Dick Trickle
Tgwu
Jethro
Josh Pope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 am

ejh wrote:
Just listening to it now, I think it's fantastic and well worth a listen. All the lads are making interesting points, have decent opinions, and Pieface sounds reasonably intelligent as opposed to how he sounds during matches!!

Will be listening to it weekly now. Really don't understand the hate for it at all, it's a decent production worth a listen.

I'm afraid anyone who associates themselves with Pasoti and it's nefarious movers and shakers are open to scorn and rightfully so.
I shall not be polluting my airspace by listening to that rubbish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 am

Elias wrote:
Paven wrote:
I'm confused on this one Punchy - the actual Argyle Life account is a member of both sites, as am I, and I shared the podcast on both sites at the same time.

Pieface is a local celebrity now (whether we all like it or not is irrelevant) which I believe is why we asked him, to get more people in to listen.

The podcast has nothing to do with various said individuals, it's by young Argyle fans (in general) who are passionate about football and the club. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong there.

Cheers Seadog and Bandwagon, glad you enjoyed it! Very Happy

Thought that account had been deleted ???????

Argyle.Life is still a member but hasnt posted since June
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:45 am

ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
I just listened for the first time also, I found it an alright listen while I watched Soton hammer Norwich. Just a case of personal tastes init. I think you understand where I'm coming from with my point though, so I won't go on about it and I do take your flipside response - people are going to disagree with each other on a forum designed for debate.

However with regards to the podcast I don't see much point in the flatline negativity towards it. Negative feedback can be constructive, but when the base argument is essentially "don't make it" there's not much constructive within that. I enjoyed it, but I'd suggest that they make it available to download as playing through the browser on my phone caused it to cut out on a few occasions which was frustrating.

FFS, this is a forum. It isn't an Oxford or Cambridge debating society. People aren't obliged to deliver constructive criticism.

If people think it's shit, they're entitled to say it. This is ATD, not Pasoti.

You can say something is crap and say why though.

In the first page a lot of the stuff is a bit personal, 'Argyle life is shit and should just give up', 'I won't listen to anything with that twat Pieface in it' etc.

Some fans are not really giving it a chance and it reflects badly on this site.

You've completely missed the point I was making. Yes, you can say it's crap and go into a thousand word ditty of why you think it's crap etc etc. The point I was making, (with reference to debating societies etc) is that you're not obliged to.

As for worrying how saying something is crap reflects on this site, lighten up. There are plenty of deep meaningful serious thought provoking places on the WWW to debate the whys and wherefores of everything. The day ATD starts to conform and worry about shit like that, will be the day it starts to die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
ejh wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
I just listened for the first time also, I found it an alright listen while I watched Soton hammer Norwich. Just a case of personal tastes init. I think you understand where I'm coming from with my point though, so I won't go on about it and I do take your flipside response - people are going to disagree with each other on a forum designed for debate.

However with regards to the podcast I don't see much point in the flatline negativity towards it. Negative feedback can be constructive, but when the base argument is essentially "don't make it" there's not much constructive within that. I enjoyed it, but I'd suggest that they make it available to download as playing through the browser on my phone caused it to cut out on a few occasions which was frustrating.

FFS, this is a forum. It isn't an Oxford or Cambridge debating society. People aren't obliged to deliver constructive criticism.

If people think it's shit, they're entitled to say it. This is ATD, not Pasoti.

You can say something is crap and say why though.

In the first page a lot of the stuff is a bit personal, 'Argyle life is shit and should just give up', 'I won't listen to anything with that twat Pieface in it' etc.

Some fans are not really giving it a chance and it reflects badly on this site.

You've completely missed the point I was making. Yes, you can say it's crap and go into a thousand word ditty of why you think it's crap etc etc. The point I was making, (with reference to debating societies etc) is that you're not obliged to.

As for worrying how saying something is crap reflects on this site, lighten up. There are plenty of deep meaningful serious thought provoking places on the WWW to debate the whys and wherefores of everything.   The day ATD starts to conform and worry about shit like that, will be the day it starts to die.

It isn't about ATD conforming, au contraire, it is about having an independent thought and not hating it on sight because it was Ian Newell's idea, or because Pieface McDermott is on it.

That is conforming by being negative and ATD reacting with a predictable anti-Pasoti agenda, IMO.

That is what reflects badly on this site I think, we are better and above that, it makes the forum seem petty to the outsiders, particularly the young lads involved in it.

Give it a listen, the lads have decent debates on a good choice of topics and all hold their own in my opinion.

Probably not enough going on with Argyle to chat for 30 mins every week though.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 am

You're falling into the trap of labelling a few people's opinions as 'the ATD opinion' eh.

As far as the podcast goes, I haven't slagged it off as I haven't listened to it. I haven't listened to it because I don't really have any interest in a group of teenagers and pieface talking about Argyle. That said, I'm sure there will be those like yourself who like that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 11:45 am

I listen too about 5 minutes off it before turning it off. if people like it good for them but I don't find it remotely interesting or listenable.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:17 pm

Angry wrote:
I listen too about 5 minutes off it before turning it off. if people like it good for them but I don't find it remotely interesting or listenable.

Same here, not really for me. Having said that kudos to them for getting off their backsides and doing something.

Isn't it a sign of the times with all things Argyle at the moment that something new has to be related back to Nool and his cronies. I think it was Swim with etc etc that brought it up - why? Nool and co really are insignificant when it comes to the football club. It's nothing to do with him or them. They may think or wish to be important, but in reality they're not.

That said, if this venture is successful, it will be interesting to see if the hangers on like Nool and Webb try to exert some control over the podcasts, or at least are interviewed in their roles as 'superfans'.

I sincerely hope that such advances are resisted.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:49 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Angry wrote:

Same here, not really for me. Having said that kudos to them for getting off their backsides and doing something.

