Jethro
Josh Pope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 1:42 am

Geddon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Couldn't sleep last night so listened to the next two episodes.

I have to differ from the masses here and say I think it is an excellent little half hour listen.

It is embarrassing for you lot though that I usually guess the player after one or two clues, and you lot are still guessing after 6 or 7!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 6:40 pm

ejh wrote:

I have to differ from the masses here and say I think it is an excellent little half hour listen.

It is embarrassing for you lot though that I usually guess the player after one or two clues, and you lot are still guessing after 6 or 7!

Glad you enjoyed it, tickled your nerdy genes, nothing beats a bit of 'guess the player' at 3am jocolor geek jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 6:43 pm

pmsl geek geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, tickled your nerdy genes, nothing beats a bit of 'guess the player'  at 3am jocolor geek jocolor

More like 4am - 5:30am Eastern Time! Got too drunk yesterday and fell asleep at 8pm, wide awake by 3am. Thumbnsdown

Still not understanding the dislike of the podcast though. General up to date chat about Argyle with good topics, isn't it just an audio version of what we come to forums like ATD to read??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm afraid the tentacles of Pasoti have corrupted it too much for it to be seen as credible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I'm afraid the tentacles of Pasoti have corrupted it too much for it to be seen as credible.

yeap i'd agree with that. Plus pieface didnt help matters either
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I see pieface never became a regular poster on Creepy's Dead Zone Forum!.....
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:16 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I see pieface never became a regular poster on Creepy's Dead Zone Forum!.....
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Didn't need to, he got his own column in Brent's Evening Herald.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Just listening to it now, feck knows why it gets such bad press on here.

Keep it up lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Haven't heard Pasoti referenced yet in three 30+ minute episodes?

Of course the pigsty hierarchy are all over Pieface due to his fame, that was always going to happen, but he seems to be keeping a safe enough distance from them all. Don't know of him posting on the farm anyway.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:55 pm

ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, tickled your nerdy genes, nothing beats a bit of 'guess the player'  at 3am jocolor geek jocolor

More like 4am - 5:30am Eastern Time! Got too drunk yesterday and fell asleep at 8pm, wide awake by 3am.  Thumbnsdown

Still not understanding the dislike of the podcast though. General up to date chat about Argyle with good topics, isn't it just an audio version of what we come to forums like ATD to read??

Erm, no it isn't. On a forum any number of people can contribute and make a point at any given time. A lot of the time you may click on a thread (or indeed not bother) based on who has started or contributed to it.

The podcast is, I presume, Josh and his mates giving their opinions. That'll be enough for a lot of people to decide if they're interested or not.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Pass the blinkers, blindfold and ear plugs, my mind is made up.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Wasn't my idea and it's not run by me - I was a guest on once.

Not quite sure where the whole obsessive Pasoti thing has come from on this one, bearing in mind nobody on Pasoti has anything to do with it and nobody on ATD has anything to do with it, I can't quite see the obsession. Ah well, it's how things are I suppose.

You're welcome to go on if you want, Argyle Life are open to having a range of people on. I'm sure you'd widen the listening audience if you went on Czar..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Paven wrote:
Wasn't my idea and it's not run by me - I was a guest on once.

Not quite sure where the whole obsessive Pasoti thing has come from on this one, bearing in mind nobody on Pasoti has anything to do with it and nobody on ATD has anything to do with it, I can't quite see the obsession. Ah well, it's how things are I suppose.

You're welcome to go on if you want, Argyle Life are open to having a range of people on. I'm sure you'd widen the listening audience if you went on Czar..

Can I go on and put the world to rights about Pasoti corruption?

Nadda, didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 pm

No, because only about 10 people from this site would listen to it. Make your own stupid podcast if you want, but nobody is going to listen to that (other than you and your sad little mates, probably).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 am

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

More like 4am - 5:30am Eastern Time! Got too drunk yesterday and fell asleep at 8pm, wide awake by 3am.  Thumbnsdown

Erm, no it isn't. On a forum any number of people can contribute and make a point at any given time. A lot of the time you may click on a thread (or indeed not bother) based on who has started or contributed to it.

The podcast is, I presume, Josh and his mates giving their opinions. That'll be enough for a lot of people to decide if they're interested or not.

