start next season, I can see there not being enough willing Avivas to actually hold the frikkin flags. The fanfests will become so boring that even the Avivas will take a hike. The GT's will have to eat lots of pasties but they'll be good at that.

The future is not looking to be anything other than a local yeomanry plaything.Those with any degree of sophistication will take one look and walk away.

I've been frustrated by the club for several decades but I never, ever thought, that it would get this bad.

We have become so village. Aviva got it right. Always thought it was interesting how Aviva sponsor Naaaarich but used Argyle for the dumb football fan example. Naaaaaarich were in the 3rd tier at the time, are country boys and are fairly remote.

Our village idiots thought it was good publicity ! It turned out to be prophetic. Right Big Dave ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 am

GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:
I think Chill has just come up with the best solution on pasoti - a TRANSPARENT flag. Let's vote on it.

Link, link? lol!

Here it is. and, like me posting it, it was a joke.

And for what it's worth, all this seriousness and angst about a flag is silly. Nobody is suggesting we all wear uniforms and learn a salute before we can get into the ground. More pasoti fixation......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks knecht.

It's official, "Flag Watch" is now more entertaining then Jeremy Kyle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Peggy wrote:
Iggy - is this you?

argyleiggy wrote:
No they were not, tbf the Demport is the ultras stand which you can decide to sit in or move, I think that the Lyndy should at least be consulted, Webby won't do it because he has already made the decision and bought the flag.

If so, why shouldn't we have been consulted, and why should we have to move?

Yes it is me, I thought that you were all consulted or at least had the chance to discuss/complain when the ultra thing happened, I don't "want" you to move, I was expressing myself as a Lyndy supporter I shouldn't have tried to answer for the Demport, that was wrong of me and once again today I am sorry. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:58 pm

knecht wrote:
Nobody is suggesting we all wear uniforms and learn a salute before we can get into the ground.

Careful what you wish for....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:58 pm

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:
I think Chill has just come up with the best solution on pasoti - a TRANSPARENT flag. Let's vote on it.

Link, link? lol!

And for what it's worth, all this seriousness and angst about a flag is silly. Nobody is suggesting we all wear uniforms and learn a salute before we can get into the ground. More pasoti fixation......

Give it time Knecht. Give it time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:55 pm

knecht wrote:
GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:

Link, link? lol!

With respect Knecht, no one on here is suggesting the whole flag rumpus is a Pasoti thing. And I am all for flags at football matches, although the ones that are waved on poles, not the static carpets we see at every sporting event these days. Of course, that sort of thing is frowned on these days. No football fan can be trusted not to turn an innocent object into a deadly weapon.
It is well known the ultra thing is Mr President's idea, and according to him, Mr Brent as well.
Have I missed something or are any comments at all on the President and CPers now a pasoti fixation ? Just asking like. Do you have an ATD fixated fixation geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

We should be discussing issues such as the Trust, CPers and GAS, not Newell and Webb and this flag Waving malarkey. Let Newell continue with his strange agenda and Webb with his entertainment values, I want to know the names that aim to represent us on this GAS board!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:43 pm

GOB wrote:
I want to know the names that aim to represent us on this GAS board!

Psssstt ! Sid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:52 pm

GOB wrote:
We should be discussing issues such as the Trust, CPers and GAS, not Newell and Webb and this flag Waving malarkey. Let Newell continue with his strange agenda and Webb with his entertainment values, I want to know the names that aim to represent us on this GAS board!

Grovehill gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 pm

GOB wrote:

And of this, of course, there has been no talk from the club.

Why not?

It's been a hot subject of debate amongst web forums and yet not one word from the club regarding how it might 'actually' work at all?

This would be a subject that should be covered in the Prez's "Progress" report.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Why not?

It's been a hot subject of debate amongst web forums and yet not one word from the club regarding how it might 'actually' work at all?

Has anyone even started the ball rolling on this yet? Anyone thrown their hat into the ring or news on when and how the elections/candidates will be held/selected? I can see it turning into a bloodbath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm

When I first went to HP there were rattles. Then there was communal shouting and boots. Now there are flags. What's the big deal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:08 pm

knecht wrote:
When I first went to HP there were rattles. Then there was communal shouting and boots. Now there are flags. What's the big deal?

And bobble hats and scarves knitted by your gran!

Don't forget those knecht!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Iggy wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Iggy - is this you?

argyleiggy wrote:
No they were not, tbf the Demport is the ultras stand which you can decide to sit in or move, I think that the Lyndy should at least be consulted, Webby won't do it because he has already made the decision and bought the flag.