Isn't it a sign of the times with all things Argyle at the moment that something new has to be related back to Nool and his cronies. I think it was Swim with etc etc that brought it up - why? Nool and co really are insignificant when it comes to the football club. It's nothing to do with him or them. They may think or wish to be important, but in reality they're not.

That said, if this venture is successful, it will be interesting to see if the hangers on like Nool and Webb try to exert some control over the podcasts, or at least are interviewed in their roles as 'superfans'.

I sincerely hope that such advances are resisted.

That was kind of my point PP. EJH has explained it well.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 pm

If it gets ebullient then that would be a turn off.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:58 pm

seadog wrote:

Agreed, honesty is important. Which is why I was pleased Pie gave a clear opinion on the Jervis scoring more than Reuben question, whereas the others sat on the fence a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:25 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
seadog wrote:

Agreed, honesty is important. Which is why I was pleased Pie gave a clear opinion on the Jervis scoring more than Reuben question, whereas the others sat on the fence a bit.

and how long will he be "allowed" to do that i wonder?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 8:50 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
seadog wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't believe I just read that. Get over yourselves. I think there's a few Argyle fans who need to get laid Laughing Laughing jocolor
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:14 pm

Not my sort of thang so I won't be listening again. Good luck with it anyway.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:28 pm

Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
seadog wrote:

and how long will he be "allowed" to do that i wonder?

I don't know what you mean by that Angry?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 9:52 pm

I think you do spowell, you're just being naughty.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:16 am

The fat man likes it cos it aint said a bad word about jimmy..but wonder how long that would last if any of em had the bollocks to cristisize jimmy..hmmmm i wonder
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:28 am

Spowell doesn't know what you mean by that Reg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:58 am

I think we all know the answer to that one, Reg.
Of course it isn't the sad self styled rotweiller getting himself in a tizzy the kids have to be worry about. affraid  The club and it's mill owner ways have never taken kindly to any criticism whatsoever. One only has to mention the cherry picker debacle to see how Argyle have bullied local press into shape over the years. "Access is denied" Brent is just the latest to behave in such a manner. Look how it has bullied the Fans Trust into the present day fawning poodle, just handing over it's hard earned willy nilly.
Mind you, local newspaper press have never said much bad abut any local business, as that's their bread and butter. Individuals have no such protection as such and are therefore fair game to be put in the stocks every night of the week. Fortunately, the BBC is not subject to this sort of  bullying, and is one of it's greatest strengths. Consequently, they have been able to have a pop at Brent for his Walter Mitty behaviour.
I think we can safely assume these kids will be duly respectful, if not fawning to their squire.   This isn't 1789, it isn't even 1968, and it's certainly not the left bank, it's the muddy bank garrison on the Tamar, in the Kingdom of Austerity . The nearest we've got to storming the Home Park Bastille is a drummer in a boy band duet-ting with Sparksy..

But, while the internet more and more concerns me greatly in some areas, at least it affords Joe Normal a proper say, something that Knights of the Realm like me have always had. So, long may ATD speak for the normal fan. flower

Last edited by Sir John Hawkins on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:10 am

Bleddy privateers coming on here, hijacking threads!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:14 am

It is my right to hijack. The Queen said so. The Pasoti Tower is not for the likes of me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:32 am

No tower, exile to Drake's island for you.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:53 am

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
I think we all know the answer to that one, Reg.
Of course it isn't the sad self styled rotweiller getting himself in a tizzy the kids have to be worry about. affraid  The club and it's mill owner ways have never taken kindly to any criticism whatsoever. One only has to mention the cherry picker debacle to see how Argyle have bullied local press into shape over the years. "Access is denied" Brent is just the latest to behave in such a manner. Look how it has bullied the Fans Trust into the present day fawning poodle, just handing over it's hard earned willy nilly.
Mind you, local newspaper press have never said much bad abut any local business, as that's their bread and butter. Individuals have no such protection as such and are therefore fair game to be put in the stocks every night of the week. Fortunately, the BBC is not subject to this sort of  bullying, and is one of it's greatest strengths. Consequently, they have been able to have a pop at Brent for his Walter Mitty behaviour.
I think we can safely assume these kids will be duly respectful, if not fawning to their squire.   This isn't 1789, it isn't even 1968, and it's certainly not the left bank, it's the muddy bank garrison on the Tamar, in the Kingdom of Austerity . The nearest we've got to storming the Home Park Bastille is a drummer in a boy band duet-ting with Sparksy..

But, while the internet more and more concerns me greatly in some areas, at least it affords Joe Normal a proper say, something that Knights of the Realm like me have always had. So, long may ATD speak for the normal fan. flower
why were talking woody the cynbals or the drum or the snare or what ever his called i wonder if he will invest his rockstar millions when jimmy messes up or will he dissapear
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:15 am

Rockstar millions? The guy earns 25% of maybe 6% of record sales, plus money from touring and sponsorships. Given that Bastille seem to be a Dan Smith project, I wonder whether he's getting any writing or production credits. No doubt he's doing very nicely for himself, but I wouldn't be that surprised to find that he's not a millionaire yet, let alone sitting on millions.

Which is beside the point, but anyway...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 4:42 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Rockstar millions? The guy earns 25% of maybe 6% of record sales, plus money from touring and sponsorships. Given that Bastille seem to be a Dan Smith project, I wonder whether he's getting any writing or production credits. No doubt he's doing very nicely for himself, but I wouldn't be that surprised to find that he's not a millionaire yet, let alone sitting on millions.

Which is beside the point, but anyway...

He wouldnt even be close to a millionaire or Dan Smith for that matter... Bastille aren't that big a band
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Wake me up when this nightmare thread is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Life Podcast
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next