Tgwu
Jethro
Josh Pope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Maybe it would surprise a few of you that actually it's about the first team and coaching etc mostly, rather than any board members or Argyle politics or whatever.

Who is going to be interested in a Brent-bashing podcast? Certainly a large amount of the listeners wont be. There's no point.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Can't we just talk about the football?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Yes, typical of Paviour, stirring up the old fan divisions. About time he just left the politics out of it and got on with the broadcasting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Paven wrote:
Maybe it would surprise a few of you that actually it's about the first team and coaching etc mostly, rather than any board members or Argyle politics or whatever.

Who is going to be interested in a Brent-bashing podcast? Certainly a large amount of the listeners wont be. There's no point.

Why wouldnt any Argyle supporters not be interested in all the dodgy behind the scenes goings on ? pig pig
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:18 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Paven wrote:

Why wouldnt any Argyle supporters not be interested in all the dodgy behind the scenes goings on ? pig pig

Not much to discuss at the minute though is it. It's all going a bit too well that stirring shit up would be a pointless task and hardly generate much interest/support. Whereas being honest when the moment arrives just might.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm

No problem then. Have fun with it guys.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:53 pm

so wait until we are really in the shit before discussing it. Webb said (when he was leader of the Trust) that would never happen again.

So far Brent's appointment of Adams seems to be a success but given our crowds and stature, plus the fact that 1 in 6 of the league go up and nearly a third are involved in the play offs, one might Argyle that Brent's stewardship has not been a successful one.

His reluctance to engage with supporters, plus his less than successful property ventures in the city require further investigation. Why not invite Sir Francis on for a guest spot one week?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Paven wrote:

Not much to discuss at the minute though is it. It's all going a bit too well that stirring shit up would be a pointless task and hardly generate much interest/support. Whereas being honest when the moment arrives just might.

Any news on the grandstand James ?  Or the overall club debt to yourself and others ? Winning football matches is great but I won't be reaching for the blinkers just yet.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Paven wrote:

Any news on the grandstand James ?  Or the overall club debt to yourself and others ?  Winning football matches is great but I won't be reaching for the blinkers just yet.

Dont you just lurve the Junior Jimmy Clappers!I love you
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Angry wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Rockstar millions? The guy earns 25% of maybe 6% of record sales, plus money from touring and sponsorships. Given that Bastille seem to be a Dan Smith project, I wonder whether he's getting any writing or production credits. No doubt he's doing very nicely for himself, but I wouldn't be that surprised to find that he's not a millionaire yet, let alone sitting on millions.

Which is beside the point, but anyway...

He wouldnt even be close to a millionaire or Dan Smith for that matter... Bastille aren't that big a band

Yeah, I didn't think they were that big, until someone told me that they've sold something like 8m worldwide. Okay, they aren't Led Zep, or even One Direction, but that's pretty impressive considering they've only released one album. I'm guessing that a)they're bigger in the States than here or b) this is further proof that I am old and irrelevant. With that, tour earnings, merchandise and whatnot, my 50p would be on Smith being worth 7-figures. Depending on how bad his ching and hooker habits are, obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:21 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Angry wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
Rockstar millions? The guy earns 25% of maybe 6% of record sales, plus money from touring and sponsorships. Given that Bastille seem to be a Dan Smith project, I wonder whether he's getting any writing or production credits. No doubt he's doing very nicely for himself, but I wouldn't be that surprised to find that he's not a millionaire yet, let alone sitting on millions.

Which is beside the point, but anyway...

He wouldnt even be close to a millionaire or Dan Smith for that matter... Bastille aren't that big a band

Yeah, I didn't think they were that big, until someone told me that they've sold something like 8m worldwide. Okay, they aren't Led Zep, or even One Direction, but that's pretty impressive considering they've only released one album. I'm guessing that a)they're bigger in the States than here or b) this is further proof that I am old and irrelevant. With that, tour earnings, merchandise and whatnot, my 50p would be on Smith being worth 7-figures. Depending on how bad his ching and hooker habits are, obviously.

they have re-released that album 3 times though. they are big in japan but there again so where erasure. Dont forget for every pound a band/artist makes they only 5-15p of it maybe even less pending on the terms of their record deal. I very much doubt he is anywhere near a millionaire woody certainly isnt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 11:24 am

So were Erasure? What that band full of multi millionaires that have sold literally millions and millions of records and sold out large stadiums regularly? Great comparison FI.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Still amazed this got 4 pages. Ah well, second episode out here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:18 pm

FFS! here come another 4! Cheers Josh.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 pm

lol!

Features me this week.. raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 am

can you ask this question next week ...Is Brent any good for Argyle
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 7:10 am

I am sure a well rounded discussion will develop over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 8:59 am

FFS
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:14 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Can't we just talk about the football?

I'm not missing the sentiment here just taking the rhetorical question literally and the answer is "no".

I know where it comes from but the question itself is so lacking in common sense it's ridiculous. Of course we want to debate whether, say, Reid or Blunt is best or should start. And we do. Whether Bittner is an adequate back-up to Luke. And we do.

So we do talk about football. Quite a lot actually. It's the foundation on which everything else is based.

What the question really means, of course, is "let's not look too closely at the way the club is run" but that's at best daft and naive and at worst a deliberate con. The way the club is run affects everything. Where the money goes affects who we can afford to recruit and that affects the quality of the players we have and that in turn means the quality of the team. Off the pitch it affects the quaity of the pasties, how many turnstiles we have open, how long we have to queue up to get in, whether or not we can find a programme seller, how long it takes to get served at a catering outlet, whether the concourse TVs work, whether parts of the ground are derelict and closed, whether the bits that are open are being properly maintained...

In short the quality of the football depends largely on the quality of the club's governance so every time we say "the LB/GK/CF is shit" what we are really saying is that the manager is unable to find a better one within budget.

Conversely the opposite does not necessarily apply. Not every goal, win or other minor triumph reflects as directly on the club's governance. Sometimes stuff just happens. Sometimes clubs get lucky. Sometimes managers do massively over-achieve but it rarely happens and it all depends on context. This is a division we should marmalise into submission and that marmalisation, when it happens - and one day it will, won't currently represent success at any meaningful level because quite simply, in golf terms, it'll only be making par. (To continue the golfing metaphor marmalising Div 1 is a birdie and the CCC an eagle/albatross - the PL would be a hole-in-one!)

Only a complete buffoon or charlatan, or maybe both, would genuinely think "just talking about the football" was even vaguely possible.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:25 am

im looking forward to the next instalment of what formation we play
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

Next Thursday Al!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

Will we still be playing in stripes next year ? that's all I care about. #lilacisntjustforlesbians
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 am

Im all for these youngsters doing something, its great. But they all know all the nonsense that has gone on within and outside the club, so why not get some kind of credibility and start asking questions.

It could be a great thing for all the younger supporters (im presuming thats the majority who listen) to get involved.

Good luck anyway guys
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Cheers Al - I'm sure it's something that'll crop up from time to time but can't see us going overboard on it. Perhaps a question next week on whether Brent is right for the club would be an interesting one to incorporate.

Of course it is mostly about the football because that's what we all enjoy most but it's important to talk about the other things as well.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Cringewrorthy and village. Gentleman Jim sure knows how to keep the avivas onside, until he can cash in.
Like kids let loose in a sweet shop........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Life Podcast
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next