Tgwu
Jethro
Josh Pope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Because I do not like it, it do not make me boring or predictable. You stay in your corner and I stay in mine. Then we both will stay happy.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:01 pm

You're the own who degrade Seadogs opinion because Ian also liked it. Don't get tetchy because your own logic has been turned flipside against you.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:03 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
ejh wrote:
Haven't listened to the podcast, but good luck to you on the new idea. Do we have to be so negative about a group of young supporters trying something different?

Well apparently Ian liked it so of course some on this site will take the counter opinion, because they're boring and predictable like that. Unfortunately those obsessions dilute the opinions of the sane on this site, I can sympathise with why many are turned off this forum.

There's always plenty of Forum Experts ready to pass on their great knowledge of what makes a good site, i think most posters on this site are perfectly sane aswell as interesting. i have found that despite the name changes, Swimming up his own Arse turns me off big time, a bit like his mate Ian.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:05 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
ejh wrote:
Haven't listened to the podcast, but good luck to you on the new idea. Do we have to be so negative about a group of young supporters trying something different?

Well apparently Ian liked it so of course some on this site will take the counter opinion, because they're boring and predictable like that. Unfortunately those obsessions dilute the opinions of the sane on this site, I can sympathise with why many are turned off this forum.

There's always plenty of Forum Experts ready to pass on their great knowledge of what makes a good site, i think most posters on this site are perfectly sane aswell as interesting. i have found that despite the name changes, Swimming up his own Arse turns me off big time, a bit like his mate Ian.

Like clockwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Right, against my better judgement, due to Powelly's intervention who has shown something approaching a modicum of balance in the past for an un scarred young fan, I've just given Argyle life's podcast a whirl. Good grief, I wish I hadn't.

30 odd minutes long apparently, within 2 minutes I was fast forwarding as fast as it would allow, only to ditch it after 7 minutes. It's not just the quality, it's the format. Why do you think social media has become so popular ?  It's because it's a two way exercise, well, apart from the present day Pasoti, that is. What can you think is possibly interesting in 4 young geeks sitting next to a microphone. Do you think we're voyeurs ? We used to do something similar as school kids ourselves on a reel to reel with Call my bluff, and other formats............. google it. We used to make up words and get drunk.  Wouldn't have dreamed however that anyone else would be interested. Just youngsters mimicking, doing teenage stuff.

If you're talking "pod casts", give me the Killie fan's view linked to this weekend here. That was great stuff, loved it. I've actually watched it twice and think it's a great piece. Cheered me up no end.
Argyle Life, get a life, get with the times, and stop trying to be Gary Greyfox Oneliner or David Coleman
Basically Argyle life is asking me to draw up a chair and listen to a "pub conversation" held by teenagers. Do me a favour.
There's not even any comments allowed. And as Tg as intimated, it has nothing to do with any Ian, Jimmy or Harry. It has everything to do with what I watch/listen to/converse with.

Has it ever occurred to you that people like yourself continually moaning on here about Freathy, Rickler, Gob, Tring, Suffers, Punchy etc put me off using this forum ? Do you understand my logic there ?  It's a two way street. I'm beginning to think old folk understand social media better than "you lot". Getta grip, it's called dialogue. As Josh is always being told, "Tighten up".
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 3:58 pm

I just listened for the first time also, I found it an alright listen while I watched Soton hammer Norwich. Just a case of personal tastes init. I think you understand where I'm coming from with my point though, so I won't go on about it and I do take your flipside response - people are going to disagree with each other on a forum designed for debate.

However with regards to the podcast I don't see much point in the flatline negativity towards it. Negative feedback can be constructive, but when the base argument is essentially "don't make it" there's not much constructive within that. I enjoyed it, but I'd suggest that they make it available to download as playing through the browser on my phone caused it to cut out on a few occasions which was frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Owned Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:16 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
I just listened for the first time also, I found it an alright listen while I watched Soton hammer Norwich. Just a case of personal tastes init. I think you understand where I'm coming from with my point though, so I won't go on about it and I do take your flipside response - people are going to disagree with each other on a forum designed for debate.

However with regards to the podcast I don't see much point in the flatline negativity towards it. Negative feedback can be constructive, but when the base argument is essentially "don't make it" there's not much constructive within that. I enjoyed it, but I'd suggest that they make it available to download as playing through the browser on my phone caused it to cut out on a few occasions which was frustrating.

FFS, this is a forum. It isn't an Oxford or Cambridge debating society. People aren't obliged to deliver constructive criticism.

If people think it's shit, they're entitled to say it. This is ATD, not Pasoti.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

FFS, this is a forum. It isn't an Oxford or Cambridge debating society. People aren't obliged to deliver constructive criticism.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Fair play, I just don't see the point is all. Comes across as bitter and a bit twattish in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:16 pm

There is an mp3 version, I asked for it on twatter.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I am far from being bitter, I am a happy chappy and your seadog quote, I was pulling his leg.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:22 pm

You are on my foe list now T&G, so I don't know you were pulling my leg.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Are you at home or at Anchor?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Safely anchored in the lee of bum island.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 7:48 pm

seadog wrote:
Safely anchored in the lee of bum island.

As I can see, lucky sod
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:31 pm

seadog wrote:
There is an mp3 version, I asked for it on twatter.

Is it linked on the website? I couldn't find it on my mob.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Rummage through their Twitter, it's definitely there.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Proper job, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Bum Island? The Swallow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

You can say something is crap and say why though.

In the first page a lot of the stuff is a bit personal, 'Argyle life is shit and should just give up', 'I won't listen to anything with that twat Pieface in it' etc.

Some fans are not really giving it a chance and it reflects badly on this site.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 am

Paven wrote:
I'm confused on this one Punchy - the actual Argyle Life account is a member of both sites, as am I, and I shared the podcast on both sites at the same time.

Pieface is a local celebrity now (whether we all like it or not is irrelevant) which I believe is why we asked him, to get more people in to listen.

The podcast has nothing to do with various said individuals, it's by young Argyle fans (in general) who are passionate about football and the club. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong there.

Cheers Seadog and Bandwagon, glad you enjoyed it! Very Happy

Thought that account had been deleted ???????
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 am

Oh and tighten up ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 am

Just listening to it now, I think it's fantastic and well worth a listen. All the lads are making interesting points, have decent opinions, and Pieface sounds reasonably intelligent as opposed to how he sounds during matches!!

Will be listening to it weekly now. Really don't understand the hate for it at all, it's a decent production worth a listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Life Podcast   Argyle Life Podcast - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Life Podcast
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next