Dick Trickle
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Another "get out of jail card" played by Argyle.

I will be glad when those who are injured are back to full fitness, then perhaps we may see a return to the Argyle of early doors.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Couple mates at the game who've seen all but one game this season said this was the worst performance yet, by a country mile.  It ain't purely the injured players not being there. The ones in the team who've been performing at 7-8/10 consistently, are now, almost to a man, putting in 4/10 performances.

Why?

Who knows, but it happens to all teams at some point throughout the season. Injuries play their part, individual players lose form, the collective team effort just doesn't gel. Just one of those things I'm afraid.

Players don't become bad overnight, a good side doesn't become a bad one. Just hope this 'slump' (if that's what it is) doesn't last too long.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Couple mates at the game who've seen all but one game this season said this was the worst performance yet, by a country mile.  It ain't purely the injured players not being there. The ones in the team who've been performing at 7-8/10 consistently, are now, almost to a man, putting in 4/10 performances.

Why?

Terrible.

Walton played well. Brunt had an impact. Nelson good.

Croll nervous and worrying. Everyone except the above 3 were 4/10. Extremely fortunate to take a point out of that, thank the lord for Bruntinho.

Can't see Tyler Harvey making another football league contract.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:42 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Another "get out of jail card" played by Argyle...

Although I kind of hate say this, from afar it looks like the sort of result promoted teams tend to get. I haven't seen any teams this season who look like they won't have peaks and troughs. Rovers were probably the best side I've seen, but even they couldn't get a win today. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

lthough I kind of hate say this, from afar it looks like the sort of result promoted teams tend to get. I haven't seen any teams this season who look like they won't have peaks and troughs. Rovers were probably the best side I've seen, but even they couldn't get a win today. Very Happy

We shall see at the end of the season, remaining in the top three for the rest of the campaign will suffice.

Hopefully, Argyle will be back on track leading up to the Christmas period and beyond.

I thought Bristol Rovers were not too bad when they played down at HP early doors, nothing that special mind.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 5:55 pm

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Although I kind of hate say this, from afar it looks like the sort of result promoted teams tend to get. I haven't seen any teams this season who look like they won't have peaks and troughs. Rovers were probably the best side I've seen, but even they couldn't get a win today. Very Happy

Ordinarily, I'd agree Jabbs. But you'd have to have actually witnessed some of the recent 'performances' with your own eyes to understand the complete disbelief at how shockingly bad we've been, compared to proper table topping performances prior to that.

Oh, and take a bow Jamie Vardy.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:26 pm

My view is that the manager doesn't rate the squad players he inherited.  When he could have rotated in the League Cup and JPT he didn't.  

Cox, Harvey, Rooney, Bentley, Purrington were not even brought on or used when they are on the bench week in week out.  When Bittner was injured he used the young goalie as a sub but as soon as Bittner had to play he went out to get a new keeper.

My bet is that we will (hopefully) see a similar move next summer when those he inherited are moved on and another wave of DA players come in to make up a squad that can be interchanged more often without the detrimental effect on results that we have seen now after a few injuries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:27 pm

I was there. Very lucky point and some Argyle performances were shocking. Is Carey injured? Alarm bells, if so.

Mind you, promotion teams pull off stuff like this when playing poorly. Desperately need the key players back. It's a very young side without them.

Still, in it to win it - joint top.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 6:37 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
I was there. Very lucky point and some Argyle performances were shocking. Is Carey injured? Alarm bells, if so.

Mind you, promotion teams pull off stuff like this when playing poorly. Desperately need the key players back. It's a very young side without them.

Still, in it to win it - joint top.
I'll 2nd that Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:35 pm

With regards to Jon L's point, Harvey was tried today and looked utterly out of his depth.

Not a player suited to that kind of scrappy game, but we were playing bottom of the league and he just looked like he didn't belong.

I don't think Bentley is a particularly good player either, but Purrington looks like he can play.

We are possibly a bit too misty eyed about our youth recruits.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:44 pm

ejh wrote:
With regards to Jon L's point, Harvey was tried today and looked utterly out of his depth.

Not a player suited to that kind of scrappy game, but we were playing bottom of the league and he just looked like he didn't belong.

I don't think Bentley is a particularly good player either, but Purrington looks like he can play.

We are possibly a bit too misty eyed about our youth recruits.

Ah, the penny's finally dropped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Look we've lost some significant players and another one today, players who've made big impacts and that'll affect any team's confidence, the FA cup exit is beginning to look quite fortunate for us, we're still in there and the suggestion is most of those injured players will be back for the next game..
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Some players coming back but January is only 4 weeks away. After the carnage of the transfer window we'll sink without trace.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Brunt wins SSNHQ goal of the day
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Goodness me !
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 pm

2 weeks off should do it. Get the injured back and then ... off we go. 26 games to go and about another 40 points required for 3rd. Roughly 3 points per 2 games. Be positive ... the greens are going up.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 10:20 pm

How fooking depressing was that, 1,000 Janners celebrating a dog lucky equaliser which took a huge deflection against a team in the relegation zone.

Posters have already said you were shiite, which is true, but that was the best I have seen the Dags play all season, Oxford were here last week and were no better against a far inferior Dags team, you are nailed on to make the play offs, I shall really enjoy watching you bomb out at that stage again.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 am

I've got to agree that was the poorest performance I've seen this season. We are starting to use up next seasons get out of jail free cards. The injuries are really starting to hurt us now.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 5:16 am

Freathy wrote:
Some players coming back but January is only 4 weeks away.  After the carnage of the transfer window we'll sink without trace.

Well I'll wager £10,000 right now with you that we end the season in the top 3. Anyone of your choice can hold the funds in the interim Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:01 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Some players coming back but January is only 4 weeks away.  After the carnage of the transfer window we'll sink without trace.

Well I'll wager £10,000 right now with you that we end the season in the top 3. Anyone of your choice can hold the funds in the interim Very Happy

HS I'm told it's against the rules to respond to Freathyisms, but it is bleddy hard not to at times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 am

None that I know will be, much that I fear may chance

Freathy's been around a very long time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:22 am

It's all down to the transfer window. Adams said after the match how poor we were and that we have a threadbare squad.

I have a feeling that the reluctant one will back him in January [with someone else's money of course], as even he must see that he must keep Adams happy and that attendances will rise for a title race. It's his best chance of cashing in, one way or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Freathy wrote:

as if you had any balls to do that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 am

Tringreen wrote:
It's all down to the transfer window. Adams said after the match how poor we were and that we have a threadbare squad.

I have a feeling that the reluctant one will back him in January [with someone else's money of course], as even he must see that he must keep Adams happy and that attendances will rise for a title race. It's his best chance of cashing in, one way or another.

If the reluctant one learns anything from last season he will give del bhey some funds to add to the squad in january and allow del and the squad to have the best chance of getting into league 1 and not just do nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
How fooking depressing was that, 1,000 Janners celebrating a dog lucky equaliser which took a huge deflection against a team in the relegation zone.

Posters have already said you were shiite, which is true, but that was the best I have seen the Dags play all season, Oxford were here last week and were no better against a far inferior Dags team, you are nailed on to make the play offs, I shall really enjoy watching you bomb out at that stage again.

Dog lucky my arse, huge deflection my fecking arse!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread   Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle  Match Day Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dagenham & Redbridge v Plymouth Argyle Match Day Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next