If so, why shouldn't we have been consulted, and why should we have to move?

Yes it is me, I thought that you were all consulted or at least had the chance to discuss/complain when the ultra thing happened, I don't "want" you to move, I was expressing myself as a Lyndy supporter I shouldn't have tried to answer for the Demport, that was wrong of me and once again today I am sorry. flower

No need to apologise, Iggy - I just thought you already knew this.

No. We weren't even told (except through the medium of a website), let alone consulted. And we don't want to move because we like watching football from behind the goal, and besides, the singers were all in the Zoo when we took those seats.

Never mind, though - at least the point about respecting season ticket seats has been taken.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Why not?

Has anyone even started the ball rolling on this yet? Anyone thrown their hat into the ring or news on when and how the elections/candidates will be held/selected? I can see it turning into a bloodbath.

Tony Cholwell has thrown his hat into the ring on behalf of Season Ticket holders. I like Tony a lot, he's got a sod-you independent streak a mile wide; I'll be voting for him. Other than that, nothing, if you don't count the initial knee-jerk attempt to get a Vote Sparksy bandwagon a rollin' (that seems to have come off the rails somewhat). Then there was Ian Newell's attempt at humour - a list of 4 potentials (Ian de-Lar, Knecht, Tony Cholwell and myself) some thought he was serious about backing those 4. I didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

knecht wrote:

Because to the Club President it's THE subject. It's more important than other issues raised, for instance the numerous reports of racist chanting coming from the Argyle end, home and away. He can't answer important issues like this, but if you're lucky, his sidekick who to my knowledge has no official position at the club yet, is only too willing to speak on his behalf #joinedatthehip.

Argyle's away support is amazing. Singing, chanting and turning up in large numbers. Does it improve results away from home? Because if it's only the amazing support thats responsible for our paltry points haul over the last few years, then the team is even more crap than our league position has shown.

It's a distraction designed to take the heat off of the real issues at the club. Lack of investment and a rookie manager who makes Wayne Rooney sound intelligent. And not everyone wants it Knecht, but anyonw who says so shouldn't go to games! Charming.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Tony gets my vote he seems at the moment to be willing to stand up to newel and webb . but im sure they will try and make him see there point of view.

Also webby seems to be keen on chairing GAS board meetings not good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Greenjock wrote:
knecht wrote:

Because to the Club President it's THE subject. It's more important than other issues raised, for instance the numerous reports of racist chanting coming from the Argyle end, home and away. He can't answer important issues like this, but if you're lucky, his sidekick who to my knowledge has no official position at the club yet, is only too willing to speak on his behalf #joinedatthehip.

Argyle's away support is amazing. Singing, chanting and turning up in large numbers. Does it improve results away from home? Because if it's only the amazing support thats responsible for our paltry points haul over the last few years, then the team is even more crap than our league position has shown.

It's a distraction designed to take the heat off of the real issues at the club. Lack of investment and a rookie manager who makes Wayne Rooney sound intelligent. And not everyone wants it Knecht, but anyonw who says so shouldn't go to games! Charming.

I agree with almost all of what you have said and I have challenged the attitude described in your last para. Take those sorts of things on not focus on a bloody flag.

Just be secure in the knowledge that when the present young flag-waving people get old they will moan about whatever tomorrow's young fans will want to do and they will demand that flags should be brought back just like in the good old days.
Back to top Go down
argyleangel

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:43 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:

Link to that?

Hey all by the way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:46 pm

argyleangel wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Link to that?

Hey all by the way!
Welcome Angel.
If Webby gets any more chairs, he'll have more jobs than Roy Gardner.
Never trust a man looking for more chairs.
Back to top Go down
argyleangel

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
argyleangel wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Link to that?

Hey all by the way!
Welcome Angel.

Thank you.

Is it true though about the Chair of GAS board? Haven't seen that anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

I can't be arsed to look for it now, but in response to one of the Pres' scathing responses to one of the "awkward squad" along the lines of the usual "Will you be standing then?" I did ask what the nomination process was. Surprisingly I didn't have a response to that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:57 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
argyleangel wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Link to that?

Hey all by the way!
Welcome Angel.

Does he wear white shoes ? Never trust a man in white shoes.

Welcome Angel. You sound too good to be here with us freaks n weirdos .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New flag coming   New flag coming - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New flag coming
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next