Dick Trickle
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 4:33 pm

ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
zyph wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
zyph wrote:

A "huge deflection".....not from where I was standing......but overstating probably originated in Exeter......if it wasn't for Rugby you wouldn't have much success to talk about.

But I guess you weren't standing right behind the shot, I probably had the best, or worst, view in the house, the size of the deflection did not show up on the highlights, having said that the scorer did give it a decent dig.

How on earth can you judge that I wasn't directly in line with the shot.....you lot psychic up Exeter way (other than the spoon bender of course)........ok what colour jacket was I wearing then......I'll give you a clue....it wasn't green.

Oh, sorry, so you were in with the Dag supporters then?

That's the on;y way you can have been "right behind" the shot!

Fecking clueless Swilly wankers.

We were 'behind the shot' as in the same half as it was hit, you clueless idiot. And not behind the player, with a view of his arse and heels. Everyone who was there concedes it took a deflection, what point are you trying to make? It was a hard shot that was going to test the keeper with or without the deflection. He hardly tickled the effort did he.

You were in front of it not "behind" it you moron and as always deflections are far more noticeable from behind.

From "behind" it is possible to clearly see the course of the shot prior too the deflection and after it, I know you boys are far too dim to ever admit and do do apologise for bringing this hint of banter to your boring little site which you love so much, but the fact remains that the keeper seemed to have a pretty decent chance of getting something on to the ball prior to the deflection when viewed from the perfect position to see it.

But all this is of little consequence unless your great run of form continues, if you scrape home by a single point then that image will be burnt into my psyche forever as the moment you spawny wassocks lucked in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:29 pm

So you were in the away end then? As that was the stand 'in front' of Brunt, ergo to be 'behind the volley' means you either had a good view of his arse, or must have been in the away end? Anything else is a side view, no, such as the camera angle which doesn't quite capture it.

Your pendantic view therefore that Argyle fans couldn't have seen the deflection as well as you then probably isn't accurate is it?

Who cares anyway, top goal and got a point when all we deserved was a slap across the face.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 am

ejh wrote:
So you were in the away end then? As that was the stand 'in front' of Brunt, ergo to be 'behind the volley' means you either had a good view of his arse, or must have been in the away end? Anything else is a side view, no, such as the camera angle which doesn't quite capture it.

Your pendantic view therefore that Argyle fans couldn't have seen the deflection as well as you then probably isn't accurate is it?

Who cares anyway, top goal and got a point when all we deserved was a slap across the face.

You haven't got one scrap of humility in you , have you? nor an IQ of close to your shoe size. Any reasonable person could just agree that someone standing directly behind the shot had a far better view of the deflection, but not you, no surprise there.

Typical facking Janner.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 6:23 am

On a different note, I see that Jimmy Floyd is about to be unveiled as the new manager at QPR.

That's the the Burton Albion bubble about to burst.

Hope the reluctant one backs DA financially, the vultures will already be circling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 8:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
On a different note, I see that Jimmy Floyd is about to be unveiled as the new manager at QPR.

Hope the reluctant one backs DA financially, the vultures will already be circling.

Weren't Burton high flying before Hasselbaink got in?

To what extent is his his team or ideas that is delivering the success?

You could credit Bobby Williamson with winning Division 2, but most fans accept it was Sturrock's team and Sturrock's title.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 8:56 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:

You haven't got one scrap of humility in you , have you? nor an IQ of close to your shoe size. Any reasonable person could just agree that someone standing directly behind the shot had a far better view of the deflection, but not you, no surprise there.

Typical facking Janner.

Lord T......you where standing so far away that even the curvature of the earth would spoil your view fom ground level... from that pathway around the back of that far goal......humility or being a reasonable person is not necessary.....it cannot change the fact that you had a net and a goalkeeper also possibly ten players ...plus those low level spotlights (sorry floodlights) shining in your face.....the end result would be that you saw nothing....and certainly not a big deflection of the shot......if you did see that well....many a puddy cat would be jealous of your incredible eyesight.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:18 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
ejh wrote:

Typical facking Janner.

lol! You criticising others for their lack of humility does tend to reduce credibility to comedic level. Unless there is a sub plot in your post of ironic self awareness of course. Rather surprising actually, you'd have thought that humility and being a Grecian would be natural bedfellows.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:59 am

ejh wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

You could credit Bobby Williamson with winning Division 2, but most fans accept it was Sturrock's team and Sturrock's title.

Wikipedia says he was attracted by Burton's stability............whatever that means on gates of 2/3thousand. Maybe there's a little bit of money in the boardroom ? He did concentrate on young players in his only other management position.

Royal Antwerp[edit]
In May 2013, Hasselbaink was announced as the new manager of newly relegated Belgian Second Division club Royal Antwerp.[90] He stated that the club was "a two or three year project" and he aimed to win promotion by playing attacking football with younger players on a reduced budget.[91][92] He made a number of signings for the club, including former England under-19 international John Bostock.[93] He led the club to a seventh-place finish in the 2013–14 season, before turning down a new deal at the club in May 2014.[94]

'Burton Albion[edit]
On 13 November 2014, Hasselbaink was appointed manager at League Two side Burton Albion.[95] He signed a two-and-half-year contract, and stated that he was attracted to Burton by the club's stability.[96] Four days after his appointment he took charge of his first game at Burton, a 3–1 win at Wycombe Wanderers which moved the club into fourth in the table.[97] He was nominated for the League Two Manager of the Month award in January for going unbeaten in the month and leading the club to victories over promotion rivals Shrewsbury Town and Bury;[98] however Chris Wilder of Northampton Town won the award.[99] On 18 April, Burton won 2–1 away at Morecambe to earn promotion to League One for the first time in their history.[100] Two weeks later, Burton came from 2–1 down, with ten men following the dismissal of goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin, to defeat Cambridge United 3–2 at the Abbey Stadium and win the League Two title.[101]

On 2 December 2015, with Burton top of League One, Hasselbaink entered negotiations for the vacant managerial position at Championship club Queens Park Rangers.[102]'
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 11:32 am

ejh wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I think Gary Rowett (sp?) had them on the right track prior to JFH, which got him the BCFC gig. But to do what JFH has done in leading them to the title and then on to the top of league1 is very impressive for a club with such limited resourses.