You've summed it up in one. There's a 6 page thread here, largely several people booting the podcast in the ribs from all directions, based on what it is presumed to be rather than what it is.

FWIW I come to these forums because i enjoy hearing what other Argyle fans think about the same topics I have an opinion on. I even read pasoti even though I can't contribute. Many of us also read the likes of Danny Salman's column even though we can't reply. Debates and perspectives are the spice of life on these forums - which is exactly what they are having on the podcast - discussions about the team and the manager, with a handful of well informed contributors coming at things from different angles.

It's a shame more can't overcome the strange anti-attitudes and just give the thing a fair listen.

It would be one thing to criticise the podcast's content and format, but a lot of the negativity is almost without foundation - just a bunch of stubborn posters insisting something is shit and they aren't interested. When the farm controllers say this place is full of tinfoil hat wearing looneys who don't go to games, are barely interested in the football, and just exist to spout negativity against a variety of figures and initiatives, we don't really do well as a group to counteract that stereotype at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:13 am

There seem to be the odd few on here who just don't listen and take other fans' views seriously. If a view is in any way perceived as 'negative', it is ignored and the blinkers and ear plugs go on immediately.
Some need to understand forums will reflect the opinion of the wider fan base, rather than the moderated one eyed comments across the road that they have been accustomed to. Negativity does not infer fans don't go to games, it's traditional for many, many fans, and reflects the rain in their soul looking at the footy year in, year out.

As for the podcast I see the downloading  listening public has plumetted from 1900 last time out to 130 for the latest offering. Seems like there are quite a few out there just like me, that tried it and found little reason to bother again, which would seem to hugely back up the thumbs down
Thumbnsdown
'Enthusiasts' would do well to understand they are few and far between in the real world.
Maybe a little tinkering of the listening figures is required. Very Happy. It's all the rage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:37 am

I don't think the idea of it is bad. it is just as I mentioned earlier it has been corrupted by Pasoti associates and dwellers of the directors box including Brent's evening Herald columnists.

Get someone independent in. And preferably a bit more mature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 7:49 am

You're wasting your time Punchy. You're tooooooooo negative. A them and us culture has been created by those that benefit from such disfunction.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Paven wrote:
No, because only about 10 people from this site would listen to it. Make your own stupid podcast if you want, but nobody is going to listen to that (other than you and your sad little mates, probably).

Why dont you make a podcast paven, explaining how much bumlicking was required before the Forum Freak let you back into Nerdvana?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

Yeah.........listened to a couple of minutes. You'd need to be a kid or an Aviva to waste your time on it.
Back to top Go down
PlymstockGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:53 pm

I was on the same podcast as Paven too, and I echo the previous statements about the site being open to criticism, in fact it would be most welcome. I know Nick (the producer) very well in real life and he has talked about his plans to add various new elements to the Podcast as it grows, it was never going to come flying out of the blocks and be a masterpiece from week 1. If anyone has any good ideas about what would make it more appealing to the fan base then feel free to get in touch.

However any talk of it being PASOTI affiliated is utter garbage. Nick doesn't have a PASOTI account and as far as I'm aware doesn't read it either. I'm sure the Brent debate will be introduced at some point because it is an important issue for the club and there is no reason why the leadership of the club shouldn't be questioned and given valid criticism.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:59 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Paven wrote:

Why dont you make a podcast paven, explaining how much bumlicking was required before the Forum Freak let you back into Nerdvana?

You think that would take long enough for podcast? laugh
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:05 pm

PlymstockGreen wrote:
I was on the same podcast as Paven too, and I echo the previous statements about the site being open to criticism, in fact it would be most welcome. I know Nick (the producer) very well in real life and he has talked about his plans to add various new elements to the Podcast as it grows, it was never going to come flying out of the blocks and be a masterpiece from week 1. If anyone has any good ideas about what would make it more appealing to the fan base then feel free to get in touch.

However any talk of it being PASOTI affiliated is utter garbage. Nick doesn't have a PASOTI account and as far as I'm aware doesn't read it either. I'm sure the Brent debate will be introduced at some point because it is an important issue for the club and there is no reason why the leadership of the club shouldn't be questioned and given valid criticism.

Well said young man ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Life Podcast
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next