You can't compare him to Williamson. The job was 99% done by Luggy when he arrived for the victory parade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

You can't compare him to Williamson. The job was 99% done by Luggy when he arrived for the victory parade.  

Williamson certainly tried his best to get us relegated the next season. What a disaster he was, with the pinnacle being the multi talented Chadders. Like his mate Sturrock, he just refused to believe it was anything to do with him. We were so, so lucky when Pulis rocked up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I think Gary Rowett (sp?) had them on the right track prior to JFH, which got him the BCFC gig. But to do what JFH has done in leading them to the title and then on to the top of league1 is very impressive for a club with such limited resourses.

I wasn't comparing them as such, just an extreme example of one manager continuing from another and enjoying success that perhaps isn't fully justified.

Has Jimmy signed many of his own players, or is he still using Rowett's? Rowett built a formidable side so there is no point dropping and getting rid of players for no reason - however in terms of turning a side around with fresh ideas, has Jimmy proved capable of that? I don't have an opinion on it as I don't know much about him apart from looking at the League One table, so I'm just wondering aloud.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:10 pm

Greenskin wrote:

lol! You criticising others for their lack of humility does tend to reduce credibility to comedic level. Unless there is a sub plot in your post of ironic self awareness of course. Rather surprising actually, you'd have thought that humility and being a Grecian would be natural bedfellows.

Radical insight from 8 toed, Janner Central, Hobbit, why are Tavvy people all so short and hairy?

I think many of us have taken humility to a Zen like state, we assume the worst and worse still we see no way out of it, 111 years with just one 4th division title will do that to you, never a good reason not to wind in morons like ejh, the man has never ever been wrong in his own tiny little mind, he is what gets you Janners your bad rep, along with the likes of Huge, Newell and that utter dweeb Webb, I saw him in the flesh at 'nam, did he really shag a WAG? He was jabbering away with some knob in a Cromby, in an hour of post match neither of them mentioned football once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:13 pm

It's not just about signing your own players, far from it. In his early days at Hartlepool and elsewhere, Brian Clough was the master of using many of the ordinary players he inherited, but then turning them into top performers. A good manager can do that, improve on the canvas he inherited. Carl McHugh is a good example of that in action, here under Adams.
I seem to remember Warnock was able to get the best out of players too, and Pulis in the short time he was here.

Often when that manager then moves on to different things, some of those players move with him. It is almost a symbiosis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Radical insight from 8 toed, Janner Central, Hobbit, why are Tavvy people all so short and hairy?

I think many of us have taken humility to a Zen like state, we assume the worst and worse still we see no way out of it, 111 years with just one 4th division title  will do that to you, never a good reason not to wind in morons  like ejh, the man has never ever been wrong in his own tiny little mind, he is what gets you Janners your bad rep, along with the likes of Huge, Newell and that utter dweeb Webb, I saw him in the flesh at 'nam, did he really shag a WAG? He was jabbering away with some knob in a Cromby, in an hour of post match neither of them mentioned football once.

So are you saying one of your own (Motor Services) is short and hairy, I never had that vision of him.
Calling EJH a moron is unwarranted, he has his opinion that your an egotistical, arrogant blind Greek twat but chooses not to use those words but you manage to confirm what we're all thinking
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

I think many of us have taken humility to a Zen like state, we assume the worst and worse still we see no way out of it, 111 years with just one 4th division title  will do that to you, never a good reason not to wind in morons  like ejh, the man has never ever been wrong in his own tiny little mind, he is what gets you Janners your bad rep, along with the likes of Huge, Newell and that utter dweeb Webb, I saw him in the flesh at 'nam, did he really shag a WAG? He was jabbering away with some knob in a Cromby, in an hour of post match neither of them mentioned football once.

So are you saying one of your own (Motor Services) is short and hairy, I never had that vision of him.
Calling EJH a moron is unwarranted, he has his opinion that your an egotistical, arrogant blind Greek twat but chooses not to use those words but you manage to confirm what we're all thinking

I may live in Tavy now (lived here for 4 years) i was born in Exeter and lived just outside the fine City up until 15 years ago, you see id love to live in Exeter but sadly cant afford to, house prices (the closer you get to plimuff/cornwall) are cheaper, so living in Tavy means i dont have to live in the shitpit AKA the arsehole of Devon, and get a nice house with plenty of land for half the price Smile and ive got a Golf Course around 200 yds up from me if i fancy a round of golf, but best of all means i can Park my car in the garage so the pikey janners that live on the housing estates car see it to try and nick it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:28 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Wow, in some good company there must have gotten under your skin. Sadly for you I'm not a janner  study
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Wow, in some good company there must have gotten under your skin. Sadly for you I'm not a janner  study

No coming from Lanson makes you strange, which is worse than being a janner Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm not even from Lanson, but as you know me you'd know that...Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6